FREE GEARS OF WAR 2 GOLD PLATED LANCER!! and other marketplace stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could get you if there is a gap between the Lancer and the Map Pack download but alot of people couldn't find the map pack code. Also, There are some Limited Editions still in stores and alot of people care about the features and not the gun itself. So, someone could of bought it and gave the code to a friend.

MS can't 'strip' anything from your hard drive. They have no way of telling for sure. A friend could have given me a lancer code like they did with a hammerburst one. Paranoia is creeping in on some of you.

The best they can do is ban the people that did it, but then they'd be banning people for their own mistake, making themselves look bad in the process.

I'm surprised no one has seen if they can find any other upcoming XBLA games...hint hint.

Hey everyone, I have a code for the gamestop exclusive theme available for trade or whatnot. Hit me up. This is like a real code, not a link : )

Well one person here actually said they called Microsoft to see if there were other things they could get for free.

Tactical Edge appears to have downloaded to my 360 but the M1A1 still appears to be locked in the game. Anyone get it to work?

it says that i need 99,999 microsoft points, and it isnt letting me download it because of that what do i do about that?

[quote name='slugbug']Tactical Edge appears to have downloaded to my 360 but the M1A1 still appears to be locked in the game. Anyone get it to work?[/QUOTE]

You have to use the rifleman class for the gun. You don't get to play around with the gun otherwise until level 65.

[quote name='cin84_12']Seems that not so smart people were posting this on the CoD and Gears forums. How dumb can you be?[/QUOTE]

Actually it was people from CAGers that posted that deal in other forums. Did they not realized that posting an exploit like this is going kill it?

[quote name='KingBroly']Well one person here actually said they called Microsoft to see if there were other things they could get for free.[/QUOTE]

I think that person was joking

[quote name='btf21']it says that i need 99,999 microsoft points, and it isnt letting me download it because of that what do i do about that?[/QUOTE]

You are too late, deal is over.

I heard that they were going to be Ip Banning people for doing this. Which is really stupid. I shouldn't be punished for one of there own screw ups.

[quote name='Flame Killa']I heard that they were going to be Ip Banning people for doing this. Which is really stupid. I shouldn't be punished for one of there own screw ups.[/QUOTE]

they are not going to do that. The lost maybe a few hundred points per person and they are going to stop people from spending more money in the future?

[quote name='62t']they are not going to do that. The lost maybe a few hundred points per person and they are going to stop people from spending more money in the future?[/QUOTE]

They didnt lose anything. everything was an exclusive that was not going to be for sale.

[quote name='BarbblerElf']They didnt lose anything. everything was an exclusive that was not going to be for sale.[/QUOTE]

The Gold Lancer would be an incentive for people to get LE of GOW2.

[quote name='Flame Killa']I heard that they were going to be Ip Banning people for doing this. Which is really stupid. I shouldn't be punished for one of there own screw ups.[/quote]

Where did you here this? I have been using my golden lancer since yersterday online.

Link?

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']Where did you here this? I have been using my golden lancer since yersterday online.

Link?[/quote]

He probably saw this article but didn't bother reading it. Or he failed reading comprehension.:bouncy:

I really don't ever see them punishing those who got in on this whole "deal." Some of the people that took advantage of it likely didn't even realize that what they were doing was wrong.

Cant believe I missed this. I love scamming MS. Free Lost odyssey double pack atleast! Score! :cool:

I love how people are so crazy about Gold weapons. Easier targets :p

[quote name='Metalic']Cant believe I missed this. I love scamming MS. Free Lost odyssey double pack atleast! Score! :cool:

I love how people are so crazy about Gold weapons. Easier targets :p[/quote]

Gold weapons for Horde only ..............Lol! (not crazed but it's free)

You will prolly be banned in the next couple days. Should happen after a few login attempts.

The only way you could possibly prevent it would be to format your HDD.

[quote name='Rig']You will prolly be banned in the next couple days. Should happen after a few login attempts.

The only way you could possibly prevent it would be to format your HDD.[/quote]

lol, i wonder how many people are going to do this because of this reply.

Unless you're paranoid, Microsoft isn't going to be doing a mass banning. Really, they screwed up big time with this. They should have made sure the items they didn't want listed didn't show up. Even if they did, they should have at least listed them for 10 billion points or something.

