Free FFXI Beta for 360 owners

[quote name='Zoglog']still........... that's just messed up
mustve pissed that guy off =p

So, when you gonna split the gil ;)?[/QUOTE]
Still figuring out what everyone's needs and wants are.

Jiran - 5K or Bronze Bed
Brevity - Spells

I have no idea what the other guys want. Post how much you would like or want so I know what im looking at here.

heh I think splitting even would be fair, but if possible 15k for spike necklace, but if there's not enough to go around 10k for another beetle earing and dex rings

Not sure if even would be fair. Only because everyone campaigned to get this money to spend on themselves. I on the other hand said I'd give some away. If anyone else won it I doubt anyone else would have seen any of the gil. So please keep this in mind as I should be sending out te gil tonight. Also please I would only like to give it out to the players whom play the most. Here are the people whom I see on a lot.

Zog - Bukk
Brevity
Zewone
Jiran

Anyone else please chime in. Also this is gonna be CAG only since I know we have some non CAG linkshell members.

Well if we keep it to those and yourself that all divides by 20 reall well.
20k per ^_^;

I am joking... no really... hehe

Edit I nearly forgot but we could use the money for Mog house invintory upgrade items that we each use then sale at the end. Just an idea.

[quote name='BREVITY']Well if we keep it to those and yourself that all divides by 20 reall well.
20k per ^_^;

I am joking... no really... hehe

Edit I nearly forgot but we could use the money for Mog house invintory upgrade items that we each use then sale at the end. Just an idea.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm what items do we need? When I did it I thought I lost them items.

I'd like at least a little gil. I'm planning on playing some this weekend. I just haven't had time to get on the past few days.

I'd like to do the gobbiebag quests but I think at this point it'd cost over 40k lol. Since periodot seems to be out and I think it's 9k at Bastok? I wonder if anyone has even done it. I think something in the range of 5-10k per person that plays regularly would be fair and of course those who post here who can't make it except the weekends. That way you can still keep the bulk of it since it couldnt be more than 8 people.

but yeah for sure BCNMs would be good. I'm hoping we can pull off BCNM 30's in giddius. Those yield some really costly things like erase and dispel and the sort. But yeah a bronze bed would be good to pass around the LS.

^ALright sounds good. I'll be headed to Jeuno in 20-30 mins to get my Choco License. If anyone is willing to help me get there safe it would be greatly appreciated. Post here or send me a Tell in 30. Thanks.

So how does one go about getting added to the linkshell, i put my name and info in that topic, but havent heard anything back...

I'm not sure where you are. Im in Sandy and if your there also just send me a tell. My name is Cyrril. If your in Windy I might travel there tonight. So just be on or just send me a tell whenever.

Im in San D' Oria South right now, my game name is bezerker, just tried to PM "Cyrril" but it says the recepient is offline or changing areas...

The 360 beta is all on the "hydra" server, right?

Also if anyone plans on actually buying the game or continuing after the beta it might be worth it to aquire some rare low lvl items if you see them on the AH like leaping boots and from waht I saw especially the rabbit charm. Somone sold the RAbbit charm for 20k. When I played a year ago it was already worth 2 million gil. Nowdays who knows how much D:!

And can't really play now. At work lol

and as for running to jeuno it should be easy for you since you're a rdm. Just use sneak and go the Bastok --> konschat --> pashlow --> rolanberry.

Only things that can aggro you with sneak are goblins and mad fox. It should be quite simple for you.

[quote name='Zoglog']Also if anyone plans on actually buying the game or continuing after the beta it might be worth it to aquire some rare low lvl items if you see them on the AH like leaping boots and from waht I saw especially the rabbit charm. Somone sold the RAbbit charm for 20k. When I played a year ago it was already worth 2 million gil. Nowdays who knows how much D:!

And can't really play now. At work lol

and as for running to jeuno it should be easy for you since you're a rdm. Just use sneak and go the Bastok --> konschat --> pashlow --> rolanberry.

