Free FFXI Beta for 360 owners

Ok I don't have the time to play FFXI anymore but I have 100K and I don't want it to just sit in my Mog House.

So I am starting a contest. Persuade me why you should have my 100K. Just Quote this Post and tell me why you should have my gil. Winner will be selected Sunday night 1/29/06. I will mail my gil to whomever has the best persuasion. (I may start a new topic for this contest.)

[quote name='spoo']Ok I don't have the time to play FFXI anymore but I have 100K and I don't want it to just sit in my Mog House.

So I am starting a contest. Persuade me why you should have my 100K. Just Quote this Post and tell me why you should have my gil. Winner will be selected Sunday night 1/29/06. I will mail my gil to whomever has the best persuasion. (I may start a new topic for this contest.)[/QUOTE]

I Should have the pleasure of Obtaining your hard earned gil for this reason alone. I Wouldn't feel right winning 100K gil and have no one else win any. If I won I would split it with the CAG's whom play now. Everyone will get a certain amount and no one will be left out. Thats why I persuade you to choose me for this awesome reward. It wouldn't be "Me" winning it, it would be "Us". Thanks for the cool contest Spoo.

I wish I had 100k, what lvl are you? I have not taken the time to farm or camp NMs yet (For money). I have just been lvling as fast as I can. If I had the money I would hord it all to my self buying spells and much needed equipments, that way I wouldnt have to stop lvling and farm or quest. lol

In about an hour I am going to start searching for subjob quest items. If anyone wants to join up with me add me to your friends list (Username: Jdreborn) or add my gamertag (JDreborn). I have no keyboard so its a pain in the butt to add friends. Oh yeah... I'm a level 18 warrior.

[quote name='spoo']Ok I don't have the time to play FFXI anymore but I have 100K and I don't want it to just sit in my Mog House.

So I am starting a contest. Persuade me why you should have my 100K. Just Quote this Post and tell me why you should have my gil. Winner will be selected Sunday night 1/29/06. I will mail my gil to whomever has the best persuasion. (I may start a new topic for this contest.)[/QUOTE]

I should have it because I'm all alone in Bastok. Seems like all CAGs chose Wind and San as starting points. Need all the help I can get. Plus, I'm human. :D

I would split it with the rest of the CAG Linkshell.

just got to jeuno, it's empty as hell o_O... which is a total contrast from the other cities and also other servers. Also the AH is pretty grimm.

[quote name='Zoglog']just got to jeuno, it's empty as hell o_O... which is a total contrast from the other cities and also other servers. Also the AH is pretty grimm.[/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks. It really doesn't suprise me all that much since level 20 players think West Ron is still a good place to level. :)

So many newbies, and they dont know where to lvl. Not to mention ive seen some of the worst character combinations. A Galka WHM, a Taru WAR, jeeez, cmon now. Ppl really should read the guide that came in the magazine, its really annoying when your in a party with someone and they keep talking to you using the /t rather than /p or setting your default chat to "party".

Im lvl 9 right now, im just hoping to get to lvl 11 asap so i can head to the Valkurn Dunes and do some mass lvling (in ps2/pc version i got from 11-18 in about 5 hours at the Dunes. If you have the conquest points, i recommend the Empress Band, that extra 1k exp every 16 hours does help.

[quote name='Bezerker']So many newbies, and they dont know where to lvl. Not to mention ive seen some of the worst character combinations. A Galka WHM, a Taru WAR, jeeez, cmon now. Ppl really should read the guide that came in the magazine, its really annoying when your in a party with someone and they keep talking to you using the /t rather than /p or setting your default chat to "party".

Im lvl 9 right now, im just hoping to get to lvl 11 asap so i can head to the Valkurn Dunes and do some mass lvling (in ps2/pc version i got from 11-18 in about 5 hours at the Dunes. If you have the conquest points, i recommend the Empress Band, that extra 1k exp every 16 hours does help.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Zewone, Roxor, and Myself on Friday were ting to get a party together in the dunes. Bad experience I have ever had there. We went through about 3-4 Warriors and none knew what they were doing. I told the party I was going to pull something and I would brb. I shot my arrow at a Gob and started to run back when i noticed my Warrior Newb was standng next to me. I'm like hmmm werid. SoI start running back to camp when he vokes the creature. We were pretty far away from camo so he ultimatly died for being and idiot then he got booted from the party. Funny Stuff.

[quote name='Bezerker']So many newbies, and they dont know where to lvl. Not to mention ive seen some of the worst character combinations. A Galka WHM, a Taru WAR, jeeez, cmon now. Ppl really should read the guide that came in the magazine, its really annoying when your in a party with someone and they keep talking to you using the /t rather than /p or setting your default chat to "party".