[quote name='Shady3011']Unless you're paranoid, Microsoft isn't going to be doing a mass banning. Really, they screwed up big time with this. They should have made sure the items they didn't want listed didn't show up. Even if they did, they should have at least listed them for 10 billion points or something.[/quote]

Yup. It would be downright stupid of MS to ban people over this. The majority of people that care about the Golden Lancer are people who play online and banning these people would just be losing money for Microsoft.

Think about this:
- The only benefit to the Golden Lancer is when you play online
- You need a valid copy of the game, an unbanned console, and Gold service to play online (Hence in good standing with MS)
- Most people aren't buying the LE just for the Gold Lancer
- You can eventually unlock the Gold Lancer without buying the LE, which means there is no real loss of profit.

That being said, banning people over this would never happen.

[quote name='Rig']You will prolly be banned in the next couple days. Should happen after a few login attempts.

The only way you could possibly prevent it would be to format your HDD.[/quote]

I just got an e-mail from MS cautioning me to do exactly this. They said I have until November 30th, or I will be unable to log on for a week.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']- You can eventually unlock the Gold Lancer without buying the LE, which means there is no real loss of profit.[/quote]

I don't believe you can. It's supposed to be exclusive to the Limited Edtion. But you are right about there being no real loss of profit now.

[quote name='help1']I just got an e-mail from MS cautioning me to do exactly this. They said I have until November 30th, or I will be unable to log on for a week.[/quote]

lol, screenshot please.

[quote name='GuardianE']I don't believe you can. It's supposed to be exclusive to the Limited Edtion. But you are right about there being no real loss of profit now.[/quote]

You're supposed to be able to unlock it by beating the game on Insane or something like that.

[quote name='help1']I just got an e-mail from MS cautioning me to do exactly this. They said I have until November 30th, or I will be unable to log on for a week.[/QUOTE]

not really

[quote name='DrBrianFields']You're supposed to be able to unlock it by beating the game on Insane or something like that.[/quote]

There's been no official confirmation that you can unlock the golden weapons in game. If it were possible, I'm pretty sure someone would have done it by now who did not have a golden weapon.

is anyone having trouble saving the golden lancer as their default weapon? Everytime i try to save it as the default it keeps getting reset back to the regular lancer

[quote name='help1']I just got an e-mail from MS cautioning me to do exactly this. They said I have until November 30th, or I will be unable to log on for a week.[/quote]
Even if this was so, you are to blame for spreading the word and putting your gamertag out there. If I'm correct you are the one that spread it to gamefaqs through a huge thread that got everyone's attention.

[quote name='decrot']is anyone having trouble saving the golden lancer as their default weapon? Everytime i try to save it as the default it keeps getting reset back to the regular lancer[/quote]
I'm having the same problem but it doesn't bother me that bad because all I have to do is hit the right bumper.

[quote name='Cheatmaster8']Even if this was so, you are to blame for spreading the word and putting your gamertag out there. If I'm correct you are the one that spread it to gamefaqs through a huge thread that got everyone's attention.[/quote]

First off, I was kidding. Gosh, you kids are irritable.
Second, I posted it on GameFAQs. Sue me.

Most people that share on other sites do it to gain a better reputation on that site. However, as we all know, spreading underground deals around popular viewed sites such as IGN/Gamespot/whatever, it will obviously be killed -- next time, people should use their heads and not post it on popular sites; although the deal would be killed some time or another, its death would be prolonged.

This is one of the many ups and downs of CAG. Too many leechers and lurkers viewing the forum.

Anyway, I could have used this, but I guess I was too late. oh well. :D

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']I'm having the same problem but it doesn't bother me that bad because all I have to do is hit the right bumper.[/quote]
huh looks like im not the only one. is it possible that its because we didnt actually get the LE and microsoft is onto us?

[quote name='decrot']huh looks like im not the only one. is it possible that its because we didnt actually get the LE and microsoft is onto us?[/quote]
It looks like even people who bought the LE are having problems before his whole thing broke out. Linky

[quote name='help1']First off, I was kidding. Gosh, you kids are irritable.
Second, I posted it on GameFAQs. Sue me.[/quote]

You should probably stay on that asinine board then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back