Free game (DL) when you register 3DS XL & Pokemon MD: GTI or Luigi's Mansion: DM

KemperJones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
LINK

Just saw this on Club Nintendo's site and didn't see a post on here.

Register a 3DS XL and either Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity between 3/21-4/30 and you get to choose one of the following games as a free digital download...

Freaky Forms Deluxe
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone
Super Mario 3D Land
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Star Fox 64

[quote name='Rabb2']Registered mine picked out the Mario one. Lost the page with my code, and it isn't in my account page :(
Never did get the email either.[/QUOTE]

My email took a couple hours to show, but you might check junk mail and make sure your checking registered email account.

[quote name='brernurse']If anyone is not wanting any of the games you can select from I would be willing to buy a Star Fox 3D code for $20. So if anyone wants to sale me their unused code for Star Fox 3DS please PM me and we can make a deal.[/QUOTE]

Alright well got Star Fox from a forum member and it worked great!

But with that said I was thinking I would extend the same offer for the professor Layton Code (miracle mask) as well so if anyone is interested in $20 instead of the free game hit me up.

[quote name='brernurse']My email took a couple hours to show, but you might check junk mail and make sure your checking registered email account.[/QUOTE]

I registered it yesterday, I had to email them. I'm sure they can send me the code.

Has anyone tried to contact Nintendo if they registered their 3DS XL before February 15th but plan to buy Luigi's Masnion or Pokemon before the deadline? I haven't read through every page here since the deal went official a few days ago.

For instance, I registered my 3DS XL in either late January or early February. It was literally less than a month before they announced this promotion. Is anyone in the same boat as I am? Did you try to talk to Nintendo customer service and see if you're still eligible for the free game promotion? Or are we just out of luck?

*Note* I haven't tried this myself because I haven't purchased Luigi's Mansion 2 yet, but plan to in the next 2 weeks.

[quote name='Jome20']Has anyone tried to contact Nintendo if they registered their 3DS XL before February 15th but plan to buy Luigi's Masnion or Pokemon before the deadline? I haven't read through every page here since the deal went official a few days ago.

For instance, I registered my 3DS XL in either late January or early February. It was literally less than a month before they announced this promotion. Is anyone in the same boat as I am? Did you try to talk to Nintendo customer service and see if you're still eligible for the free game promotion? Or are we just out of luck?

*Note* I haven't tried this myself because I haven't purchased Luigi's Mansion 2 yet, but plan to in the next 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

I registered mine 10 days before the promotion went live. I haven't bothered contacting them, though. Why would I? There is a clear start and end date to the promotion. Why should we be given special treatment because we missed out on the deal?

[quote name='Jome20']Has anyone tried to contact Nintendo if they registered their 3DS XL before February 15th but plan to buy Luigi's Masnion or Pokemon before the deadline? I haven't read through every page here since the deal went official a few days ago.

*Note* I haven't tried this myself because I haven't purchased Luigi's Mansion 2 yet, but plan to in the next 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

They might make an exception but typically it's all done through an automated system and the terms clearly state Feb 14th 2013. So I wouldn't get my hopes too high.

Now to go register my new Pikachu 3DSXL

[quote name='brernurse']Alright well got Star Fox from a forum member and it worked great!

But with that said I was thinking I would extend the same offer for the professor Layton Code (miracle mask) as well so if anyone is interested in $20 instead of the free game hit me up.[/QUOTE]

could of got a sealed copy for that

[quote name='malunewyorker']I bought luigis mansion on the eshop. my ds and game is registered. anyone know how i get to pick the game?[/QUOTE]
Go back to the homepage at Club Nintendo. All the way back. It should be there right after you log in. I was all salty after about 15 minutes cause I couldn't find it.

[quote name='slidecage']those who got layton.. can you download all 365 extra puzzles day one or do you still only get 1 puzzle from the nintendo download for the next 365 days[/QUOTE]

Where do you download the extra puzzles? I was trying to figure this out as well but not seeing anyway to download more.

I assume Nintendo's eshop titles are still tied to the device rather than the account? When that gets fixed, I'll start buying downloadable titles.

[quote name='Crashmasteromega']Have:
a code for any game of your choosing out of the 5. $39 value

Want:
$30 PayPal (no trades)[/QUOTE]

Those games can be bought for around $30 new if you shop around and around $20 used. Not to mention, people are selling the same download codes for $20.

I dont have any interest in taking advantage of this so if someone gave me their Pokemon or Luigi code I would give them the free game.

[quote name='nhlducks35']If you email CS about it they will tell you to do this:

Mail a letter to Nintendo that includes your address, your username for Club Nintendo, and your email. You must also include your UPC code (the bar code) physically, meaning that you must cut it out.

The address is:

Nintendo of America
Attn: CS Admin
4600 150th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052

They will then register a PIN for you on their end, however I'm not sure how long it will take.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thank you for this bit of information.

Oh, I've been wondering what the flood of codes on the Nintendo trade forum has been. Thought they were for the game download, but they're just so you can get in on the promo, the registration key.

I was like, "Whaaaat? I can get the whole game for $5?" Now I know. ;)

[quote name='sultangaming']So far a serial number alone won't work, damnit![/QUOTE]

Blah... I can not find my 3DSXL box with the pin# paper in it... I did input the serial# for the 3DSXL and the pin# for Luigi's Mansion: DM....