Im lvl 9 right now, im just hoping to get to lvl 11 asap so i can head to the Valkurn Dunes and do some mass lvling (in ps2/pc version i got from 11-18 in about 5 hours at the Dunes. If you have the conquest points, i recommend the Empress Band, that extra 1k exp every 16 hours does help.[/QUOTE]
I have to agree with you on the fact that newbs don't know what they're doing, but the again that's why they're newbs. I myself am one, a major one, and have never played these kind of games before. Would I like to?.......yes. Will I ever? Probably not because of players like yourself that won't give us a helping hand, I really don't know if you do or not, but instead of getting upset that we have a horrible combo-character why not inform us as to what would be a good idea?

I know I should read the maual or guide...............but who reads those anyways? I just felt like ranting for a bit, nothing personal, but this game seems like fun but I don't think I will ever know for myself.

[quote name='Santurio']I have to agree with you on the fact that newbs don't know what they're doing, but the again that's why they're newbs. I myself am one, a major one, and have never played these kind of games before. Would I like to?.......yes. Will I ever? Probably not because of players like yourself that won't give us a helping hand, I really don't know if you do or not, but instead of getting upset that we have a horrible combo-character why not inform us as to what would be a good idea?

I know I should read the maual or guide...............but who reads those anyways? I just felt like ranting for a bit, nothing personal, but this game seems like fun but I don't think I will ever know for myself.[/QUOTE]

True. When I played for the PS2 a lot of players talked shit that I was a NIN/THF. I didn't wanna be a tank so that why I didnt wanna go with the WAR Sub. I really don't think people should care what another player wants or chooses to be.

Everyone was a newb at one time or another. You don't have to put up with dumbasses who aren't trying to learn the game, but those who are could use your advice.

I'm not really mad at the level of new people (I was one once also). It just seems that there isn't enough monster spawn to satisfy the need. I hit 10 and decided to go to Ghelsba Outpost and it wasn't any better than Ronfaure as soon as an Orc would spawn there were at least 3-5 people attacking it.

Santurio get a hold of someone online and get a Linkpearl (if you don't already have one). The linkshell is a great place to ask a question, especially online when it pops into your head. When ever your online just type in /sea all replacing with the player your looking for, then you have the option of sending them a ell which is a private message. Currently you should be able to get a linkpearl from any of the following players...

Cyrril
Brevity
Shipwreck
Jiran

Sorry if I missed anyone, I know the other night they're were at least 8 players currently on the shell.

I got a nice kick out of the newbies today, there was a Notorious monster spawned in East Ronafure, i was luring in the newbies like crazy to come and fight it, the thing must have killed at least 15 of em. Good times, good times.

[quote name='Bezerker']I got a nice kick out of the newbies today, there was a Notorious monster spawned in East Ronafure, i was luring in the newbies like crazy to come and fight it, the thing must have killed at least 15 of em. Good times, good times.[/QUOTE]

It was SwamFish right? Zewone and Myself were watching about 22 people get murdered by that thing. It was sooo good. It was chasing a dude and they guy was out running it, I was following it and I told the guy to stop running since I was gonna voke it. I had other plans in mind though. The guy stopped running and I let Swamfish tear the guy up. Why? you ask. I'm a THF for one so I have no voke and it was just more fun that way. Good Stuff.

3 more hours before this contest ends. I will send the winner the gil late tonight or Monday afternoon. GL all.

[quote name='pimpinc333']It was SwamFish right? Zewone and Myself were watching about 22 people get murdered by that thing. It was sooo good. It was chasing a dude and they guy was out running it, I was following it and I told the guy to stop running since I was gonna voke it. I had other plans in mind though. The guy stopped running and I let Swamfish tear the guy up. Why? you ask. I'm a THF for one so I have no voke and it was just more fun that way. Good Stuff.[/QUOTE]
It was better when I followed it as it tracked those guys that were hiding in the forest healing and I was giving you the play by play.

[quote name='spoo']3 more hours before this contest ends. I will send the winner the gil late tonight or Monday afternoon. GL all.[/QUOTE]
Add this to my entry: I'm getting a Miller High Life tattoo.

