Free Everquest Download + 30 day trial

Downloading now, I sure hope I don't get automatically billed... This is free for 30 days, and that's all I need: for I've played Everquest games and was disappointed, oh well though, it's a huge download, but it's all good.

Guys, odds are that you'll be automatically billed after the first 30 days. I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to cancel, but you will need to do it.

It doesn't ask for credit card information. You don't even need a valid email address. Since its only for Station accounts that haven't had an EQ account before, and I have (its been a few years), I created a new Station account with a Hotmail address (since I figured they'd have to email me a code - nope) with a fake name. Logged in and played with no problem.

EQ sucks, BTW. Its 'fun' level is based on the lowest level of Pavlovian response: You spend hours/days/weeks/months/years bashing random collections of monsters, and occasionally you get a 'ding' (level up) for your reward. Its the same principle that causes people blow their entire paychecks sitting in front of a slot machine.

Haha, never heard it summarized like that. There's a social aspect, but once you are logging in just to see people you know from in game, you realize it's a glorified chatroom that costs you $13 a month. Screw that.

I still enjoy this game. I find that player v.s. player really keeps the game play fresh. They have 3 pvp servers I only play on one of them others are to tame. Rallos Zek is where I play. If you can manage to kill them you can loot them but same goes for you though *chuckles* I can tell you that playing like this is an experience unmatched. I was growing tired of the game so I thought I'd try pvp and I loved it. I'm going to bore you with a few stories of things that happened to me.

There was a Beastlord attacking people near the entrance he would send his pet bear to go kill people and the guards wouldn't react. I was sitting there hidden from view (Halfling Paladin) watching this happen so I decided I needed to do something about this so I waited till he sent the bear out and soon as it was clear I struck. First thing I did was blind him. Now if you get blinded your screen goes completely black. He bolted trying to get away but he got stuck running into a wall so I proceeded to blind and beat him down. Sure enough I got him everyone was laughing he being a 8 foot ogre and me barely 3 feet tall.

Just one instance of gameplay on there I really think people will enjoy it if given a chance and with this 30 day trial there is that oppurtunity. hehe also I'd be willing to get who ever decides give this a shot a magical weapon of some kind managed to gather a few decent ones. Let me know.

ris3n

*shakes head* no love for free Eq I'd been all over this if I wasn't paying for it already.

r1s3n

I'm not even going to bother. It takes all night for my computer to download Dragonball Z and Cowboy Bebop episodes, and those are less than 50 MB. It would probably take me some 50+ hours to download a 1.3 GB file.

I am downloading. I have time to kill over summer vacation. I didn't really enjoy this game when I was beta-testing for the ps2, but I'll try it again. Can't beat free.

[quote name='batman2million']u could get the game for $4.99 at best buy (for ps2) but i hardly think its worth it[/quote]

thats the crappy ps2 version, the pc one is as close to crack as you will get, and btw canceling an account is rather effortless once you've begun, the only problem is actually quitting the game.

This has to be one of the best marketing strageties ever, give people a 30 free try of everquest classic, when the platnium version comes out in about 11 days or so, get people hooked and then they buy the plat version (29.99) and play for a few more months/years.

bread's done
Back