I have looked all over for the box... I just hope that someone didn't throw it away... or I'm going to be pissed+1.

OK, so how does this work? You enter the Pin #s for the XL and game and you can choose one of the free games, whereby you get a code once you make your selection?

So, I just saw this deal after i picked up LM-DM tonight, and for some reason doubted that I ever registered my 3DS XL. Good thing I checked because I hadn't. Now I've got the choice for one of the free games, but I already own the 3 good ones and really couldn't care less about forming freaks or learning that I still don't have any artistic ability. Name a game and a price and the code could be yours!

[quote name='Vigilante']OK, so how does this work? You enter the Pin #s for the XL and game and you can choose one of the free games, whereby you get a code once you make your selection?[/QUOTE]
Correct. You'll get instructions on what to do with the code after you choose the game.

[quote name='ErikWaters']So, I just saw this deal after i picked up LM-DM tonight, and for some reason doubted that I ever registered my 3DS XL. Good thing I checked because I hadn't. Now I've got the choice for one of the free games, but I already own the 3 good ones and really couldn't care less about forming freaks or learning that I still don't have any artistic ability. Name a game and a price and the code could be yours![/QUOTE]

15-20$ Super Mario 3d Land...

April 30th is the last day to register? It's over a month away--if Luigi's Mansion drops from my purchase price ($34.99), I'll PM and jump on this deal too. :)

[quote name='elessar123']You can only do this one per account, right? Because I think I actually have 4 3DS codes cause I never registered them.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean 3DS XL codes? It only works for the XL consoles. And I believe it is only once per account.

If you have extra codes, you could easily trade them off in the club nintendo code trading thread. Everyone wants one.

[quote name='Yamato']Do you mean 3DS XL codes? It only works for the XL consoles. And I believe it is only once per account.

If you have extra codes, you could easily trade them off in the club nintendo code trading thread. Everyone wants one.[/QUOTE]

Oh, right. In that case, 3 3DS XL and 1 3DS (so 3).

[quote name='Yamato']Do you mean 3DS XL codes? It only works for the XL consoles. And I believe it is only once per account.

If you have extra codes, you could easily trade them off in the club nintendo code trading thread. Everyone wants one.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']Oh, right. In that case, 3 3DS XL and 1 3DS (so 3).[/QUOTE]

I think you can do more than one per account if you have a family account.

[quote name='eliter1']I think you can do more than one per account if you have a family account.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was once per color.

[quote name='elessar123']Oh, right. In that case, 3 3DS XL and 1 3DS (so 3).[/QUOTE]

If you try to get the promotion again through another member in the family account, some people are saying that Nintendo is throwing bans around for doing so. I have no idea if that is true or not, though. Maybe consider looking into it first.

You could definitely trade or sell them if it doesn't work out, though.

[quote name='Yamato']If you try to get the promotion again through another member in the family account, some people are saying that Nintendo is throwing bans around for doing so. I have no idea if that is true or not, though. Maybe consider looking into it first.

You could definitely trade or sell them if it doesn't work out, though.[/QUOTE]

Eek bans?
If thats true that sounds underhanded.
Its called FAMILY ACCOUNT. Multiple people. Multiple kids. Multiple 3ds XL's lying around the house.

[quote name='Yamato']If you try to get the promotion again through another member in the family account, some people are saying that Nintendo is throwing bans around for doing so. I have no idea if that is true or not, though. Maybe consider looking into it first.

You could definitely trade or sell them if it doesn't work out, though.[/QUOTE]

I have had a family account since they began doing so. Why wouldn't they allow a family to register more than one console and more than one game? If I was Nintendo I would want families to buy as many 3DS XLs and games as possible.

[quote name='Artrigis']Eek bans?
If thats true that sounds underhanded.
Its called FAMILY ACCOUNT. Multiple people. Multiple kids. Multiple 3ds XL's lying around the house.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eliter1']I have had a family account since they began doing so. Why wouldn't they allow a family to register more than one console and more than one game? If I was Nintendo I would want families to buy as many 3DS XLs and games as possible.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't make sense to me, either. Like I said, I don't know if its true or not. I'd ask Nintendo or google it..or something.

Target: 3DS XL for 159.99
Toys R US: Mario Kart 7 + Luigi's Mansion $65
CLub Nintendo: Super Mario 3D or Layton for free

How'd I do?

[quote name='ErikWaters']So, I just saw this deal after i picked up LM-DM tonight, and for some reason doubted that I ever registered my 3DS XL. Good thing I checked because I hadn't. Now I've got the choice for one of the free games, but I already own the 3 good ones and really couldn't care less about forming freaks or learning that I still don't have any artistic ability. Name a game and a price and the code could be yours![/QUOTE]

Professor Layton for $10..?\\:D/

I picked up a red-black 3DSXL from gohastings which should get here in a week or so but while LM 2 looks good, I think my buy point for that game is around $25 or so and that's still only if I can get it before the free game promo ends.

I kind of wish this promo worked with Fire Emblem since that's the first game I'll be getting but it is what it is~

Argh! Under a 100 coins away from Platinum! Googled and found out I can't use the other 200 or so coins because it's 1 game per account!:hot:
First time signing up. I have a lot of coins built up.;)

I did, however, get my Super Mario 3D Land code, instantly!!!!!:D:applause:

3 month XBL membership for Prof Layton?

bread's done
Back