I dont really need 100k, 20k would be enough for me, i just need something to get some decent equipment. Economy sucks in Sandoria. A stack of 12 fire crystals only gets 300gil while on the PC/PS2 phoenix server it gets around 1,200-1,500. I can barely afford a helmet as it is. My poor Galka kids are complaining because we cant afford to eat gourmet Taru-sushi anymore, we're reduced to using the imitation crap made from Pugil/Sheep Meat. I cant tell them that daddy gambled all his money away to the ppl by the Auction House who offer 2-3x your bets for /random rolls, they'd be so ashamed.

i started playing the FFXI beta the other day. i go by 'poopyface' in the game and you can usually find me on the Eastside of Windhurst. Give a shout-out if you see me ^_^

[quote name='spoo']3 more hours before this contest ends. I will send the winner the gil late tonight or Monday afternoon. GL all.[/QUOTE]
I want it cus I am higher lvl now and there is not a chance I will waste it. I will use it to buy all my BLM WHM spells and some armor since I am still wearing lvl 1 stuff on my 22BLM 21WHM.

Ok guys we all need money and we all want to do new stuff in the game, so I am putting in a call for a LS BCNM20. I would be up for doing any of them. Or we can go team camp any NM w/in our range.

So far I have killed Spini, tip top tommy, nany..., and that rarab in East sara. Didnt get nothing but the hair deal for +2 CHR and the pilgrams wand.
I went to Gideos yesterday and noone was camping the NM for the wand or any others there. In fact it might not be worth camping them cus noone would buy the items maybe. I dont know but its a thought.

So who is up for a BCNM or just team camping NMs?

Grats Pimp!
Now forward me my cut!! I is poooR! lol
If you want to keep it all to yourself I guess that would be ok too.

Thanks Spo0

I was hoping Pimpinc333 would win this. And not just so I would get a cut of the money. :) He's really been extremely helpful getting some of us noobs caught up to speed.

Any of the higher levels wanna help Zewone and myself get the 3 subjob items later tonight? I need the Skull and fly while Zew needs them all. It would be greatly apprecaited if you guys could help a brother out lol. We should be on by like 8 pm est. Thanks.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Any of the higher levels wanna help Zewone and myself get the 3 subjob items later tonight? I need the Skull and fly while Zew needs them all. It would be greatly apprecaited if you guys could help a brother out lol. We should be on by like 8 pm est. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Make that 8:30 - 8:45 pm est for me.

K so I take a gander at the OXM today and I actually read the FFXI article and all I have to say to anyone new? DONT READ THAT PIECE OF CRAP. here's directly from it

And if you've got too many tanks and not enough healers, maybe it's wise to stand back from the action and use your healing abilities as a support white mage rather than as your main-job warrior

Not only would I not invite a WAR/WHM to the party.... making them on healer duty with the 1/2 lvl subjob is just retarded...

And that's not all they talk about chobos and airships as if they're readily available.....

Oh yeah and I just luv the "ghost face killaz" title on the TCGR article.... real cool...

Granted this mag isn't as bad as gamepro but .... yeah..

I am on level 6 now, gil is so hard to get in this game, i sell stuff, doesnt seem like i am making much from that, i do a quest but it only gets me 250 gil, that takes me two days to do, anybody have any tips? Also i will be on around 7 tonight, i am in windy, anybody want to do a party?

[quote name='mtimisone']I am on level 6 now, gil is so hard to get in this game, i sell stuff, doesnt seem like i am making much from that, i do a quest but it only gets me 250 gil, that takes me two days to do, anybody have any tips? Also i will be on around 7 tonight, i am in windy, anybody want to do a party?[/QUOTE]

Are you selling crystals? Granted since there are a bunch of new people the crystals don't sell for what they would on a normal server, but some are still valued. If your not using them for synths, then put up stacks of 12 on the AH. I'm not sure off the top of my head but try to find Windy's repeatable quest and do them over, and over.

Once your able to take on Yagudo, and Goblins (comfortably) kill as many as possible since they also drop gil after every kill. Usually thier drops will sell pretty well to. If anything drops that you don't regonize always check http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/search.html and look up the item, a lot of times they will be for quest you may have not started.

[quote name='Zoglog']K so I take a gander at the OXM today and I actually read the FFXI article and all I have to say to anyone new? DONT READ THAT PIECE OF CRAP. here's directly from it

Not only would I not invite a WAR/WHM to the party.... making them on healer duty with the 1/2 lvl subjob is just retarded...

And that's not all they talk about chobos and airships as if they're readily available.....

Oh yeah and I just luv the "ghost face killaz" title on the TCGR article.... real cool...

Granted this mag isn't as bad as gamepro but .... yeah..[/QUOTE]

Maybe they should've told ppl to be a Galka WHM or Taru War, lol.. Ive seen a few War/WHM's, i guess its okay for soloing, but i wouldnt rely on one as a healer for a party.

