Free Game Rental @ Redbox **Now Live**

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**Now live**

Saw an advertisement in Wal-Mart's Game Center promo magazine. Said: "Text TRYITOUT to 727272" for a free game rental at Redbox. Assassin's Creed III and Just Dance 4 was pictured in the ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='notstylin']How exactly does this work? I've never used Redbox before but would like to try out Dishonoured for free.[/QUOTE]

You would text the phrase "JUSTDANCE" (or other phrase) to the number 727272. You will then get a promo code that you can use at a redbox kiosk. If it's your first time texting the number, it should prompt you to sign up for their text messaging as well.

[quote name='JStryke']You would text the phrase "JUSTDANCE" (or other phrase) to the number 727272. You will then get a promo code that you can use at a redbox kiosk. If it's your first time texting the number, it should prompt you to sign up for their text messaging as well.[/QUOTE]

Alright that was easy. JUSTDANCE worked, but should I sign up for their game club?

[quote name='H3xum']Edit:

Got all 4 to work

I have 4 free rentals coming up....wooooo

I hope they will let me check the game back in then immediately check it back out with a different code

Has anyone done that successfully?[/QUOTE]

Ive done that before. No issues.

[quote name='guyver2077']Ive done that before. No issues.[/QUOTE]

Awesome.

Time to stock up with the girlfriends codes, parents codes, coworkers codes, etc

:ps3: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Limited Edition was just added to some redboxes this morning. A one day code will last till 9:00 PM on Wednesday.

[quote name='TopsideKracker']Nice, thanks everyone.

OP needs to be updated with all codes. I got four, see some of you saying five but I must have missed one.[/QUOTE]

The one you missed is "SCREEN"

Awesome thread was able to get 5 codes and yes OP should be updated with all available codes.

Edit: 6

RENT, TRYITOUT, TRYGAMES, JUSTDANCE, SCREEN, TRYREDBOX

[quote name='boredasfook']Awesome thread was able to get 5 codes and yes OP should be updated with all available codes.

RENT, TRYITOUT, TRYGAMES, JUSTDANCE, SCREEN, TRYREDBOX[/QUOTE]

Six total, thanks for compiling this. We should definitely get this put into the OP for everyone. I just used my free trial to gamefly, but this could be good to get me AC3 since that will probably be hard to get right away on gamefly.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']The one you missed is "SCREEN"[/QUOTE]

Thank you good sir

[quote name='boredasfook']Awesome thread was able to get 5 codes and yes OP should be updated with all available codes.

RENT, TRYITOUT, TRYGAMES, JUSTDANCE, SCREEN, TRYREDBOX[/QUOTE]

Damn, six now? Not that I'm complaining...

Yeah seriously, thanks everyone. I got 6 rentals. Already used two last week for Dishonored. Planning on grabbing sleeping dogs soon. Does anyone know if AC3 or Halo 4 will be available at redbox?

[quote name='jacobeid']Yeah seriously, thanks everyone. I got 6 rentals. Already used two last week for Dishonored. Planning on grabbing sleeping dogs soon. Does anyone know if AC3 or Halo 4 will be available at redbox?[/QUOTE]

Yes though YMMV at each kiosk.

You can check their coming soon games on their website and reserve through their app. I just wish you could use a promo code to reserve something online.

Looks like only disc 1 of Halo 4 will be available (campaign). It makes sense, but for those looking to try multiplayer will need to find disc 2 to install.

Thanks guys got all the codes. For some reason it doesn't work with my wife's phone, it says message failed short code something blocked.

Really do hope though that Redbox will have Hitman Absolution and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale available next month. They seem to have good ties anyway with Square Enix and Sony as proved by some of their past selections (FFXIII-2, Deus Ex, and Uncharted 3 just to name a few).

[quote name='whoknows']I used this for Medal of Honor. Wasn't even worth free.[/QUOTE]

Really like waste of gas bad? :drool: Kinda wanted to check it out. Looking forward to Halo in a couple of weeks though.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Thank you! the family can eat now. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Why would you feed the family when you could buy a metric ton of cheap video games?!

[quote name='kouleefoh']Funny story, went to use my free code on Medal of Honor. Bought a few scratchers and won $1000. :D[/QUOTE]

Grats man!

