Free IP Relaying through AIM... pretty cool

ex0

CAGiversary!
If you IM "My IP Relay" on AIM, you can type messages to them in the chatbox and they will make the phone call to the number you specify, say what you want them to say, and then they will type out any responses that the person says. This is all free and it's pretty cool to try out, and they can even TTY it if the person is Deaf.
Once you get an operator (takes like 30 secs- a minute), you type the phone number (with 1 and the area code in front) then a spac,e then "GA". You then type "GA" at the end of every message to let them know you are done talking.
Just thought I would share this cool (and best of all free) service with you all.

yeah i'm deaf and use ip relay all time you can go to www.ip-relay.com and call anywhere anytime, long distance free. no charge. i use it all the time since i'm deaf. When you're speaking to operating, go ahead give a phone number they will call for you, then you respond everyhing with a GA which means Go Ahead then when you're done with the phone call say SK mean Stop Keying. pretty cool.. check it out on..

http://www.ip-relay.com

There others as well like

http://www.sprintrelayonline.com

ATT has one too but i'm not sure where at the moment.

Ahhh man... i cant believe i just did that... i feel so bad i wasted that much time calling myself... and typing/talking to myself....

this really should be ONLY used for those in need... or are deaf or handicapped.

this is very cool ex0.... but not to play around with....

i urge all CAGers not to waste this service....

leave it to those who need it.

Ahhh man... i cant believe i just did that... i feel so bad i wasted that much time calling myself... and typing/talking to myself....

LOL!

I've used it to call back numbers that call my cell that I don't recognize. For everything else.. I use XBox Live :p

I love getting relay calls at work. It's so cool. The operator is always some old woman who knows not a thing about games. The deaf person and I will always wind up in a nerdy conversation. Now imagine having to type out that conversation. I love it.

I have gotten wasted with my friends before and made a ton of prank calls with it, it was hilarious because they will say anything. It is a good service for handicapped, so I stopped using it for my own entertainment.

I got one of these calls from a friend a couple weeks back. I had no idea who or what it was at first and freaked the hell out of me because my friend was typing in all this weird stuff for the operator to say and I had just gone to bed. Kind of feel sorry for the operator though, having to repeat some of the nonsense people type in ims.

[quote name='uoweme']I got one of these calls from a friend a couple weeks back. I had no idea who or what it was at first and freaked the hell out of me because my friend was typing in all this weird stuff for the operator to say and I had just gone to bed. Kind of feel sorry for the operator though, having to repeat some of the nonsense people type in ims.[/quote]
I actually do this for a job. We get people all the time that just want us to swear or say perverted things to each other. It's really no skin off my nose, I've had a lot worse jobs before. Plus we report "prank" calls to the government since they fund the service. Something to keep in mind when your friend uses this to call you, we don't have his information, but we do have yours.

bread's done
Back