(FREE) ECA Membership, Amazon Codes are down for time being

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldgsl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Mods' edit:
No begging for codes. Beggars will be permabanned on the spot.

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers. Codes aren't available at the moment, unknown ETA when/if they'll be back.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

(Free memberships available, see below.)

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

[quote name='dallascowboys']If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']You weren't kidding. Ok I found this on page 28. All credit goes to jacknicklson for the original faq (1-6).

ECA/Amazon FAQ

1. I can't get into the member's area/can't find out where to pay. Help!

After the initial registration email, you should receive a second email linking you to a payment page. You can request that this email be resent if need be. Make sure to check your junk/spam folders as well.

2. Will this work on consoles?

No. Games and most accessories only. Physical point cards are also eligible, but not digital point codes.

3. Do these work on Quick Picks/Deals of the Day/Trade-in Coupons?

Yes, Yes, and Yes!

4. How do I get my Quick Picks to show games?

http://betterelevation.com/2009/02/1...old-box-trick/
This should be a basis to get it to work for whatever you are interested in. It is not a science though so be persistent.

5. Does this work on Pre-orders?

Yes, it does. The price will also automatically take off 10% of whatever the final selling point is due to the Pre-Price Guarantee that Amazon offers.

6. I have heard that these offers have expired/been removed, is this true?

There have been a few instances where codes expired or they ran out but The ECA and Amazon have usually rectified the situation within a week or so. Also, the Terms of Service state that any membership benefits can change or be canceled without any notice so keep that in mind when signing up.

7. Double and Triple stacking

This is no longer possible. Don't bother trying. Originally when the ECA would run out of codes and switch to a new batch members were able to stack codes. A glitch in Amazon's system would keep older codes in your account, and it was possible to add codes from the newer batches to obtain more than 10% off. Amazon found out about this, hence the reason the codes are currently down/ being worked on.

8. Begging/Asking for codes

This is not allowed. If you beg/ask for a code you will be permabanned. No questions asked.

9. Selling codes

Definitely a big no no. If you do this, you will get reported to the ECA and your account will be shut down.

10. If I make a pre-order with a code a cancel it, will the code still work?

Yes. Codes should remain in your account but again they will no longer stack. It is one code per game. Amazon and the ECA are working on codes tied into our accounts but this option is not yet available.

11. If I already have a pre-order made, can I add a 10% off code to it?

You can not add a anything to an order once it is made except a gift card. You can try emailing Amazon customer support and ask them to add it. Generally they have no issue doing this for you but it's a crap shoot.

12. What if I already have a pre-order with the old codes applied? Should I be worried?

We don't know definitively, but chances are good that Amazon will not touch the pre orders we have already made.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hostile']If I preorder a couple of games in one order, will I be able to change their shipping from two-day to release day when they become available? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Yea I asked the same thing. Seems like you cant get release date delivery on multiple orders only for a single order of a single game.

[quote name='J7.']Do ECA Amazon Codes work on games not sold by Amazon (by other sellers)?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Know that for a fact cause I tried that when Legacy of YS was $20 at Target. Sadface T____T

[quote name='io']I wouldn't be so sure. In another thread a CAG says he lost his 50% coupon after cancelling a preorder today. It won't reapply to new orders - ouch! What's different from yesterday when that apparently did work? Well, it's October 1st. Those codes were supposed to expire after Aug 31st. So it could be that Amazon pads the expiration by a month as a courtesy (and maybe to avoid CS issues).

So, if the old codes still come back with cancellations now (and has anyone confirmed this for today?) that may only happen through October - though these codes could be completely different. Just a head's up though. It coudld also be a glitch with that other CAG's order or maybe he isn't applying it to something that qualifies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my choice of words in that example was a bit poor. The bolded was basically what I unsuccessfully tried to imply. There were only one or two examples of the 50% off still applying, and that was multiple weeks ago - just a week or two after the code was set to expire.

question:

I pre ordered a game with the $15 ODST code. If i cancel that order, Will the $15 be put back on my account so i can order something else?

