Free Game Informer

Thanks for the link, GameInfarcer plus the retards who thought it was real and sent in angry letters was great entertainment haha.

The other day I had a brief discussion with a friend about Game Informer. I mentioned how Brink got less than stellar reviews and he said I was lying because Game Informer gave it good reviews. So I mentioned back that Game Informer is owned by GameStop and is therefore going to be biased to get sales. Didn't hear a peep back after that lol, guess he got the message.

[quote name='GenPirate']The other day I had a brief discussion with a friend about Game Informer. I mentioned how Brink got less than stellar reviews and he said I was lying because Game Informer gave it good reviews. So I mentioned back that Game Informer is owned by GameStop and is therefore going to be biased to get sales. Didn't hear a peep back after that lol, guess he got the message.[/QUOTE]

Your friend probably realized how terrible your argument is and figured he'd quit while he was ahead. I don't subscribe to or read Game Informer, but if they were biased, and just trying to get sales because they're owned by GameStop, they'd give every game a 10. And I'm willing to bet they don't give every game a 10. Just looking at their site, they give many notable games just mediocre scores, which tend to fit in line with what's seen on Metacritic. So what you're saying makes very little sense.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Your friend probably realized how terrible your argument is and figured he'd quit while he was ahead. I don't subscribe to or read Game Informer, but if they were biased, and just trying to get sales because they're owned by GameStop, they'd give every game a 10. And I'm willing to bet they don't give every game a 10. Just looking at their site, they give many notable games just mediocre scores, which tend to fit in line with what's seen on Metacritic. So what you're saying makes very little sense.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, then get busted for giving every game a ten. No one is that stupid to call themselves out like that. Slipping a biased review in here or there is not likely to be caught but giving every game a 10 is a great way to get caught which not many are stupid enough to do. When you get a few valid point points worth arguing come back and we can argue but until then do some research before trying to act cool.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Your friend probably realized how terrible your argument is and figured he'd quit while he was ahead. I don't subscribe to or read Game Informer, but if they were biased, and just trying to get sales because they're owned by GameStop, they'd give every game a 10. And I'm willing to bet they don't give every game a 10. Just looking at their site, they give many notable games just mediocre scores, which tend to fit in line with what's seen on Metacritic. So what you're saying makes very little sense.[/QUOTE]
They use a 1 to 10 scale. 7 is "average" while 6 is "limited appeal" and 5 is "flawed."

What looks better? An average game that's neither good nor bad getting a 5 or an average game that's neither good nor bad getting a 7? Do you see where the big problem is now?

bread's done
Back