Free game w/ Xbox live signup!! (dead, but talk about it anyways)

is there no way the promo code can be used by someone else? I want to sign up tonight with my friend, but I did not know he needed a special promo code, can I use someone else's promo code with my friend? Please PM me if someone has the code and I can do that

I recently just signed up for xbox and I had gotten someone to refer me so that i can get a free game. They then forward me an email but the promotion code was blank. WTF, anyways i was extremely pissed so i emailed microsoft asking why I did not receive a promotion code and why it was blank when it was forwarded to me. THey replied in the morning saying that I need to call customer support. I then call customer support and they tell me "Oh we cant authorize the free game over the phone" On the site it clearly says that, so i understand. But then my question wasnt for them to send me the game it was why my promotion code was blank and why I did not receive one. The lady then says, "Sir, were sorry about that but theres nothing I can do." So i ask her if it was just a scam because this free game was the only reason I had signed up for xbox live, she then says "sorry sir theres nothing we can do about it." WTF is that about. When i got off the phone i was extremely confused and pissed about this. Can someone please tell me what I did wrong or help me out?

If you read the info in their email, it said it would take 6-8 weeks for you to get your game. Did you get the email confirmation that they signed up using your referral? Also somewhere in the fine print, it made it sound like you would only get 1 game total even if you signed up more than 1 person.

Originally it said 1 per signup for a maximum of 5 games. Then the bastards changed it to one maximum, after I had already signed up 4 people! To make it convenient for them to do this, the email was just an html link to their servers so there's no proof unless someone screen captured the original page before it was changed. I've heard nothing about even one game coming so far....

[quote name='Owen']If you read the info in their email, it said it would take 6-8 weeks for you to get your game. Did you get the email confirmation that they signed up using your referral? Also somewhere in the fine print, it made it sound like you would only get 1 game total even if you signed up more than 1 person.[/quote]

Just wondering if anyone got anything....if it's 6-8 weeks from 7/29 when the contest ended...that could be quite a long time to wait for those games.....

I'm willing to be that MS got tons of people to get in on this deal and the games are backed up since the have so many people who qualify. I would be shocked if MS stiffed everyone on this deal.

WHOIS Inquiry for xboxlive-friends.com:

Code:
Registrant:
   	Digitas  (35428183O)
   	475 Sansome Street
   	Suite 2000
   	San Francisco, CA 94111
   	US
   	Phone: 415.743.3939

Domain Name: XBOXLIVE-FRIENDS.COM

Administrative Contact : 	 
   	Tully, Thomas F
   	(35428184P)
   	[email][email protected][/email]
   	475 Sansome Street
   	Suite 2000
   	San Francisco, CA 94111
   	US
   	Phone: 415.743.3939

The only affiliation I can see is that Microsoft is a client of Digitas. This could be a very clever marketing scheme to collect a massive amount of information for their advertising campaign.

Read Digitas' Company Overview Here.

I'm honestly surprised nobody queried this information earlier. I personally dismissed this "deal" because I had no interest in the games they were offering, but figured I'd check up on it for the heck of it.

I'm afraid it appears you've been hosed, but you can hold on to the hope that this was done with the consent and backing of Microsoft.

Why would Microsoft have posted info about this on the official Xbox forums? It's not a hoax, just wait for the games to come.

I should be getting my game about the time the price drops to $5 and I can buy it straight from the store and is worth $1.50 in trade.

Anyone yet? Well past the time stuff should have gotten here by now...I have a hard time buying the idea that this was a scam, it was on MS's main site, and I haven't seen junk mail in my account yet. :shrug:

No one has anything yet?? Someone need to give good ole' Microsoft a call. I think I might do so tomorrow. Cuz I want my Rallisport.

For what it's worth, I ran across the original email yesterday...it said 8-12 weeks (GADS!), so keep watching the mailbox.

yea i even forgot what game i picked it comes with a note saying
thank you from everyone at xbox live. it's awesome that you and your buddy have signed up. we hope you enjoy your free game. xbox.com

[quote name='memsg']i finally recieved my free game today. it came with a thank you note from ms.[/quote]

When did you or your friend sign up for this offer?

i signed up back in july, i recieved the email and referred MCalvert1 from this site and someone else from another site, so far i just recieved Top Spin, still waiting for rallisport 2

Ok, im finnaly gonna ask...who the hell is that "chick" in your sig santurio?

I want to go home and check if mine has arrived yet....or the Vacuum i ordered thanks to NintendiFanGirl

[quote name='Wshakspear']Ok, im finnaly gonna ask...who the hell is that "chick" in your sig santurio?l[/quote]

1)That my friend is Rachel Stevens from Sclub7!!!

2)I just got home and found my game had arrived, but it is Top Spin
I ordered Rallisport 2!!!!

[quote name='memsg']i signed up back in july, i recieved the email and referred MCalvert1 from this site and someone else from another site, so far i just recieved Top Spin, still waiting for rallisport 2[/quote]

About a week after the promotion Microsoft changed the details from a max of 5 games to a max of one games. Pretty shady if you ask me. Don't count on another game coming, but you never know...I registered 4 people and just got Rallisport 2 but I'm not expecting they'll send any more.

I got my Top Spin today, too. They better send me my other game(I referred two people) because even after I referred the one person they sent me another e-mail saying that I could refer up to 5 people.

[quote name='tubtub']I got my Top Spin today, too. They better send me my other game(I referred two people) because even after I referred the one person they sent me another e-mail saying that I could refer up to 5 people.[/quote]

Yeah you could refer up to 5 people but for a max of one game :( That's what the details got changed to after a week. Im with ya though as I referred 4 people. I sold a few xbox live starter kits i had gotten cheap at radio shack to friends and co-workers and they all signed up. I would have had all 5 but one idiot co-worker deleted his email and there was no way to resend it. I think after the number of signups in the first week microsoft quickly realized they would be giving a lot of games away to people while not booting the purchases of new $70 starter kits as much as they wanted and cheaped out.

bread's done
Back