Free Games from Goozex~NO FRAUD TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really didn't care at first, just realized it today. I counted just now, and it would have been about ~20 refferals oh well :)

my game is in the mail now, anyknow have estimated shipping days? It says 14-16 days, but is that accurate?

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Well, if anyone still hasn't signed up and feels like giving referrals, my link is http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=52029861911*removed by mod*[/quote]
Referral links do not belong outside of Referral Central.

[quote name='ighosty']my game is in the mail now, anyknow have estimated shipping days? It says 14-16 days, but is that accurate?[/quote] It will depend on how the sender shipped. Unless they used media mail and live across the country from you I'd expect it a lot sooner.

[quote name='ighosty']my game is in the mail now, anyknow have estimated shipping days? It says 14-16 days, but is that accurate?[/quote]

I got mine within three days. I think the 14-16 days is just generous to avoid people getting uppity and harassing their trading parter if the game hasn't arrived two days after they recieved their shipment notification.

[quote name='wwfward']On average, how fast do the turns go? I just sent my first game and I want to start spending my points when I get them.[/quote]It all depends on the game. For any game, go to the game page and scroll down and click the "Trading Info" link. It's really useful and it took me a while of being a member to realize it was there. They recently upgraded it to be even more informative. Even if you have a certain number of turns showing, not everyone with a turn will have enough points/trades ready when their turn comes, so you can move to the front of the line pretty quickly if you always have lots of points and trades available to you.

Yes, free games is same as free stuff. I made this thread, please don't ruin it. I don't put my refferal here just for the sake of keeping it clean and in this section.

I'm going to ask mod's to delete any posts with refferals in them. That's thread hijacking. The average time is 2-3 days. My freind just got me Harry Potter 4 in 2 days. Best freind IM'd me, Digmon world 4 just shipped, it'll be here by monday.

Goozex FTW!!
goozex10.jpg

Hmm...this is an interesting economy/gimmick. You get a free game for joining Goozex, but that's not out of Goozex's pocket; all they give you are nebulous "points" that are completely abitrary and completely valueless other than the ability to trade them for a game on Goozex. And, since Goozex itself does not provide any games, there must be someone else willing to accept said points for your game.

That means, unlike credit at an actual store, where if it decided to announce its closure within the next 48 hours, one would have to scrable to spend their credit before it was too late, but still be able to get something for their intangible pseudocurrency. Should Goozex announce its closure in a similar fashion, any accumulated points would become immediately worthless, because no one would agree to send a game in exchange for a currency that will blink out of existence in 48 hours.

Additionally, every time a new member joins, 100 of these currency points appear out of thin air; as they do every time someone spends money to buy Goozex points. Both of these have the potentail to sharply drive inflation, especially if a large number of people join and buy points but not offer games for trade.

But, the sale of Gooxex points: That's where the genius of the business model lies -- there is a one-way conversion at an exchange rate set by the company, and the company that takes the money and gives you the points to redeem for a physical product isn't actually the entity providing the product. It has a 100% profit margin on every game "sold," less server fees. Spending $40 for those 800 Goozex points for a hot X-Box 360 game? That's all pure profit to the company; the seller of the game is rewarded with this additional "buying power" that, again, may or may not be subject to drastic inflation, and could become immediately valueless should there be a sudden exodus of member of the site.

Meanwhile, though, my first experiences with Goozex have been pleasant, but in the mean time, mmm, food for thought, food for thought.

well said nonetheless getting a free game is something to consider especially if you don't have to spare any cash on it...what have you got to loose?

I hope some of you guys continue trading on there, actually. There needs to be some goods introduced into the economy to keep pace with the magically appearing currency that gets immediately spent to take games out of it. =)

There are some nice trade in values though.... 1000 points for Mario & Sonic? 100 points for any crappy old PSX games? Not bad...