[quote name='guyver2077']question:

I pre ordered a game with the $15 ODST code. If i cancel that order, Will the $15 be put back on my account so i can order something else?[/QUOTE]

simple answer is yes but they could become void down the road if you dont use it for a long time.

Nirron, people have talked about it happening in the past week and it not working seems to be the exception to the rule, so far.

Guyver, yes. =)

To redo my previous question. I have used coupons for games that haven't shipped yet, preorders. Some in late august, some in September. is there any way for me to find out what coupons I used? I didn't save them.

Part of me wants to reshuffle some older preorders to try and maximize coupon and ECA stackage, but the other part of me is thinking I should leave well enough alone. 20% off on like 14 games is probably well enough. :)

Ryuukishi, think of it like this.

Let's say the average cost of those 14 games is $45 each. * low estimate*

That would equate to $4.50 x 14 with 10% more off.

That equates to $63. $63 is not penny-change.

I have had preorders going back to last with the ECA membership. I cancelled them and redid the preorder under 1 and was able to get a triple stack.

Even when I have a good amount of Amazon eCertificates and a triple ECA code to use (I can make it to around $20-$30 OOP per game), I still find it hard to preorder games. I hate paying for games I don't love more than I love paying for games I do end up loving. I suspect I only have one chance left to abuse the triple ECA code (unless I can bum them off others) but I only have FFXIII and God of War III on my list of definite preorders.

I'm thinking about StarCraft II (only because of the $60 pricepoint), Brutal Legend, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Borderlands (PC), Bayonetta, The Last Guardian, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Alpha Protocol, The Saboteur and No More Heroes 2. I want to be able to preorder Metal Gear Solid: Rising, Diablo III, Yakuza 3 and Lunar: Silver Star Harmony. Already preordered Modern Warfare 2 and Uncharted 2.

think the 30% off will last tomorrow? I got the codes working and some games in my cart, but thinking about getting Halo ODST but won't have the money til tomorrow (pay day) along with my pre-order items.. everything has to go on one order right? Since I only have one J and L code.

[quote name='RedGamer']Ryuukishi, think of it like this.

Let's say the average cost of those 14 games is $45 each. * low estimate*

That would equate to $4.50 x 14 with 10% more off.

That equates to $63. $63 is not penny-change.[/QUOTE]
I know... But I only have one "old" code on my Left 4 Dead 2 preorder, and I'm pretty sure it's not old enough to stack with the newer codes. And that preorder has some other gift certs applied to it that I'm afraid are expired and I won't be able to re-apply them. If I thought the code was old enough, I'd risk it, but I'm fairly sure it's not. :(

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I know... But I only have one "old" code on my Left 4 Dead 2 preorder, and I'm pretty sure it's not old enough to stack with the newer codes. And that preorder has some other gift certs applied to it that I'm afraid are expired and I won't be able to re-apply them. If I thought the code was old enough, I'd risk it, but I'm fairly sure it's not. :([/QUOTE]

When did you order left 4 dead 2? if it was before September its probably an L code.

[quote name='aznguyen316']think the 30% off will last tomorrow? I got the codes working and some games in my cart, but thinking about getting Halo ODST but won't have the money til tomorrow (pay day) along with my pre-order items.. everything has to go on one order right? Since I only have one J and L code.[/QUOTE]

I'd guess it would work tomorrow as long as they are in your cart. To be safe, you could just use them in a pre-order, cancel that tomorrow, and then redo the order with Halo:ODST since all the codes will automatically get redeposited. That way you know the codes are "safe" until tomorrow. Unless you meant whether they will have totally blocked this tomorrow which I think is pretty unlikely but who knows.

[quote name='Moravagine']I'd guess it would work tomorrow as long as they are in your cart. To be safe, you could just use them in a pre-order, cancel that tomorrow, and then redo the order with Halo:ODST since all the codes will automatically get redeposited. That way you know the codes are "safe" until tomorrow. Unless you meant whether they will have totally blocked this tomorrow which I think is pretty unlikely but who knows.[/QUOTE]

this is the first I've done w/ the triple stacks, so I wasn't sure if I were to go ahead and submit my pre-orders, if all three codes would be returned to my account if I cancel my order tomorrow to add on ODST. Has this been confirmed to work?

