Free game (DL) when you register 3DS XL & Pokemon MD: GTI or Luigi's Mansion: DM

KemperJones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
LINK

Just saw this on Club Nintendo's site and didn't see a post on here.

Register a 3DS XL and either Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity between 3/21-4/30 and you get to choose one of the following games as a free digital download...

Freaky Forms Deluxe
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone
Super Mario 3D Land
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Star Fox 64

This may be moved/deleted by a mod but I want it to get less attention so the deal is better (which is why I'm not posting it in the contests section)

So I registered my 3ds xl and if anyone wants to send me $18 paypal and choose one of the games just make a post telling me you want to buy it. BUT WAIT. The price will drop by $1 every 10 minutes (I'll drop it by $1 at 10pm) until it sells even if it drops to free (I'm assuming it wont but hey, DONT post asking for it and it can).

So basically you want to hold out to make the price lower but if someone else posts first wanting it for the current price well then you miss your chance.

And one note regarding this whole registration thing that I'm annoyed at myself about: I screwed up and registered my pikachu 3ds xl on the same account as another 3ds xl which I just bought. So I imagine I just screwed myself out of being able to get a second "free" game correct?

edit: to try and make it less annoying to others, I wont post when it drops a dollar I'll just tell you right now that from now through 9:59pm cst it'll cost $18. From 10pm through 10:09pm it'll cost $17, 10:10pm - 10:19 = $16 and so on until someone posts and buys/takes it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']This may be moved/deleted by a mod but I want it to get less attention so the deal is better (which is why I'm not posting it in the contests section)

So I registered my 3ds xl and if anyone wants to send me $18 paypal and choose one of the games just make a post telling me you want to buy it. BUT WAIT. The price will drop by $1 every 10 minutes (I'll drop it by $1 at 10pm) until it sells even if it drops to free (I'm assuming it wont but hey, DONT post asking for it and it can).

So basically you want to hold out to make the price lower but if someone else posts first wanting it for the current price well then you miss your chance.

And one note regarding this whole registration thing that I'm annoyed at myself about: I screwed up and registered my pikachu 3ds xl on the same account as another 3ds xl which I just bought. So I imagine I just screwed myself out of being able to get a second "free" game correct?

edit: to try and make it less annoying to others, I wont post when it drops a dollar I'll just tell you right now that from now through 9:59pm cst it'll cost $18. From 10pm through 10:09pm it'll cost $17, 10:10pm - 10:19 = $16 and so on until someone posts and buys/takes it.[/QUOTE]

I'll buy for $14. Would have held out till $12 probably, but I'm getting tired xD

[quote name='Link2999']I'll buy for $14. Would have held out till $12 probably, but I'm getting tired xD[/QUOTE]

thansk for buying it i was thinking of buying it as well but already have one code and dont think the other games are worth 14

[quote name='slidecage']thansk for buying it i was thinking of buying it as well but already have one code and dont think the other games are worth 14[/QUOTE]

Ya I have another already too, just wanted both Super Mario and Starfox though xD

Starfox is actually only $19 on Amazon right now if anyone wanted a physical copy.

Okay so I used my code for Mario 3D Land and thanks to a couple of great members on here I was able to get Star Fox and Layton for only $20 a piece, which yes I know you can get retail for that price or cheaper but I like digital! And after looking at the Art academy game/app I was thinking it might be interesting to play around on, but not for $20 bucks, but if anyone wants to sale me a code for $12.50 or less for it PM me. But as others might be willing to pay more look into those opportunities well but, if you don't find another buyer or just want to give me a deal send me a PM. Also would be willing to trade a like new (only openred for Rewards code) retail copy of Nintendogs + Cats 3DS for it as long as you are in USA.

Thanks,
TJ

Just making sure (Since I might not have much good internet access for the next week), redeeming the Game+XL on a Family account works? Or does registering a different color XL on your main account work as well.

Just repeating my question in case it got lost in my post and someone knows the answer:

I registered two 3DS XLs to the same Nintendo account because I'm a reject. Is there any way to still get two games now or am I screwed?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Just repeating my question in case it got lost in my post and someone knows the answer:

I registered two 3DS XLs to the same Nintendo account because I'm a reject. Is there any way to still get two games now or am I screwed?[/QUOTE]

screwed-050911L1.jpg

I am looking for the privilege to choose one of the five game from the promo

I will offer $11.15 Paypal (its all i have) and some Club Nintendo codes

Message me if you want to trade.. I really want to trade because I really want my 1st digital game on my 3DS..

