Free FFXI Beta for 360 owners

I am in windy lvling subjob for today and maybe tomorrow if anyone needs anything or a pearl.

I tagged 4 NMs this weekend and among items I got was the Pilgrams Wand. Very cool!

21WHM/7BLM

OK, so I finally tried playing this beta yesterday and must say so far it's not too bad I'm doing just leveling for now, where do I get money and quests you guys have any suggestions?

Read through this. We stated a couple of times how to get gil and stuff. Also you dont go anywhere to get money you have to earn gil. Sell like the crystals and all the items yu get from enemies at the Auction House. Remember to get the signit cast on you before you leave to fight. The guy will be by the exit gate his name is something T.K. Talk to him to get your signit.

My 360 should be coming today...in theory I should be able to play tonight. I dunno what my name is gonna be yet though.

Well Just formed my first party In Valkrum because I hate just waiting for invites. Got 2 JP and 4 EN to join in. a Couple of JP were stubborn to join (snobby bastards) anyway errr turned out pretty good despite having 2 newbies. lvl gap was no bigger than 14-15 which made for excellent EXP. Made a new JP PLD friend in the process so i'm happy ;). Anyway errr amazingly nobody died and got about 1 1/2 level in 1 hour. Took me a damn hour to form the party too lol

I got my 360 last night, first thing i did was install FFXI, been playing, its pretty good. Sucks that i couldnt use my current PS2/PC character, but ill get over it, im up to lvl 4 now.

Im Bezerker on the Hydra server if anyone wants to chat/power level me ;-).

[quote name='Santurio']I finally got this damn demo installed last night.....................and Idon't know what the hell I'm doing.[/QUOTE]

Haha, me too. I wandered around for half an hour and the only two times that I got to a someone to fight before someone else did, I died.

We need more ppl in the LS. I am used to a huge LS with lots of ppl to hang with and such. So send me a tell if your in the windy area and I can get you a pearl.

[quote name='Zoglog']Took me a damn hour to form the party too lol[/QUOTE]

Which is precisely why I stopped playing this on the PS2.
The playing : waiting ratio is far too balanced.

If this becomes available for download I may give it another shot.

[quote name='pinoy530']Haha, me too. I wandered around for half an hour and the only two times that I got to a someone to fight before someone else did, I died.[/QUOTE]

yeah I was poisoned by a little spider looking thing and I died as I ran away. Then I found myself just following other people that were running around like they knew what they were doing, when they noticed I was following them they would just stop and look at me. hahaha

So glad i'm past that posion part muhaha. I think i'm gonna have to goto bastok to lvl my sub since I hear Sandy is flooded with people.

It did take an hour to form but it ended up being a good party. But yes exactly why I quit lol And it gets worse at higher lvls. I assume it was high this time around since it was pretty late and it is just a beta

i am in windy city and i will probably be on tonight at 8 30 est time, i am only a level one still, i need help, i tried the tips, i either get killed fighting or take quest i cant figure out.

[quote name='BREVITY']We need more ppl in the LS. I am used to a huge LS with lots of ppl to hang with and such. So send me a tell if your in the windy area and I can get you a pearl.[/QUOTE]
I will be in windy city area tonight around 8 30 est, i would like to join the linkshell

[quote name='mtimisone']i am in windy city and i will probably be on tonight at 8 30 est time, i am only a level one still, i need help, i tried the tips, i either get killed fighting or take quest i cant figure out.[/QUOTE]

So you didnt try the tips? Stay close to your home castle. Dont go too far out since ypu'll die. Only fight the things that appear with maybe 200 yards away from the castle. If you go farther harder thing will be there and they will kill you. Always lock on the enemy and use the Check Function.

If you cat figure out some quests dont worry about it ATM and just move on to the next. I don't see what is so hard with get someone 3 rabbit hides or 2 vatwings.

[quote name='pimpinc333']So you didnt try the tips? Stay close to your home castle. Dont go too far out since ypu'll die. Only fight the things that appear with maybe 200 yards away from the castle. If you go farther harder thing will be there and they will kill you. Always lock on the enemy and use the Check Function.

If you cat figure out some quests dont worry about it ATM and just move on to the next. I don't see what is so hard with get someone 3 rabbit hides or 2 vatwings.[/QUOTE]
I havent seen a rabbit or a vat yet, and where is this quest, i try to stay close, but there is so many people only way i even see something to fight is if i go far out.