But yeah I'm afraid they'll be blocking these older codes which I also agree is unlikely. Right now I just have my cart ready with discounts galore lol =) Probably gonna toss in a few more games with it.

Jumped into the party a little late and did pre-ordered 6 games with the 10% and the $10 amazon credits (well $5 for uncharted but it is a must buy for me). Good prices as far as I am concerned, but if anyone has a J or L code that they are not going to be using or able to point out something I did not take advantage of, I would love to hear about it. Good stuff CAGers.

Lee7Sauce, he even said he was late. Which means he didn't read the... 138 pages of posts in this topic.

You don't need to be an ass about it.

[quote name='aznguyen316']this is the first I've done w/ the triple stacks, so I wasn't sure if I were to go ahead and submit my pre-orders, if all three codes would be returned to my account if I cancel my order tomorrow to add on ODST. Has this been confirmed to work?[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is how most are getting access to the old codes. I did it just a few hours ago on another order. So unless they change something, you will be fine.

[quote name='lee7sauce']Mods already said NO CODE BEGGING, IT'S OVER, DON'T ASK OTHERS FOR CODES.[/QUOTE]

My apologies for not having all the information before posting. I would argue that begging might be a slightly strong term for the intended reason of my post, but I digress. Enjoy the multitude of great looking games coming out in the near future!

[quote name='Moravagine']Yes, this is how most are getting access to the old codes. I did it just a few hours ago on another order. So unless they change something, you will be fine.[/QUOTE]

thank you.

Did anybody preorder games that come out next year?

I had GOW 3, Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy 13 and Versus and Heavy Rain.

[quote name='wildcpac']Did anybody preorder games that come out next year?

I had GOW 3, Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy 13 and Versus and Heavy Rain.[/QUOTE]

I've even got Versus 13, which Amazon says will ship in 2011 :lol:

GoW3, FF13 (both systems), Heavy Rain, GT5, Resonance of Fate, Bad Company 2, and Bayonetta. That's it for next year's pre-orders...I think...:cool:

[quote name='wildcpac']Did anybody preorder games that come out next year?

I had GOW 3, Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy 13 and Versus and Heavy Rain.[/QUOTE]

I ordered a large number of 2010 games including a few that do not even have release dates like Max Payne 3 and Alan Wake. I may end up canceling some but wanted to have the option of getting them down the road with the stacked ECA.

[quote name='darknight88']simple answer is yes but they could become void down the road if you dont use it for a long time.[/QUOTE]

the ODST $15 for me is more like a vg credit not a code, every time I checking out it auto subtract $15 from my order, so if I cancel some pre-order which contains that $15 off, the $15 will auto go back for my next purchase?

[quote name='jubeininja69']i can't cancel games on my current order. i want to add another game.[/QUOTE]

It has been said before that if you already had a game shipped from your order that it's locked.

I found my answers among previous posts, thanks guys

also how often did ECA update their codes? when will we get the next batch?

[quote name='Jonsoncao']I found my answers among previous posts, thanks guys

also how often did ECA update their codes? when will we get the next batch?[/QUOTE]

What? Is there something wrong with the batch now?

[quote name='Jonsoncao']I found my answers among previous posts, thanks guys

also how often did ECA update their codes? when will we get the next batch?[/QUOTE]

The new batch just started yesterday. You can only get 1 code per 24 hours now.

[quote name='sabanoo']What? Is there something wrong with the batch now?[/QUOTE]

nah, I am just wondering if the # codes already fixed the stacking glitch or not
or we ll all get just # codes from now on

[quote name='wildcpac']It has been said before that if you already had a game shipped from your order that it's locked.[/QUOTE]

I need to ask for a bit of clarification here. What about orders with items that ship at different times? For example, I have an order with the following:

Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: October 13, 2009
* 1 of: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
* 1 of: Brutal Legend

Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: October 6, 2009
* 1 of: Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition w/ Artbook & Soundtrack CD

Now, once Demon's Souls ships, lets say I decide to cancel Brutal Legend which doesn't ship until the next week: Can I still cancel an item from the order that has yet to ship?

