FREE FORZA 2 Saleen Mustang S281E DLC

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Major Nelson is offering a Free, tuned Saleen Mustang S281E DLC for Forza 2. All you have to do is go here: http://forzamotorsport.net/news/pitpassreports/major_nelson_saleen.htm
and click the link at the bottom of the page. Then just login with your gamertag and comment. After this, they will send you the dlc (I'm not sure how long it takes). Hope you guys like it! Not including the paint job, it looks pretty sweet! :)

dallascowboys

Update: Just to clarify, you must comment on the blog to receive the car. It is not listed under Forza 2 on the XBLM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got some news for those who are waiting for this in game "DLC" to come .. the word on the blog is that is going to be at least a week for the car to come in due to the high demand .. so just be patient fellow CAGers! ^_^

It's amazing anyone still plays this game. I mean, they were suppose to do so much and then they abruptly stopped so they could do FM3...

[quote name='dallascowboys']I think you should be able to change the paint job (if it's like any other forza 2 car).[/quote]

It would probably be just an associated saved scheme. I'm sure you could remove it (but still save the scheme).

[quote name='mrfreeziexp']Wow, cool, thanks OP!

EDIT: Do I have to have XBL Gold to receive cars as gifts?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you need XBL Gold to receive cars. If so, you can always just use a 48 hr card (if they gift within the 48 hr period).

i got forza from lsc club and i love it. the customization is worth it alone. it did also make up for me spending $50 for pgr3 when i 1st got my 360.

[quote name='dallascowboys']I'm pretty sure you need XBL Gold to receive cars. If so, you can always just use a 48 hr card (if they gift within the 48 hr period).[/quote]That wasn't working for me, I tried to gift a car and it wouldn't let me. Had to put a 1 month on it.

[quote name='VipFREAK']It's amazing anyone still plays this game. I mean, they were suppose to do so much and then they abruptly stopped so they could do FM3...[/quote]

Um...wat?

What exactly have they not done? They've continued to put out new cars years after release. They've had 5 DLC packs available. What more do you want here?

I haven't received anything yet. Posted on the blog a week ago. I believe it was supposed to be delivered to your garage directly in-game, but it wasn't there a couple days ago when I checked.

I posted over a week ago...never got the car. Posted again a couple days ago...never got the car. It's a SCAM I tell you!!!

Is it in some special spot or will it be with the rest of your cars in career mode? I've never had a car gifted before.

[quote name='omkoermac']I posted over a week ago...never got the car. Posted again a couple days ago...never got the car. It's a SCAM I tell you!!!

Is it in some special spot or will it be with the rest of your cars in career mode? I've never had a car gifted before.[/QUOTE]

When you go into your garage, look in the upper right the screen. There will be a message about a gift or something. You push LB and it will take you to the car, then you just receive it and it will then be in your garage.

[quote name='GuitarGuru']Did they close the comments down. Cant seem to find where I can add one. :([/quote]

Yeah, it says "New Comments to this post are disabled" at the bottom of the page.

Weak.

I received mine last night. It didn't show up at first but probably 20 or so minutes after I had been playing, a little letter looking thing showed up in the corner like greatscot said but mine occurred when I was in between two out of three races.

Yep, I got mine.
I started the game up, played a few races and nothing.
Just when I was ready to turn off the game it beeped and said I had a gift car.
To anyone waiting for theirs, just put the game in and wait for the message. It might take awhile.

Confirmed, its over.

"For all 50,000+ of you out there waiting for the Major Nelson Saleen Mustang to arrive...the wait is over! Our man Jeremy successfully stress tested our servers this morning, and has since opened the flood gates. Thousands and thousands of copies of our custom Saleen S281E are currently en route to a gift inbox near you. All you have to do is hit "LB" when the message appears in the top right corner of your screen to receive your gift! Of course this now marks the end of our request blog, meaning we won't be accepting any more requests for this car."

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/b...archive/2009/05/07/2527883.aspx?cp=2#Comments

Since I upgraded my Xbox to the new Red Elite, I lost my original save to Forza 2 so I had to start over.
Using this car, I am just smoking all the crappy cars in the early races.
I need to spend time to get all that silly paint off and give it a nice low profile black color.

Kudos to the Forza team to get me to play this excellent game again.

That's the difference between pre-owned and Honda certified! I opened Forza finally, got my free car and ran the introductory races with it. Totally unfair for the opposition in a funny kind of way. I figured only a certain level of cars would be allowed in, but I guess not.

Got my ride, just had to load up Forza 2 and I got a message a few minutes later in game. Nice ride!

Do you guys have some sort of CAG night? 'Cause I'd love to get in some races with fellow CAGs. Nothing too serious as I've forgotten just about all the braking points in the courses.

I don't own Forza yet, anyone know if I rush out and get it will I still get this? I was one of the first few hundred to post. Just don't know if I needed existing game data to get it.

Not sure if they will give it to you if you don't have a Forza.
The Platinum version (which includes all the DLC on a second disk) for $20 is a steal.
The game is worth every penny.

[quote name='ferant316']I don't own Forza yet, anyone know if I rush out and get it will I still get this? I was one of the first few hundred to post. Just don't know if I needed existing game data to get it.[/QUOTE]I hadn't even opened my Forza when they did the giveaway. After I saw others saying they had received their cars, I finally opened it and upon first going to my garage I had a message that I had been gifted a car so it works.

[quote name='ferant316']I don't own Forza yet, anyone know if I rush out and get it will I still get this? I was one of the first few hundred to post. Just don't know if I needed existing game data to get it.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter if you don't own the game yet. I bought the marvel ultimate alliance/forza 2 double pack from gamestop and never got around to playing forza 2 and still got the car, so you've got nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the answers, guys. I had concerns similar to those other CAGs. I'm still waiting for the Forza 2 that I ordered from LSC to finally be shipped.
While we were all waiting for the cars to be sent out, I think I was the lone person that was actually hoping that I would take as long as possible. :lol:
Hopefully, the cars are (and will stay) linked to your live account, even if you haven't gone online with Forza 2.

[quote name='Hibiki Rush']is this dead? I see you can't comment anymore...[/QUOTE]
Yes, the deal is dead. No, they aren't taking anymore requests. Sorry.

i got my car, i hope that they stay'd linked w/ your account too so the cag's that haven't played online yet w/ forza 2 still get theres, keep us posted lowdwn if urs shows up....

bread's done
Back