[quote name='mtimisone']I havent seen a rabbit or a vat yet, and where is this quest, i try to stay close, but there is so many people only way i even see something to fight is if i go far out.[/QUOTE]

You go far out, you die. Stay around the castle and fight whatever creatures all the other lower level people are trying to fight. It's annoying to compete with all the other people, yes, but you are not going to progress if you try and fight stuff further out.

[quote name='shipwreck']You go far out, you die. Stay around the castle and fight whatever creatures all the other lower level people are trying to fight. It's annoying to compete with all the other people, yes, but you are not going to progress if you try and fight stuff further out.[/QUOTE]
What do you mean castle, i go to windy woods, is that bad?

[quote name='mtimisone']What do you mean castle, i go to windy woods, is that bad?[/QUOTE]

I don't know anything about that area, but if you can't see the walls to Windhurst, you are too far away.

[quote name='shipwreck']I don't know anything about that area, but if you can't see the walls to Windhurst, you are too far away.[/QUOTE]
what area are you talking about?

[quote name='mtimisone']what area are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

I am in San D'Oria, one of the other starting towns. Just stay close to the town you started in. If you start to wonder, "Am I too far away", you are.

Having router problems which will hopefully be fixed soon but I got on. Name is Roxor. Hanging around Windurst right now with my Elvaan monk (level 7 right now).

I first started in San d'Oria until I saw how many people there were. No matter where you went in the noob areas you could see at least 8 people on your screen. Unless an enemy spawned on top of me I would've had no way to get experience. So I deleted my char and started over in Windy. Not as camped here thankfully though it's still crowded. I'd like to join the LS I don't think my luck with parties will be too great as a fucking monk ^_^

my advice? don't worry about quests too much. Quests in this game suck ;)

I usually go the other way around if I find a quest item I go on alahkazam and find out what it's for. Or specific quests for specific items or repeatable quests for fame and profit

[quote name='Zoglog']my advice? don't worry about quests too much. Quests in this game suck ;)

I usually go the other way around if I find a quest item I go on alahkazam and find out what it's for. Or specific quests for specific items or repeatable quests for fame and profit[/QUOTE]
Same I dont do all the quests. Right now in Sandy I am doing 3 repeatable quests. Bat Wings, Flint Stones, and the Rabbit Hide ones. I already have very high fame from doing these quests about 100-125 times each.

[quote name='Jeoff']I first started in San d'Oria until I saw how many people there were. No matter where you went in the noob areas you could see at least 8 people on your screen. Unless an enemy spawned on top of me I would've had no way to get experience. So I deleted my char and started over in Windy. Not as camped here thankfully though it's still crowded. I'd like to join the LS I don't think my luck with parties will be too great as a fucking monk ^_^[/QUOTE]

Yeah Sandy does seem really crowded, although I treked to Windy at level 9 and it wasn't much better there right around the gates. I guess Bastok has the lightest population on Hydra from what I've heard/read. Monks are great damage dealers in the dunes usually, but I've always heard they are expensive to maintain.

[quote name='mtimisone']what area are you talking about?[/quote]

I think Pimpinc333 was thinking you were in San d'Oria (that's where the bat wing/rabbit hide quest are). Windurst isn't a castle but don't wander too far from the gates, and always heck your enemies before attacking. Starting off you should be able to take on the following...

Tiny Mandragora
Bumblebee
Savannah Rarab
River Crab (outside the Port gate should be okay)
---
Crawler (watch out for poison)
Carrion Crow
---
Mandragora
Giant Bee

Watch out for Yagudo, and early you should be able to take on Goblin Weaver/Thug if they con low enough.

[quote name='edison']Yeah Sandy does seem really crowded, although I treked to Windy at level 9 and it wasn't much better there right around the gates. I guess Bastok has the lightest population on Hydra from what I've heard/read. Monks are great damage dealers in the dunes usually, but I've always heard they are expensive to maintain.

I think Pimpinc333 was thinking you were in San d'Oria (that's where the bat wing/rabbit hide quest are). Windurst isn't a castle but don't wander too far from the gates, and always heck your enemies before attacking. Starting off you should be able to take on the following...

Tiny Mandragora
Bumblebee
Savannah Rarab
River Crab (outside the Port gate should be okay)
---
Crawler (watch out for poison)
Carrion Crow
---
Mandragora
Giant Bee

Watch out for Yagudo, and early you should be able to take on Goblin Weaver/Thug if they con low enough.[/QUOTE]

No, I knew he wasn't in Sandy I was just giving him examples. Castle in Sandy = Vilage or Town in Windy. He should of got that. Also The Bat WIngs and such are the same as above, examples. There are repeatable quests where he is at. Last time I knew this is called the internet so he can read all the info we already posted and maybe do a search. I'm kinda getting tired of all the noobs lately. :) They steal all my Mobs. Damn Them! :) Yes i'm a little bitter today, Not to edison though to Metaminicncicici or whatever dudes name was.