I believe you can cancel an item at any time. What are they going to do ? Ship it to you and you just return it for a refund.

The order being locked is for the coupons. Like other have stated before. You cannot get your old coupon back in your cart if you already had an item shipped to you from that old pre order.

I was able to get the triple stack because I had pre orders from August and September. All I had to do was cancel them to get the coupons back in my cart.

[quote name='wildcpac']I believe you can cancel an item at any time. What are they going to do ? Ship it to you and you just return it for a refund.

The order being locked is for the coupons. Like other have stated before. You cannot get your old coupon back in your cart if you already had an item shipped to you from that old pre order.[/QUOTE]

Ah, gotcha. I wasn't concerned about canceling an item to get the code back. I just wanted to ensure that I can cancel items from an order that has already had at least one item shipped.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

can anyone who canceled a preorder during this month, october, confirm that you had all your coupons stay in your account (50% off, $75 off, eca, etc.)? I'm planning on canceling my mw2 preorder and stacking another eca for $15 off, but want to be sure the coupons stay within my account.

They are stacking, but only adding two - 10% when you cancel previous orders. I got 10% + 10% + then was able to add todays code for 10% (30% total) plus finally today my ODST $10 off showed up on my account.

I actually cancelled all pre-orders first, then I re-ordered and it came to 20% plus the new 10%. I then went back in and added a game to a new order right after completing other and got two - 10% (20% again) showed up.

So you are only able to stack if you have a code from a previous month?

If that is the case--will someone with a spare code from September give me theirs? I have already preordered Uncharted 2 with my ECA from this month (just joined today lol).....any help would be appreciated! :)

ya i think you can only stack with older codes, cause i just tried canceling, etc and it didnt work.
and no code begging. this has been said many times. its also technically against eca terms.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote in asking about the code problem and in return they said

They would send out a prize pack for being out of codes..

This was Sept 13 and have not heard a word back from them about the so called prize pack or got anything via mail....

dont know if i would pay them another year fees

The new codes can be used with certain games that was not working before. Nba 2k10 CE that was a $100 is now working with the new codes. I did not buy the CE, but just a heads up.

I originally had NBa2k10 with 2 day shipping for about $40 after the $15 gift cards from Halo Odst and an Eca coupon applied. I cancelled that order and generated another code from Eca for another $5.00 off and now I'm getting the game for $35.00.

Here's hoping that I can get another code by today or tomorrow as I really want Unhcarted 2 & Modern Warfare 2.

[quote name='slidecage']I wrote in asking about the code problem and in return they said

This was Sept 13 and have not heard a word back from them about the so called prize pack or got anything via mail....

dont know if i would pay them another year fees[/QUOTE]

95% of the people in this thread didnt pay shit for eca, which pisses me off to no extent.

[quote name='TomJones4']95% of the people in this thread didnt pay shit for eca, which pisses me off to no extent.[/QUOTE]

;)

Well I in turn pay for Internet & time looking for deals, that's how I came up on the ECA for free offer that was included in Game Informer ( Which I have a paid subscription) . So don't be mad just get smarter

[quote name='backseatdog']can anyone who canceled a preorder during this month, october, confirm that you had all your coupons stay in your account (50% off, $75 off, eca, etc.)? I'm planning on canceling my mw2 preorder and stacking another eca for $15 off, but want to be sure the coupons stay within my account.[/QUOTE]

Yesterday, I tried the very thing you're thinking of doing with a 50% off coupon on the Tekken 6 bundle. When I tried to re-order, the 50% coupon did NOT reapply.

[quote name='slidecage']I wrote in asking about the code problem and in return they said

dont know if i would pay them another year fees[/QUOTE]

You do not know if you are going to pay for a year fees? I joined a month ago and I have saved 20 already in the first month. That doesn't include the money I am going to save between now and christmas. 20 dollars is going to save me around 50 by January.

lol Amazon must've read my mind. Was gonna order ODST today b/c it's pay day and yeah they bumped it up $4 that's almost one 10% discount right there. Bummer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back