Free faceplate with Ace Combat 6 preorder at EB/GS

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Same deal as the Eternal Sonata faceplates - one of four designs randomly chosen. This was news to me, and eliminates one of the selling points of the stick bundle (EDIT: Looks like the stick bundle from EB/GS will get you one of these faceplates PLUS the special one included in that package's box - I guess you could use one and ebay the other).

B200301Ab.jpg

Use coupon code SAVER for free shipping, or DIAMOND for $10 off a $75 purchase (although apparently the DIAMOND code does not work on the stick bundle - I used DIAMOND to get the game plus 2000 WiiPoints).

LINK (game only): http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B200301A
LINK (stick bundle): http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B200302A

Mods: I forget whether the eternal sonata thread was in deals or in the 360 forum, and I strangely wasn't having luck when searching for "sonata." Please move if necessary.

This should be the right place for it. It's where all the other preorder bonus threads (Including Eternal Sonata) have gone.

[quote name='ajh2298']Can anybody confirm if these are actual faceplates and not stickers that just go on yor faceplates?[/quote]

Well the site says "Faceplate," while Stranglehold's bonus says "Faceplate Skin."

those look awesome, but I don't really want the game on release.

And why do the faceplates always have to look retarded if you sit the machine horizontal? Just poorly designed, since the logo will be floating sideways in the middle if you keep your 360 sideways.. Anyway I'll try to get one of these on pre-order rather than purchase since so many people did with the eternal sonata ones.

Hopefully they'll remember this when I picked up my stick bundle, as I pre-ordered it back in August. I should end up with two faceplates, according to this, so we'll see what happens.

[quote name='shrike4242']Hopefully they'll remember this when I picked up my stick bundle, as I pre-ordered it back in August. I should end up with two faceplates, according to this, so we'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

If they're in the store right now, then just take your preorder slip and ask if you can get one. That's what I did when I reserved Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence and got the Metal Gear Saga disc. I reserved the game way early, showed them my preorder slip when the Saga discs came out, got the Saga disc, and then got the game on release day.

[quote name='Chuplayer']If they're in the store right now, then just take your preorder slip and ask if you can get one. That's what I did when I reserved Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence and got the Metal Gear Saga disc. I reserved the game way early, showed them my preorder slip when the Saga discs came out, got the Saga disc, and then got the game on release day.[/quote]They didn't have the ES faceplates until the game was in-stores, so I'd imagine that this would be the same case. I have to run in and pick up the 360 Orange Box this coming week, so I'll ask them then.

And this comes out after the TRU B2G1F? Damn.
Oh well. It's Ace Combat. I'm in for it. Now to decide whether or not to get the flight stick bundle...

I preordered the flight stick bundle at a B&M, but the guy didn't know anything about a faceplate. =[ Anyone else hear different at B&M?

I have never played an Ace Combat before. I tried the demo, and it was pretty sweet. I've never tried a flight sim before, but they sound fun and plus the movie Top Gun is the bomb. Worth a purchase?

[quote name='jer7583']And why do the faceplates always have to look retarded if you sit the machine horizontal? Just poorly designed[/QUOTE]
No... the faceplates, like the console itself, is designed to sit upright.

You CAN sit it on its side, if you like, but the entire concept behind the asthetic design of the Xbox 360 was a verticle one.

[quote name='PyroGamer']No... the faceplates, like the console itself, is designed to sit upright.

You CAN sit it on its side, if you like, but the entire concept behind the asthetic design of the Xbox 360 was a verticle one.[/QUOTE]

That's rather silly, as many/most people keep consoles horizontal in their entertainment centers. Still, I don't mind a sideways faceplate.

I keep mine horizontal because it makes more sense where I keep it and it has more room to exhaust heat, and also because it's less likely to get knocked over.

[quote name='jer7583']I keep mine horizontal because it makes more sense where I keep it and it has more room to exhaust heat, and also because it's less likely to get knocked over.[/quote]

I think it has more room for heat dissipation if it is vertical rather than horizontal because when it's vertical, the stand has less area than when it's on its horizontal base position.

from what I've noticed heat comes out of the sides when it's horizontal, because they're vented. Those top and bottom areas don't really allow much ventilation. I guess it works well either way, but horizontal fits in a lot of entertainment centers much better because that's how most TV devices are.

man, these random faceplates idea is driving me nuts. at least the graphics aren't as unique as the eternal sonata ones when you look at them. i'm such a collector... also, i agree about the vertical designs. they should do some horizontal ones

i preordered the flight stick bundle with the bonus offer. i had a preorder on amazon since it had no tax and free shipping but a free faceplate is better than nothing, even with the tax and shipping >.<

thanks for letting us know OP.

btw, i have mine on horizontal for a few reasons. i can put the disc in the tray without worrying about it falling out. and the heat doesn't all go up into the hard drive which have caused problems for some people that i knew who had their system standing up. my 360 never red ringed andit's been in the horizontal position the day i got it.

Yeah I also cancelled my Amazon preorder so I can preorder it at a local GS for the extra face plate. This way I get to play it sooner too. :D Also I'm guessing the LE face plate in the flight stick bundle will be different? No 10% GS cupons for this month? It would help considering how much money I will be spending (VF5+stick, Castlevania, FFT, more stuff I'm probably forgetting about...).