Only things that can aggro you with sneak are goblins and mad fox. It should be quite simple for you.[/QUOTE]

Thats Zew. Im a 20THF/10WAR. Imgonna try it anyways to see if I can make it. Im gonna go through the Jungar Forest.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Thats Zew. Im a 20THF/10WAR. Imgonna try it anyways to see if I can make it. Im gonna go through the Jungar Forest.[/QUOTE]

in that case I think you should join Zew for safteys sake, dont want to lose exp. Or u could just change to a lvl 1 job. I did that and made it once. I figure when you get to pashlow if you aggro ur dead anyway

[quote name='pimpinc333']Not sure if even would be fair. Only because everyone campaigned to get this money to spend on themselves. I on the other hand said I'd give some away. If anyone else won it I doubt anyone else would have seen any of the gil. So please keep this in mind as I should be sending out te gil tonight. Also please I would only like to give it out to the players whom play the most. Here are the people whom I see on a lot.

Zog - Bukk
Brevity
Zewone
Jiran

Anyone else please chime in. Also this is gonna be CAG only since I know we have some non CAG linkshell members.[/QUOTE]

I want to get into the linkshell, i am up to level 8 now. How much for level 8 axe?

[quote name='mtimisone']I want to get into the linkshell, i am up to level 8 now. How much for level 8 axe?[/QUOTE]

What the hell was this just about? Sorry bro I just about have alll the gil decided on where its going.

[quote name='pimpinc333']What the hell was this just about? Sorry bro I just about have alll the gil decided on where its going.[/QUOTE]
I was just saying, i want to be in the linkshell and how much will i have to pay for a level 8 axe

[quote name='mtimisone']I was just saying, i want to be in the linkshell and how much will i have to pay for a level 8 axe[/QUOTE]
Ummm I am not a shop keeper nor the Auction House. Check there.

Ok Check your Delivery Boxes guys I sent out gil to ya. Its free gil so don't be upset if I didnt send you enough or what not. Enjoy it. Also If you feel that I accidentally forgot about you and didnt send you anything please post here and state your reason. Thanks.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Ok Check your Delivery Boxes guys I sent out gil to ya. Its free gil so don't be upset if I didnt send you enough or what not. Enjoy it. Also If you feel that I accidentally forgot about you and didnt send you anything please post here and state your reason. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, that'll be a good way to start the weekend then. Unless you didn't send me any, then I will be forced to buy spells that my character can't use with my own hard-earned gil.

Ok for those like Buk and others. I think this weekend would be a good time to do some missions and maybe even BCNM20s. If you didnt know Drain/Warp are among the items dropped at these BCNMs and I need them both since I havent taken the time to do the quests.

So... as soon as I hit 25 WHM and I guess 25 BLM. Which might just be tonight (I will be playing all night again). I will be ready. 25 BLM for a test in time and 25 WHM for Castle Oz. Once those are done we can all go and quickly go and kill the dragon. I bet it will not be hard finding members to help w/that if we promis to help them w/their dragon and lots of ppl might just want to see a dragon.

Ok so I will be on all night unless something comes up so those near my lvl 23whm/24blm. Should try to be in Jueno tonight if you want to party for xp.

Buk I can sneak/invis you for the Lipus mission.

ah I finished the coral mission last nite. so i'm almost good and ready to go for the dragon. I have pld friend who can help if we dont have enough ppl ready in the LS

[quote name='Zoglog']ah I finished the coral mission last nite. so i'm almost good and ready to go for the dragon. I have pld friend who can help if we dont have enough ppl ready in the LS[/QUOTE]
Sweet Im tring to get this Dragon Mission done.

Ok here it is about the LinkShell. I want more people so I'm not holding it to Cag's only anymore. I would Like to get good, experienced, non-dicked players in the Clan. Brev, Zew, Shipwreck, and Myself already have LinkSacks so hand out to people. I'll make Bukk a LinkSack Carrier also. Like I said lets invite only the experienced ( Hopefully already have there subjob ) Players. I'm pretty sure Bukk and Brev have some people in mind that they want to invite now so lets do it. We have about 6 LS players on the majority of the time. Lets shoot to add about 10 more. I just dont want it overcrowded. Also I do reserve the right to kick anyone we invite into the LS. I most likely won't unless they are douche bags. Thanks Guys!