I've got Super Mario Sunshine headed my way. Pretty happy with that, though it's disk only (stupid Goozex automatic preferences). I added the game to my list, and while I added a few more, got matched.

Oh well. Free is free.

Slim, please refrain from posts like that.

EDIT: JJSP, do you REALLY need a CASE/MANUAL? I mean, it makes the shipping a $ less, and IMHO only 4 year olds need manuals, most people can understand a game, especially with tutorials in games now, and them being on google as well.

[quote name='Leek']Slim, please refrain from posts like that.

EDIT: JJSP, do you REALLY need a CASE/MANUAL? I mean, it makes the shipping a $ less, and IMHO only 4 year olds need manuals, most people can understand a game, especially with tutorials in games now, and them being on google as well.[/quote]
Sorry, but I didn't notice where it said "Mod" next to your name. My point is valid, my sincerest apologies if it is far over your head.

Don't worry, you'll take Economics in 11th or 12th grade. Hang in there.

Additionally, most CAGs prefer their items complete. We have a tendancy to take care of our games; if we wouldn't lose the case or manual ourselves, why would we want one that was lacking it to begin with?

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Sorry, but I didn't notice where it said "Mod" next to your name. My point is valid, my sincerest apologies if it is far over your head.

Don't worry, you'll take Economics in 11th or 12th grade. Hang in there.[/quote]
I'm not a mod. I think you need to get off the internet Gatsby. Get your eyes checked.

[quote name='Leek']I'm not a mod. I think you need to get off the internet Gatsby. Get your eyes checked.[/quote]

He meant that you can't tell him what to do. It's a forum; where people talk.

Get use to it.

Wow, a lot of assholery here all of a sudden. Relax, people. Tip for communicating, whether online or off: if you can get your point across WITHOUT insulting someone, then that's the way to do it. Otherwise you're just spreading hate around for no reason. And really, there's enough hate going around with us flaming each other.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Sorry, but I didn't notice where it said "Mod" next to your name. My point is valid, my sincerest apologies if it is far over your head.

Don't worry, you'll take Economics in 11th or 12th grade. Hang in there.
[/quote]

You'll find that Slim's point is completely valid and an important thing to consider when participating in something with such a fragile artificial economy like Goozex. The Goozex forums themselves are filled with intelligent discussion on the very same subject. The members and owners alike are aware of the risks.

It can be argued that even newer games flood the market and devalue the "point", as the game itself loses its value quickly, but the points theoretically retain the same value. I've found Goozex to be most effective for unloading mid-range games (200-400 points) and picking up tons of low-range games (100-200 points). When the point values are too high, the queues are too long and become convoluted due to everyone requesting a game but few people having the proper points/trades ready.

This service is GREAT, but NO way in HELL am I listing ANYTHING as long as they are giving away a 100 point FREE trade as someone can create 100 accounts and suck the games up for FREE, unless they plug that loophole, this site isn't gointg to work correctly, also it seems almost ALL good PC games that are a little old go down to 100 points thas crazy.

Never Gonna Give You Up. I live for that song. Reminds of me of the It's Always Sunny.

Question about Goozex though. Do people use bubble mailers for shipping? I found they have a printable thing if your only sending the game alone. I have my defaults at case, manuel, and disc for ship and receive.

[quote name='Treythalomew']Never Gonna Give You Up. I live for that song. Reminds of me of the It's Always Sunny.

Question about Goozex though. Do people use bubble mailers for shipping? I found they have a printable thing if your only sending the game alone. I have my defaults at case, manuel, and disc for ship and receive.[/quote]

Well, I recently got my full package game yesterday and it was shipped in a bubble envelope. I'd assume most would ship in bubble envelopes...? Considering, that is common sense for full package games >.> Unless, somehow they're actually sending you Rock Band Special Edition Bundle. :applause:

Goozex has been going strong doing this model for over a year, so yeah, it's equalized and found its balance. They're pretty good at hosing jerks who sign up multiple times.