Uhhh... the faceplate links are dead now, and the bonus doesn't show up any longer on gamestop.com. Why would this be? The game isn't out yet.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Uhhh... the faceplate links are dead now, and the bonus doesn't show up any longer on gamestop.com. Why would this be? The game isn't out yet.[/quote]The games comes out on Tuesday/Wednesday, so I'm sure they've stopped accepting pre-orders, to make sure they have enough faceplates to satisfy demand.

So you get another faceplate as a bonus, including the one that's in the bundle? I preordered the bundle last week and complete forgot about the preorder bonus.

The Gamestop person better give me my bonus and not give me this excuse that the bonus is the one included in the bundle.

[quote name='derawk']The Gamestop person better give me my bonus and not give me this excuse that the bonus is the one included in the bundle.[/QUOTE]

They're all out to get you...

So i got the bundle last night at 9:00 PM PST at Game Crazy. They were the only one around in my area that had it, after calling numerous places. I called the place earlier around noon, but I didn't believe them because other places wouldn't put it out until Wed. 10/24. So I called again around 8 PM to see if they do have it. I went down there and to my surprise they did have it, so I went ahead and purchased the bundle.

I'm gonna see if Gamestop would give me the bonus since I have a preorder for the game, if not i'll just get my money back. I'm having fun with this game. The stick takes time to learn though.

Well I picked up the game today and GameStop has disappointed me yet again. I cancelled my tac free Amazon preorder simply because GameStop was supposed to be offer face plates for people who preordered the game. Of cours when I get there my face plate is no where to be found. First they tell me it's in the box, then I inform them that all LEs come with an extra LE face plate, but all preorders were supposed to come with another different face plate. Hell, I even asked the guy about it before I preordered the game. Then they tell me that they only got in 1 face plate even though there were 3 preorders for the game.

What pisses me off, other than the fact that namco clearly didn't ship enough face plates to cover preorders, is the fact that they gave away the only face plate when I was the only one there to spring $150 for the LE bundle. I am going to call their district manager tomorrow and if I can't get the extra faceplate then I am just going to order it off Amazon and return it to GS and save $15.

Also for some reason it seems that I got the Canadian version on the game, since half of the cover/manual is in French...

[quote name='SlaughterX']
Also for some reason it seems that I got the Canadian version on the game, since half of the cover/manual is in French...[/QUOTE]

Not alone there. My Ace Edge bundle has the bilingual box/manual too.

Same story here.. no faceplate for the pre-order (although they claim they'd call me when they received them). Wonder if I can get them to reimburst me for their claimed "value" of the faceplate ($20).. doubtful though.

Thanks Radioactive. Explains why my GS didn't have 'em in tonight when I picked up the game. Can I hit them up later for it?

Got my Ace Combat Bundle in today via UPS, and in the box was just the game bundle. There is a faceplate in the big game bundle box, but I thought we were supposed to get another one for preordering the game. Should I email GS about it?

[quote name='Coraanu']Faceplates are in, I got a Su-33. Guess I was the only guy to pre-order at my store for the flight stick. The 10% coupon should come in handy though.[/quote]Dang dang dang!! I picked up the bundle today and that would have been about $15 off. :wall:

Whoa. My store gave me all four, had no idea they'd be worth anything. But they are nice.

But I'm curious, on the back of the box, it says it includes an exclusive faceplate... it looks like an f15e, not the f15 that's one of the pre-order faceplates. I haven't opened the box yet (for my bro's birthday; our birthday is nov 9... I'm expecting gifts ;)). Can anyone tell me if this is *IN* the box?

edit: Looks like addicted just answered my question.

[quote name='addicted2games']Got my Ace Combat Bundle in today via UPS, and in the box was just the game bundle. There is a faceplate in the big game bundle box, but I thought we were supposed to get another one for preordering the game. Should I email GS about it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you should complain. I'd call rather than email. Just say you didn't get the preorder bonus faceplate you were promised.

no faceplate here either! the bundle has the standard faceplate but we should've gotten the preorder bonus. i'm gonna email them about this

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']some stores didn't get the face plates at all. We got an email saying they would be in a little while after the game came out.[/QUOTE]

No faceplates in Mission Hills, CA

btw, they stated in my online order that the bonus faceplate was shipped with my bundle and it's not here. what a bunch of BS to make people preorder it from their site and not have any.

[quote name='fuchikoma']Not alone there. My Ace Edge bundle has the bilingual box/manual too.[/quote]

My ace edge bundle is also bilingual. Did anyone actually get an english-only bundle?

I picked up mine locally and they had a pile of faceplates... I guess my store's the exception.

i saw a crapload of these at yet another gs today, i got offered one for making a preorder but took that castlevania guy instead. mistake?

Ok so I got a call back from GS yesterday and went in today and sur eenough they had my face plate all along. Their excuse was that they moved it when they were unpacking the games and couldn't find it, but I'm sure it had more to do with me calling corperate and complaining. For all the people that preordered theg ame and didn't get it I suggest you do the same.

bread's done
Back