The Xbox 360 Beta

In addition to the February version update content being implemented across all platforms, Xbox 360 Beta users will be receiving a specific Xbox 360-related update.
-The user interface will be increased in scale by approximately 20% to compensate for small characters on some HDTV displays. Standard TV displays will not be affected.

-It will now be possible to enter numbers from the numeric keypad when using a USB keyboard. This change will not affect game controls that already utilize the numeric keypad.
The Hydra world is the stage for the Xbox 360 Beta and is currently home to many thousands of players from Japan, North America, and Europe. With the number of simultaneous logins exceeding the public worlds, the strong North American and European presence can be seen in the peak login time that begins in Japan's morning and stretches into the afternoon.

As was previously announced, the sale and official commencement of service for the Xbox 360 version of FINAL FANTASY XI will coincide with the release date of the upcoming expansion disc, Treasures of Aht Urhgan. All three expansion discs-Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, and Treasures of Aht Urhgan-will be included in the release version of FINAL FANTASY XI for the Xbox 360.

As the date for official service looms nearer, the development team is looking into the possibility of transferring character data to the public servers for all players currently enjoying the Xbox 360 Beta. As the beta testing continues, however, technical issues may arise that could prevent such a transfer. We will be sure to bring you updates on this matter as soon as they are available.

We would like to remind players that it is possible to make an Xbox 360 Beta character using an existing PlayOnline account for Windows or the PlayStation 2. A FINAL FANTASY XI character made with a PlayOnline Beta account for the Xbox 360 cannot be transferred to an existing account on a different platform.

FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team (02/02/2006)

Wow it truely sound like we will get to keep our characters. Buk has said it many times but I will say it again. GET THOSE RARE ITEMS NOW.

I have went to camp several NMs and been the only one there. This is great. Doing what you can now will only make life better both now and later.

I would love to add some quality old school members. Ppl that can lvl fast and know all their is to know. I have turned down loads of ppl do to them being stupid and I hate to say it but "new" and while I dont mind helping some ppl; I dont want to waste all our time telling ppl everything there is to know about everything.
My last two LSs were so large you never logged in w/o there being many ppl on at the same time. You never had trouble finding someone to Plvl a subjob or go do NM runs or something I would like that again.

"-The user interface will be increased in scale by approximately 20% to compensate for small characters on some HDTV displays. Standard TV displays will not be affected."

That better be damn optional. I can read text fine............. I don't want it to become like the crappy PS2 version where the interface takes up more than half the screen.

[quote name='Zoglog']"-The user interface will be increased in scale by approximately 20% to compensate for small characters on some HDTV displays. Standard TV displays will not be affected."

That better be damn optional. I can read text fine............. I don't want it to become like the crappy PS2 version where the interface takes up more than half the screen.[/QUOTE]

I'm happy about this, that's my only complaint with the 360 version. I don't really need the whole interface to increased though, just the font size would be fine.

gonna be hard to get to that # of recruits Brev, beta has limited ppl heh and i'm sure a large majority quit early on since the early towns were crowded.

error code:FFXI-1313
the name u entered is unavailable
please choose another name

i have tried everything and alot of people now are getting this error to create a character

Beat the hell out of the dragon earlier today. W00t!!! Rank 3 here I am. :D

Anyway, if anyones on the mission to beat up some copper Qaudavs /tell me (Jdreborn) and we can tag team them.

[quote name='cag1000']error code:FFXI-1313
the name u entered is unavailable
please choose another name

i have tried everything and alot of people now are getting this error to create a character[/QUOTE]

Playonline just put out a notice, due to there being so many ppl on HYdra, lots of people are unable to create new accounts. Looks like the beta's full, lol.

God, I'm so sick of Hydra..... the standards of gameplay have been lowered to pure crap.
Lvl 26 rdm in kazam with no subjob, 50% of the wars seem to be war/whm... Lizard gear for tanks in kazam... pld/nin, rdm/war.... people using solo jobs which are useless in parties. You would think by the time people got to kazam they would have thier shit straight. BLM's dont know howt o magic burst and melees don't seem to comprehend the simplicity of skillchaining.
And of course tons of incompetent tanks that apparently think that provoking once is enough while mages and drks get slaughtered. ............................