[quote name='ShockandAww']Does anyone have a Luigis Mansion or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon code for sale? Need one asap[/QUOTE]

How much are you willing to offer? I have one new mystery dungeon code.

I wouldn't mind picking up a LM2 or PMD code to go along with my 3DSXL that I'll register early next week myself.

What's a fair price point people are willing to part with it via paypal?

[quote name='Slade']I wouldn't mind picking up a LM2 or PMD code to go along with my 3DSXL that I'll register early next week myself.

What's a fair price point people are willing to part with it via paypal?[/QUOTE]

was in the mid 20s but now people are getting in the teens.....

[quote name='slidecage']was in the mid 20s but now people are getting in the teens.....[/QUOTE]
Christ. just for the LM/Mystery Dungeon code you mean, without a system code? I guess that's why the guy I offered $5 to for one didn't respond. Sorry guy I offered $5 to.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Christ. just for the LM/Mystery Dungeon code you mean, without a system code? I guess that's why the guy I offered $5 to for one didn't respond. Sorry guy I offered $5 to.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, the code by itself doesn't seem very valuable when you consider the factors like how much the game costs($35 ish) vs the console($150+) and the fact that you can get many of the game offered for free for around $15-20 new.

I personally think $10-12 is a fair price for it but that's just me.

[quote name='Slade']I don't know, the code by itself doesn't seem very valuable when you consider the factors like how much the game costs($35 ish) vs the console($150+) and the fact that you can get many of the game offered for free for around $15-20 new.

I personally think $10-12 is a fair price for it but that's just me.[/QUOTE]

If someone really thinks 10 - 12 is fair, I'll go out and buy a copy of Luigi's Mansion 2 and gladly sell you the code =D

[quote name='admiralvic']If someone really thinks 10 - 12 is fair, I'll go out and buy a copy of Luigi's Mansion 2 and gladly sell you the code =D[/QUOTE]

You disagree I reckon?

[quote name='Crashmasteromega']Will pay $12 for game code for any of the 5 free games. Pm me.[/QUOTE]
Seems incredibly low considering that the digital version is superior, especially when you're dealing with a portable system.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Seems incredibly low considering that the digital version is superior, especially when you're dealing with a portable system.[/QUOTE]
Is it? 3ds cartridges take up like no space.

[quote name='cleaver']Is it? 3ds cartridges take up like no space.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you save the hassle of bringing all your games (with a chance of losing them) and don't need to swap them out. On a plane ride it can be annoying trying to play 1 game, then want another so you have to dig around your bag to find it, get it out, put it away, etc.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Seems incredibly low considering that the digital version is superior, especially when you're dealing with a portable system.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Crashmasteromega']Have:
a code for any game of your choosing out of the 5. $39 value

Want:
$30 PayPal (no trades)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Crashmasteromega']Will pay $12 for game code for any of the 5 free games. Pm me.[/QUOTE]

Isn't this the same one trying to sell them for $30?

[quote name='sharpeone']Isn't this the same one trying to sell them for $30?[/QUOTE]

Yes, turns out it is my misunderstanding in the first place. If the price is $30 then I am willing to sell it but if the price is $12 then I want to buy some more game instead.

I already closed that topic (and of course, no one bought it) though.

I hear resale values for digital versions are a lot higher than cart versions. Oh, wait ...

It really depends on the individual personally I prefer digital for the ease of access, but many prefer retail for various reasons including share games with friends and siblings, resale value on digital is zilch, and some people just like the physical as a collectors item. But usually retail copies are more often discounted, as Nintendo has only recently started offering sales and discounts on some eShop purchases.

[quote name='slidecage']was in the mid 20s but now people are getting in the teens.....[/QUOTE]

I believe the codes people are buying for $12-$20 are the full game code from someone who has redeemed the points on their account, and recieved the code for the free game. Personally I bought 2 of these one for Star Fox and one for Layton and I paid $20 for them and the people just sent me the code which redeems directly on 3DS eShop for the game download.

[quote name='brernurse']It really depends on the individual personally I prefer digital for the ease of access, but many prefer retail for various reasons including share games with friends and siblings, resale value on digital is zilch, and some people just like the physical as a collectors item. But usually retail copies are more often discounted, as Nintendo has only recently started offering sales and discounts on some eShop purchases.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought $20-$25 was fair for a digital download but I just passed my regular 3DS down to my brother and now I would only pay around $15 for a digital game. The main reason is that we can share the cartridge, otherwise we have to buy the game twice. Carrying these tiny cartridges around is not a big deal. I already have Mario Kart 7 and Fire Emblem in digital and I wish I had those in cartridge form so we could share. If Layton is going for around $20 new right now and has been as low as $10 I would only be willing to pay $10-$15 for the game.