Usually whenever something like "free games" with no intention of remaining a permanent member of Goozex is re-revealed on any forum such as CAG, you'll see many less 100 pt/200 pt games available on the system. Many will go on Hold until the commotion dies down. Also, if many people request 100 pt games, then you'll see that 100 pt game become a 150/200 pt game since the point value is a mixed formula including demand and supply. That's why many 100 pt games were bumped up after a seller rejected a 100 pt 'sale'.

Given that, 100 pts is purchased for $5. Shipping a game out would get you the 100 pts, but if you spend $2 shipping it then you're getting a net of $3 value for your complete game that you ship out. Just something to think about as a seller...

Slim, your points on the past few pages were relevant and should be taken into consideration by all. We don't want Goozex becoming the next SaySwap in terms of quality.

[quote name='Treythalomew']Never Gonna Give You Up. I live for that song. Reminds of me of the It's Always Sunny.

Question about Goozex though. Do people use bubble mailers for shipping? I found they have a printable thing if your only sending the game alone. I have my defaults at case, manuel, and disc for ship and receive.[/quote]

I would NOT use the printable envelope unless you had no other option. And even then I'd find a few pieces of cardboard to reinforce the package since a few people have received damaged disks in those print out envelopes.

I'm pretty sure that bubble wrap is needed. The loophole is pretty small, as you'd need a different address for each account, they track IP's ect As well, people are still gaining/losing money.

The supply and demand system is a little messed up, since when I ordered Halo 2, Halo was 150 pts. See the madness?

The song on my sig's and tainted-ones.com/b/ is indeed Never Gonna give you up. I'm part of a community called /b/, and we do certain things like that for "epic lulz" it's complicated but, you know.

As long as you include a case and bubble wrap, I don't think cardboard is needed.

[quote name='Treythalomew']
People can use whatever they want to ship - all that matters to Goozex is that the game arrives in the requested condition. I've gotten games in boxes, games in bubble mailers, and games in paper envelopes. Everything came through fine, but I was a little worried when one showed up disc-only in the envelope.
That's where the tip system comes in I guess - if someone does a great job packing your game or something, you can tip them. I've gotten a few tips because I tend to send out games that are still sealed and people are really surprised and happy about that.

i might actually use this site, since I do have some games that I know I won't play that are still sealed. Would be a good way to get Unreal Tournament without paying for it. Those who have used the site, what are the chances of getting a new release game around the launch date?

[quote name='ighosty']Those who have used the site, what are the chances of getting a new release game around the launch date?[/quote]
Nonexistent. The entire system is reliant on real people having a game and wanting to get rid of it. To get a new game around launch date, you would have to be first on the "want" list and someone else would have to have bought the game and immediately decided they didn't want it AND be willing to swap the game for intangible points. The chances of this are pretty slim, given that they could easily turn the game around for cost elsewhere online within a week or two of release.
Based on new releases I have requested, I'd say you're looking at one and a half to two months at the very least, and that's as long as you have enough points and trades when your turn comes up.

[quote name='SolidMetal']Lame. Somehow I lost all my points on my real account so i had to make another and they disabled it...[/quote] "Lost" all of your points? Terrible idea, why not just PM'd Goozex or e-mailed someone on the website? If you need help, I can help you with getting things straight, most people can understand your situation.

I put a game in a 6 by 9 bubble mailer and I was wondering if you guys go into the post office to mail it or if anyone knows about how many stamps it is. By now someone has to have it down pretty close right? Also do you only get your points for the trade if they are completely happy? I can imagine there are some anal people who will give negative feedback based on a scratch on a disc even if it still works perfectly.

I have a question that I can't really find an answer to. Do you have to pay $1 per trade regardless of if your the trader or the tradee? Does goozex make $2 on each transaction? I'm just confused.

So far, Im loving the site...just put up a bunch of my junk games hoping to get rid of them. I would appreciate any help anyone had to offer. thanks.