Wow I bet they wanted this to happen.

I liked the beta so much I went out and bought the PC version. So now when the 360 version comes out I will hopefully be able to use my PC character on my 360.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']Wow I bet they wanted this to happen.

I liked the beta so much I went out and bought the PC version. So now when the 360 version comes out I will hopefully be able to use my PC character on my 360.[/QUOTE]

Idon't think that is possible but maybe.

Zewone and Myself are going to do the Mission 1-3 in Sandy tonight. It's the Save the Children from the Orc's up at the outpost. If anyone is on that mission meet up with us tonight so we can get it done.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Zewone and Myself are going to do the Mission 1-3 in Sandy tonight. It's the Save the Children from the Orc's up at the outpost. If anyone is on that mission meet up with us tonight so we can get it done.[/QUOTE]

I would like to go I should be home by 6pm Central, what time are you thinking? What level(s) are you now?

Leveled up to lv 3 last night, but i have some questions, Where is the magic house in windy and how do i sell stuff at the auction house

why not just lvl up to 25.... isn't that the lvl cap for the dragon fight?

Lvling went smoothly last night, got up to lvl 18 from 15 in a couple of hours. Too bad I goto Sandy and things are too damn expensive and I don't have time to farm for gil. Retarded...

[quote name='edison']I would like to go I should be home by 6pm Central, what time are you thinking? What level(s) are you now?[/QUOTE]
Im level 12 going on 13 and Zew is 13. You dont have to be in a certain level range but I won't be responsible if you die :) We should be on by like 7-7:30 pm EST. or we can do it a little later. No work for tomorrow means i'll be playing more tonight. Also Shipwreck the Bat Mission is pretty simple maybe I can help you through it if the other guys want to wait so you can do this mission with us. More CAG's the better.

[quote name='mtimisone']i can find a complete map of windy, and how do i sell stuff at the ah?[/QUOTE]

All the maps are here: http://ffxi.stratics.com/content/maps/windurstmaps.php

Just talk to the auction counter like you would any other non-playable character to sell stuff.

pimpinc333, if I can possibly get home a little early today, I might be able to do that bat mission with you before save the children.

http://www.gaming-360.com/?p=216

Square Enix today announced that Final Fantasy XI for the Xbox 360 will ship in North America on April 18th and on April 20th in Japan and Europe, alongside the release of the expansion pack for the PC version of Final Fantasy XI, ‘Treasures of Aht Urhgan’. Although the retail price is still to be determined.

Final Fantasy XI for the Xbox 360 will include all 3 expansions pack including ‘Treasures of Aht Urhgan’ and will require Xbox 360 owner’s to have a hard drive aswell as a Xbox Live Account either Gold or Silver.

No word on when the Xbox 360 beta will finish or wether we will be able to transfer characters from the beta to the final version, hopefully Square Enix will let us know shortly, but if i hear correctly Square Enix did allow PlayStation 2 user’s to transfer there beta characters over to the final version.

should give you an idea of when beta might end

[quote name='shipwreck']All the maps are here: http://ffxi.stratics.com/content/maps/windurstmaps.php

Just talk to the auction counter like you would any other non-playable character to sell stuff.

pimpinc333, if I can possibly get home a little early today, I might be able to do that bat mission with you before save the children.[/QUOTE]
Thank you, i am learning, i leveled up to 3, and have some stuff now

[quote name='shipwreck']All the maps are here: http://ffxi.stratics.com/content/maps/windurstmaps.php

pimpinc333, if I can possibly get home a little early today, I might be able to do that bat mission with you before save the children.[/QUOTE]
Yea dude I am home now. I took a very early shift today. I could be playing in a little bit. I'll PM ya when im ready or message you if your on Live!.

Well, I fell asleep since my last post. I'm just gonna play later tonight at like 10pm est. I'm still up for the Save the Children quest though so be on if your in also.

Ok it seems Zewone and Myself are gearing up for the Save the Children Mission at about 11PM EST tonight. I saw Shipwreck and Jiran doing the bat mission earlier so if you guys wanna jump on and do this quest please do so. It should be pretty easy with the 4 of us. See ya guys there.

bread's done
Back