So why would an easygoing guy like me give a damn? Cuz Lvling in this game takes so long and when people fuck around it takes us longer to kill a mob or mobs and therefore EXP comes in not nearly as fast as it should. In addition people die blah blah and exp is lost.

[quote name='Zoglog']God, I'm so sick of Hydra..... the standards of gameplay have been lowered to pure crap.
Lvl 26 rdm in kazam with no subjob, 50% of the wars seem to be war/whm... Lizard gear for tanks in kazam... pld/nin, rdm/war.... people using solo jobs which are useless in parties. You would think by the time people got to kazam they would have thier shit straight. BLM's dont know howt o magic burst and melees don't seem to comprehend the simplicity of skillchaining.
And of course tons of incompetent tanks that apparently think that provoking once is enough while mages and drks get slaughtered. ............................

So why would an easygoing guy like me give a damn? Cuz Lvling in this game takes so long and when people fuck around it takes us longer to kill a mob or mobs and therefore EXP comes in not nearly as fast as it should. In addition people die blah blah and exp is lost.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I was invited to a party today in Qufim and noticed the one guys whom said he was a level 34 ranger on blah blah server was a 21 WAR/10WHM. I started to make fun of him and asked him why he picked WHM as sub. He said I had no clue what I was talking about and he said every WAR chooses WHM since its the best combo.

I find it funny. They have about 28MP and can Cure 1 3 times. What a waste. I have no clue where I am gonna level 21-25. I wonder were all the level 21's are going?

I have tones and tones and tones of complaints like this of JP and US player and all those in between. PPL saying they are a year into the game on X server but they seem to have forgot everything. Most of my parties dont use SC at all and forget about MB. If your lucky your mages have half their spells, which on a mage is just sad. I mean forget your armor if you have to (LIke I did) but get your spellz. Also to many parties that think 50xp per kill is great xp with the ring and worth staying where they are.

As BLM and WHM I cant believe how often I am seeking for way to long. As you know I am lvl 25 in both and current in all spellz, and willing to use either job. It just that there seems to be "enough" players at the times I am seeking so that often I find my self as the only one seeking in that area which is really odd.

Well I got all my Kazam keys this weekend and killed 4NMs for 0 drops. I got Warp, inivsible and Raise too.

I still have no armor though but I did get a new melee weapon and did skill up with it so now I got two new WSs.

I accepted 3kingdoms and as soon as I get on tonight I am going to Bastok to knockout the first half and then to sandy to kill the dragon.

I was invited to kill the dragon no less than 10 times this weekend while in the 3 zones looking for keys. My party (not me cus I couldnt yet) did the mission 3 times yesterday alone. I guess there are loads of people Rank 3 and after tonight I hope to be one of them. I need it to get Drain at any rate. ^^ If anyone in the LS want in let me know. I have done the dragon with 4 ppl easy b4 but I know I got friends that will help as well as LS friends.

Get this I guess the going rate for helping on the dragon is 3k cus I/we were offered that many times to do the dragon for ppl. I might have found a new way to earn money in the game. hehe

You want to know why warriors sub the whm? Because there are barely any freaking whm's in the beta and the ones I come across never want to party. The other reason is because its easier to solo a warrior as a whm subjob. Remember everyone this beta recently started. Most people don't have the time to level up 3 jobs just so they can have one for parties and one for soloing.

About the armor issue. Have you seen the price of the armor? If the AH wasn't such whores on trying to make a profit it would be easier to get the armor. Its funny seeing chainmail sell for 20k on AH, but it sells for 14.7k in the store.

The hydra server is getting even more barren lately due to people who started an account and left, people with more than one account, the server being full, and just the fact that people are not leveling up as quickly. I have free reign of so many areas its not even funny. So, many good leveling up spots.

Which brings me back to my original point. There are hardly any parties in the higher level areas. I was on Q Island and there was maybe two parties. Only place I have seen lots of parties is Dunes and Gusgen. And that is why warriors sub the WHM.

PS You are in the wrong groups if you can't find people who can do Skill Chains and Magic Bursts.