[quote name='Treythalomew']I put a game in a 6 by 9 bubble mailer and I was wondering if you guys go into the post office to mail it or if anyone knows about how many stamps it is. By now someone has to have it down pretty close right? Also do you only get your points for the trade if they are completely happy? I can imagine there are some anal people who will give negative feedback based on a scratch on a disc even if it still works perfectly.[/quote] I'm pretty sure as long as they receive a legal playable game you get your points. I read a post in their forums where person A ordered game A and person B sent person A game B with a note saying "Sorry I couldn't find game A, but I think you'd like game B." As long as you get at least a neutral feedback you get your points.

Also I always print out my shipping from Paypal. With DC (which is only $0.18 through PP) it is about $2.25, give or take, for a complete copy of a game.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']I have a question that I can't really find an answer to. Do you have to pay $1 per trade regardless of if your the trader or the tradee? Does goozex make $2 on each transaction? I'm just confused.

So far, Im loving the site...just put up a bunch of my junk games hoping to get rid of them. I would appreciate any help anyone had to offer. thanks.[/quote]
You don't have to use a trade credit to send out a game.

I missed the Halo 2 thing, what's the next best game I can get for 100? I can't really find any games, at this point I'm considering DOA Beach Volleyball. lol.

Question---say I get matched up. The seller never confirms, I get put back in line. Will it match me up with the same dick again?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Question---say I get matched up. The seller never confirms, I get put back in line. Will it match me up with the same dick again?[/quote]
I just had the same problem. I had signed up and made 2 trades and got points for one very quickly. Requested Puzzle Quest DS waited like a week for one to come available then it hung forever waiting on the seller to confirm and they denied so I went back into line. Finally got matched to a different person several days later and it's in the mail to me now supposedly. I requested another 360 game with the rest of my points and it was denied as well after I got matched up so I just went with NHL 07 instead.

One thing that sucks about Goozex is when you are new you have to wait for the person to leave you feedback before you get your points. I mailed out a 1000 point game and still have not received the points for it yet. Tomorrow is day 21 after I sent and thats when Goozex is supposed to credit you if the other person didn't respond. I looked at this clowns feedback and all his recent are system feedbacks....

Got my free game Devil May Cry 2 right away when I signed up. I'm pretty sure it was from a CAG from the name on their account but I never asked. ;)

BTW if anyone is going to sign up please use my referal link below i'd be ever so grateful. You will get 100 points (enough for a free game) and a free trade credit and i'll receive trade credits as well after you request a game. You also get 2 free trade credits after you send out your first game and get positive feedback. So far i've gotten 1 free game and 3 total trade credits since signing up. Thanks and sorry to spam for a referal. :D

[REF LINK REMOVED]

[quote name='shaveice']I missed the Halo 2 thing, what's the next best game I can get for 100? I can't really find any games, at this point I'm considering DOA Beach Volleyball. lol.[/quote]
The three games (all 100 points) I was considering was:

Half-Life (PS2)- I'm really into the orange box right now and I thought the original might be interesting.

Burnout 3: Takedown (XBX)- Supposed to be a really good arcade racer.

PoP: Warrior Within (GC)- Well, it's prince of persia!

I went with warrior within because I have not played a PoP game and I really like to play games on my gamecube. I already have a backlog on my 360 and I don't really play my ps2. So that is what I picked. I'm like 26 in line or something...but I can wait.

Question,
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/itemdetail.asp?item=36015

This is the link for a Xbox Live Starter Kit v2. It says that it offers 1 year of Live, which should work on the 360 right?

Will this work? I mean, I don't know how the whole goozex thing is. I dunno if they purchase the things and send them out. If the thing comes in used the code probably won't be any good. What you guys think?

If this doesn't work I'll probably pick up San Andreas. Xbox version trades for 9 @ GS supposedly, although I just want to get it so I can sell my PS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back