As AMAZING as Luigi's Mansion is, Super Mario 3D Land is more forgiving on my eyes as far as the ghosting effect goes. To me, LM2 needed one or two more polish over/s. Very easy, for me, to get a stabilized view with Mario.

[quote name='nixmahn']walk through

http://www.ign.com/wikis/luigis-mansion-dark-moon[/QUOTE]

Thanks!:D Gonna really try and not use that link unless I superly-dooperly need to!

you can not get any resale value out of a digital version.. you can't loan it to a friend or relative, you don't have any physical that you can show off.

I have a 3DS case that fits 18 games in it.. I don't think the games take up that much space and I carry one case around.

digital versions should be half off retail atleast.

so how does this work cause i have the new pokemon game iim going to enter into it...

does it then send you a email giving you a code to pick your free game or whaT Cause i did the 3ds xl and the pokemon game and no code popped up??

[quote name='slidecage']so how does this work cause i have the new pokemon game iim going to enter into it...

does it then send you a email giving you a code to pick your free game or what[/QUOTE]

As long as you have an XL registered on your account it will offer the free game after you complete game survey.

[quote name='slidecage']so how does this work cause i have the new pokemon game iim going to enter into it...

does it then send you a email giving you a code to pick your free game or what[/QUOTE]

It is a reward through the club nintendo site. you redeem the pokemon and 3ds codes there and a reward is offered. You select the game and a couple screens later the code for your new game appears.

[quote name='Bumslie']As long as you have an XL registered on your account it will offer the free game after you complete game survey.[/QUOTE]

so im guessing you have to wait a few days for the survey to pop up or something?

i have a 3ds xl on march 20.. just entered the pokemon info now but never got a game survey

looking on gamefaqs says system being hammered allow 1 to 14 days to get the survey to get the free game... OUCH

[quote name='slidecage']so im guessing you have to wait a few days for the survey to pop up or something?

i have a 3ds xl on march 20.. just entered the pokemon info now but never got a game survey

looking on gamefaqs says system being hammered allow 1 to 14 days to get the survey to get the free game... OUCH[/QUOTE]

Hmm that's strange the second I registered my Luigi's Mansion (my XL had been registered in February) I was able to select, and download, my free game. But that was on the day LM came out so it's possible that this is the case but it does seem odd that it would take a few days.

I feel like I wouldn't be a fan of the xl and i just got the $1 gamefly offer, so i picked up a 3DS, used barely, 2 month old one on ebay the flame red mario land pre-install (was looking at another auction with it included physical bundle and then i thought twice i guess, either that or another included soulsilver and a few other games which I wouldn't care for), this bundle was as mentioned above, the past holiday bundle with a 3ds professor layton installed as well, and curious village DS also a 3DS physical copy of Paper Mario Sticker Star... all for $177.55 I think. you figure new the 3 3DS games would be probably 35-40 each with PL being about 20-30. so low 60 high 100, good value. probably beat and flip the PL games and the game lineup will determine how long I hold onto the 3DS, may sell my original big DS too if I can get a decent amount. :) sorry for ranting, i can't wait to play it next week. :)

[quote name='slidecage']so im guessing you have to wait a few days for the survey to pop up or something?

looking on gamefaqs says system being hammered allow 1 to 14 days to get the survey to get the free game... OUCH[/QUOTE]

What I meant was after you register your game you get to select the free game.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Hmm that's strange the second I registered my Luigi's Mansion (my XL had been registered in February) I was able to select, and download, my free game. But that was on the day LM came out so it's possible that this is the case but it does seem odd that it would take a few days.[/QUOTE]

is there a place on the webpage that shows this or was it a pop up window

[quote name='slidecage']is there a place on the webpage that shows this or was it a pop up window[/QUOTE]

It was a popup that came up right after registering LM. It basically let you select the game, took you to a page as if you were purchasing the game from club nintendo and they provided the code after verifying that's what you wanted.

[quote name='Namelessloser']It was a popup that came up right after registering LM. It basically let you select the game, took you to a page as if you were purchasing the game from club nintendo and they provided the code after verifying that's what you wanted.[/QUOTE]

was told u only needed the ss number from the system not the number and the pin

need both or no game

[quote name='slidecage']found out why you need the pin from the system if you dont get coins you dont get game fuck[/QUOTE]

I thought you already registered the 3DS XL with the pin. That's why I said just register the game and get the free game. Yeah no pin = no free game.

bread's done
Back