[quote name='Bezerker']Maybe they should've told ppl to be a Galka WHM or Taru War, lol.. Ive seen a few War/WHM's, i guess its okay for soloing, but i wouldnt rely on one as a healer for a party.[/QUOTE]

Honestly there is nothing wrong with a taru war or Galka WHM as long as the player has the appropriate gear. like astral rings/serket rings for the galka.

and yeah I got to lvl 24, but only barely. haven't gotten kazahm keys yet.

Didn't get any items last night. The Damslflies didn't drop shit and we fought about 30 of them. If you guys wanna help tonight that would be cool. I did level to 19. Same with Zew. All help would be great since I want my sub job.

Also Bukk what Sub would work yhe best with THF? I did MNK last time I played on PS2 but might go with a different direction. Your advice would be appreicated. Thanks.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Didn't get any items last night. The Damslflies didn't drop shit and we fought about 30 of them. If you guys wanna help tonight that would be cool. I did level to 19. Same with Zew. All help would be great since I want my sub job.

Also Bukk what Sub would work yhe best with THF? I did MNK last time I played on PS2 but might go with a different direction. Your advice would be appreicated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I personally prefer NIN sub for Thf. I enjoy Dual wield and having ninjitsu like Utsemi for pulling.

I'm doing war for now until I get NIN job. Mnk is also a good alternative but I prefer war since I can use voke in case it's only a tank and I for backup. There are tons of crappy tanks that can't seem to do a simple job of provoking every 30 seconds.... Likewise some MAges can't stop overnuking....

Those are pretty much the most viable subs for thf. I will try to see if I can help you guys tonite, my lvl is a bit too low though so I'm not sure i'f i'll draw aggro from the other things. for the skull. Just a note Treasure hunter does not work for Rare Items (which the skull is) so it will most likely take a long ass time. I'm talking hours. I still have to get the kahzam keys myself.

[quote name='Zoglog']I personally prefer NIN sub for Thf. I enjoy Dual wield and having ninjitsu like Utsemi for pulling.

I'm doing war for now until I get NIN job. Mnk is also a good alternative but I prefer war since I can use voke in case it's only a tank and I for backup. There are tons of crappy tanks that can't seem to do a simple job of provoking every 30 seconds.... Likewise some MAges can't stop overnuking....

Those are pretty much the most viable subs for thf. I will try to see if I can help you guys tonite, my lvl is a bit too low though so I'm not sure i'f i'll draw aggro from the other things. for the skull. Just a note Treasure hunter does not work for Rare Items (which the skull is) so it will most likely take a long ass time. I'm talking hours. I still have to get the kahzam keys myself.[/QUOTE]

Yea I wasnt gonna use the sub forever. I was thinking about other THF combos.
THF/RNG
THF/NIN

-OR-

RNG/THF
NIN/THF

I dunno just yet but I have my mind set on getting NIN and RNG back again.

rng is good for hunting NMs

RNG/thf is also good for hunting NMs

RNG/Nin is best for parties.

NIN/Thf is honestly crappy since NIN's should primarily tank since they sure as hell arent damage dealers. For Soloing NIN/Thf of course will be ok. However a Nin/Thf would be almost like a WHM/BLM wanting to nuke instead of heal.

Here's my current path

lvl 15 war for the sub to get me up to lvl 30.

Then I can get the nin sub, Having already lvled up war that sub will be readily available.

One thing I am worried about is the availablity of shihei for utsemi since economy and crafting is iffy....

Zewone and myself got all the items needed. Since the skulls drops were hard to come by when we got them I booted the other people who needed it out of the party. I know its a pretty Dickhead move but we went through 4 days with no drops and was getting annoyed. We fought 4ghouls with no drops then the last 3 we fought we got 3 drops. Once for Zewone, Shadema, and Myself. SO Zewone and myself have our subjobs and all Shadema needs now is the worm. We also hit 20 last night so its time for me to head to jeuno today. Wish me luck.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Zewone and myself got all the items needed. Since the skulls drops were hard to come by when we got them I booted the other people who needed it out of the party. I know its a pretty Dickhead move but we went through 4 days with no drops and was getting annoyed. We fought 4ghouls with no drops then the last 3 we fought we got 3 drops. Once for Zewone, Shadema, and Myself. SO Zewone and myself have our subjobs and all Shadema needs now is the worm. We also hit 20 last night so its time for me to head to jeuno today. Wish me luck.[/QUOTE]

how kind of you to shaft over other people.

[quote name='Zoglog']how kind of you to shaft over other people.[/QUOTE]

Meh. It was only 1 person. They should have saw it coming. :)

bread's done
Back