Free Fallout 3 DLC for Playstation Plus subscribers (EU only as of now)

frankmackeyspam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I felt this deserved its' own thread, but nuke away if you disagree.

Details here:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/10/12/playstation-plus-update-12-october-2010/

13 October
Fallout 3: Point Lookout
Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta
Fallout 3: Operation: Anchorage

20 October
Fallout 3: Broken Steel
Fallout 3: The Pitt

$50 value right there. I hope they do the same thing for US PS+ subscribers.

I'm assuming that once you have the DLC you can cancel the Plus subscription and the DLC will continue to function, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

edit - IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Apparently nobody is sure whether or not the DLC will continue to function after your PS+ subscription runs out, so sign up at your own risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='frankmackeyspam']I'm assuming that once you have the DLC you can cancel the Plus subscription and the DLC will continue to function, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

Im not sure. I do know that with plus you get free games every now and then, and if you cancel your plus sub, the free games goes with it.

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']I'm assuming that once you have the DLC you can cancel the Plus subscription and the DLC will continue to function, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

It is my understand that ANYTHING downloaded with Playstation Plus (Free games, free avatars, free minis, free themes, dlc, discounted games/avatars/themes/DLC) will cease to function when the user is no longer a Playstation Plus member.

That being said, I hope this comes to the US. I got Fallout 3 for $10, so the DLC would be fantastic.

From what they've said, all DLC is yours to keep forever, whether you remain with PlayStation Plus or not. I have a feeling this won't be coming to the states, though.

[quote name='ryheeles']From what they've said, all DLC is yours to keep forever, whether you remain with PlayStation Plus or not. I have a feeling this won't be coming to the states, though.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost 100% sure that you can keep only the discounted DLC that you purchase. Anything that you download for free is tied to a Playstation Plus subscription.

[quote name='nnthomas']Ok... isnt there already a GOTY version for PS3?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'm sure there are a lot of people like myself that bought the original game when it was first released and have been waiting ages for the DLC to go on sale at a discounted price on PSN (which they have yet to do).

Does anyone even know what happens to the DLC when its over?! There is no expiration date besides it showing up on some Sony site, but I really wonder. The stuff you get to keep for people that don't know; Avatars, Themes, and discounted games. PS1 games still worked after the sub ended according to Joystiq though....not sure if thats fixed

[quote name='Diebythesword']Does anyone even know what happens to the DLC when its over?! There is no expiration date besides it showing up on some Sony site, but I really wonder. The stuff you get to keep for people that don't know; Avatars, Themes, and discounted games. PS1 games still worked after the sub ended according to Joystiq though....not sure if thats fixed[/QUOTE]

You keep anything you purchase as well. If you purchase something at a discount while you have your plus membership, then it's of course yours to keep after your sub expires.

There is a tiny chance that the deal in the OP comes to the USA. The EU and US haven't been on par with PSN+ releases yet.

This alone would make PS+ worth the investment. I signed up because add-ons were originally promised. I was hoping for a Killzone or MotorStorm pack but this is far better. Hope we end up getting it.

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']US Playstation store update is live on the official Playstation blog, and if I'm reading it right there are no new exclusives/discounts for PS+ subscribers this week? :wall:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/[/QUOTE]

Lame! If Sony does not pick up the PS+ content soon in the US I will not be renewing.

[quote name='sethrhf']According to the PSN Plus faq from IGN

http://psp.ign.com/articles/110/1109692p1.html

What about the free DLC? If my subscription lapses, do I get to keep my add-on content?

Add-on content will remain if the subscription lapses.[/QUOTE]

If this is true, and the DLC is free for US PSN+ users, I'll sign up for $18 for three months to download all the dlc.

[quote name='Brownjohn']If this is true, and the DLC is free for US PSN+ users, I'll sign up for $18 for three months to download all the dlc.[/QUOTE]

keep if you re-sub ;) But I don't think anyone really knows......Sony even said that DLC is yours to keep no matter what but now they are saying some other fuck, plus the DLC had an expiration date on some Sony site where it shows the stuff you bought but nowhere on the actual file, so I don't really understand how it can either stop working/just delete itself?.......Who here is near an ending of their subscription?

Wow, that'd be a serious reason to have a Plus subscription if it were in North America and I didn't already have the GOTY edition.

It's been stated on the official forums that any avatars, themes, DLC that are free are yours to keep, in addition to any items that you buy at a discounted price. Only free games that you download will become inactive until you re-up.

Another common piece of feedback is that you were unhappy with the lack of game add-on packs provided in the last PlayStation Plus update. In response, we have teamed up with Bethesda Softworks to make all of the Fallout 3 DLC available to Plus subscribers for free

Either Sony Europe is a pushover, or Europeans are much better at complaining than Americans. There are constant complaints about PS+ at the US Playstation blog, but we haven't gotten anything special, whereas Europe got Sam & Max Season 3 and the FO3 DLC. Time to step up the whining, people! ;)

[quote name='warreni']It's been stated on the official forums that any avatars, themes, DLC that are free are yours to keep, in addition to any items that you buy at a discounted price. Only free games that you download will become inactive until you re-up.[/QUOTE]

This is what I have read also, at no time did Sony ever say we get to keep everything just the stuff we paid for out of pocket and those themes/avatars. I just wonder that if in a year from now somebody can pay for a 3 month sub and has access to everything from the previous year. Now that would be one hell of a deal.

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']edit - IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Apparently nobody is sure whether or not the DLC will continue to function after your PS+ subscription runs out, so sign up at your own risk.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about Europe but in the US, free games and Qore you don't get to keep. DLC, avatars, wallpaper and sale priced items you can keep forever. If you don't believe me read the T&Cs. Don't tell me you would pay $50 without reading it...

[quote name='whotheheck']I'm not sure about Europe but in the US, free games and Qore you don't get to keep. DLC, avatars, wallpaper and sale priced items you can keep forever. If you don't believe me read the T&Cs. Don't tell me you would pay $50 without reading it...[/QUOTE]

The description for the PS+ subscription on the PS Store it says...

"Free games and add-ons are yours to keep and play the entire time you are a PlayStation Plus subscriber unless otherwise noted."

bread's done
Back