Still why sub WHM? You can heal yourself 3 times tops. WAR should sub monk so they can get the added STR, VIT, and HP. Even if you have a team of 4 WAR/WHM and a BLM, and a THF they cant take the place of a staright up WHM. It just doesnt make sense to me.

[quote name='BREVITY']I have tones and tones and tones of complaints like this of JP and US player and all those in between. PPL saying they are a year into the game on X server but they seem to have forgot everything. Most of my parties dont use SC at all and forget about MB.[/QUOTE]

Sad to say but this happens a lot on Midgardsormr. Veteran players who go back and level low level jobs and seem to have "forgotten" how to play the game. It's common that these veteran players will bring power leverlers to the dunes and once the power leveler leaves the party, they will disband because of "slow" xp and scared that they are going to die even though the group is completely able to level without the power leveler.

Honestly If I can afford a spike necklace, battle gloves, 2 beetle earings, dex ring, fire sword, merc knife, and decent armor I don't see why they can't afford money for Chainmail at lvl 25. I have not done any hardcore farming either and I still have 18k left over.

I also have noticed what Brev is talkinga bout. There's a war out there who says he's a lvl 75 BLM but it's obvious he doesn't know jack about the game. And instead of getting better things seem to have gotten worse when I hit kazham.

And yeah what pimp said, war/whm can cure himself like 3 times whoopiee. If he had that mnk sub the mob would be dead long before. If they're so frickin desperate to get a paladin hit 30 with war with mnk at 15 and then do your pld. This game is not a solo game. It's a party game (as long as you're not bst). If you're soloing past lvl 20 then EXP must be coming in damn slow. In a good party you should be chaining It's up to 4 at least.

I know it's probably late to get on the linkshell, but I would like to play with some experienced players to learn the finer points of FFXI. I never played an MMORPG, and I enjoy playing this one so far. I have a level 8 WAR with no subjob. I am not even sure how to start a subjob, and noone seems to like to party. Any advice would be appreciated!

[quote name='MaskedPlague']I know it's probably late to get on the linkshell, but I would like to play with some experienced players to learn the finer points of FFXI. I never played an MMORPG, and I enjoy playing this one so far. I have a level 8 WAR with no subjob. I am not even sure how to start a subjob, and noone seems to like to party. Any advice would be appreciated![/QUOTE]

If Im on ill invite you to the LS. Don't worry about finding a party until you get to the dunes. I didnt end up going o tthe Dunes myself since Zewone and Myself Double Teamed In Latheine and got exp sorta slow like 40-60exp but mobs were plentiful and we didnt need to go looking for a party.

[quote name='MaskedPlague']I know it's probably late to get on the linkshell, but I would like to play with some experienced players to learn the finer points of FFXI. I never played an MMORPG, and I enjoy playing this one so far. I have a level 8 WAR with no subjob. I am not even sure how to start a subjob, and noone seems to like to party. Any advice would be appreciated![/QUOTE]

Just look for someone online when you get on, /sea name (replacing name with Cyrril, Brevity, Shipwreck, Jiran) if you see one of them send a /tell name and if they are close (don't know what town your in) they'll hook you up with a linkpearl.

You shouldn't need to party until your lvl 11~13, and you can't get a subjob till lvl 18. Then you get the quest either in Selbina (the easiest), or Mhaura.

Cyrril beat me :)

That sux that I spent 10 bucks on the worthless mag now can't get in and prob missed out by like 1 day. They either need to refund people or hook us up with something.

[quote name='cag1000']That sux that I spent 10 bucks on the worthless mag now can't get in and prob missed out by like 1 day. They either need to refund people or hook us up with something.[/QUOTE]

lol not gonna happen

I played this for the first week I had it, and quit playing. I recently picked up World of Warcraft and saw how much better it is. Now I'm definitely uninstalling this from my 360.

Thanks for the beta Squaresoft, but I've had enough. I can play WoW and easily find creatures to kill! It took me about two hours until I hit LVL 2 or 3 in FFXI, and by this time in WoW, I was already LVL 6 and completed a bunch of quests that were much more fun to play.

bread's done
Back