Got like seven codes due to this thread and went and grabbed Medal of Honor. Which is good because for some reason none of the rental places here had it in stock.

Thanks!

[quote name='destro4eva']Really like waste of gas bad? :drool: Kinda wanted to check it out. Looking forward to Halo in a couple of weeks though.[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to him. The story and mechanics are fine. The graphics are pretty, the cut scenes are amazing

[quote name='destro4eva']Really like waste of gas bad? :drool: Kinda wanted to check it out. Looking forward to Halo in a couple of weeks though.[/QUOTE]

I was planning to keep it 2 days in a row but with how bad I thought it was I took it back today instead.

[quote name='shadowkast']Don't listen to him. The story and mechanics are fine. The graphics are pretty, the cut scenes are amazing[/QUOTE]

Story? :lol:

The graphics are nice though and you go through some cool locations, the actual game is somehow not fun. The AI is really stupid and caused me to get caught more than once when we were supposed to be using stealth.

[quote name='whoknows']I was planning to keep it 2 days in a row but with how bad I thought it was I took it back today instead.

Story? :lol:

The graphics are nice though and you go through some cool locations, the actual game is somehow not fun. The AI is really stupid and caused me to get caught more than once when we were supposed to be using stealth.[/QUOTE]
I didn't like the game either. Got bored and stopped playing after 30 minutes.

I just want to rent medal of honor (twice if I have to) so I could just run through the campaign. hows the lenth of the story like ? I would get dishonored but I acually want to buy it

[quote name='strait edge follower']I just want to rent medal of honor (twice if I have to) so I could just run through the campaign. hows the lenth of the story like ? I would get dishonored but I acually want to buy it[/QUOTE]

If you maximize your rental period (as close to after 12AM one day so it won't be due back till 9pm the following day), you can easily beat it. I also played through the Medal of Honor reboot from 2010 and it was nice to have continuity with the same characters.

Regarding, Medal of Honor. I've played about three hours of the multiplayer on PS3 and I (surprisingly) enjoyed it a lot. Haven't touched the campaign yet.

(for those wondering how I got online, bought a pass on eBay for like 3 bucks)

I just ran through the campaign. If you like Call of Duty, you'll like Medal of Honor. I thought it felt exactly the same except the sound and graphics were a lot better, lol.

Thanks for the codes!!!!

TRYITOUT, BIRTHDAY, and SCREEN, didn't work for me. I still got 4 codes so, YAY!!!

BREAKROOM took NBA2k13 down to $0.86 yesterday night.

Is there a certain time to rent games to get "2 days?" I rented one at like 11 a.m. on Monday and it wasn't due back until 9 p.m. the next day (Tuesday)

Thanks again for the codes

[quote name='DaCaPn0045']Thanks for the codes!!!!

TRYITOUT, BIRTHDAY, and SCREEN, didn't work for me. I still got 4 codes so, YAY!!!

BREAKROOM took NBA2k13 down to $0.86 yesterday night.

Is there a certain time to rent games to get "2 days?" I rented one at like 11 a.m. on Monday and it wasn't due back until 9 p.m. the next day (Tuesday)

Thanks again for the codes[/QUOTE]

The biggest rental window you can get is, for example, renting at 12:01 AM on a Monday morning (if you are willing to stay up that late) so that you may return it by 9 PM Tuesday night.

I found more good coupon codes (both for games/videos) here http://www.printablecouponsbirthday.com/redbox-promo-codes/

For videos - use this code JXX6GHR3 to save 1/2 off your movie rental (valid until 1 November 2012). They have this 50% off deal for Halloween too - http://www.redbox.com/halloweendeal

For those that don't have a phone to text sms's, here are some good codes still working (might be one per credit card though):

DVDONME + MOVIETIME + BREAKROOM + WALGREENS (might work only at Walgreens).

Have friends? Refer one and get another 50% off discount for your movie rental: http://www.redbox.com/refer-friend-free-movie-night

[quote name='dark_inchworm']The biggest rental window you can get is, for example, renting at 12:01 AM on a Monday morning (if you are willing to stay up that late) so that you may return it by 9 PM Tuesday night.[/QUOTE]

This is the only way I rent games. Basically get a 2-Day rental.

bread's done
Back