Free MAG PS3 Beta

[quote name='FrankieFiero']Got one... was able to redeem it on the web, download after work.[/QUOTE]
This

Thanks!!

Seems the codes are all the same? I tried from 3 different computers and got one that ended in JAPH.

Anyone confirm?

[quote name='Triz']Seems the codes are all the same? I tried from 3 different computers and got one that ended in JAPH.

Anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

Did you use the same PSN account? I think it's tied to your account.

OP, I love you so much right now. Always wanted to give this a try, and now i got BC2 and MAG all thanks to CAG! Hey that last part rhymes :D

I looked at it and it was 240mb and i thought "no way."

And after DL and installing it's downloading a 2gb file...that you can't pause or download in the background.

fuck

[quote name='vx2']I looked at it and it was 240mb and i thought "no way."

And after DL and installing it's downloading a 2gb file...that you can't pause or download in the background.

fuck[/QUOTE]

Gotta love PSN downloads!

Thanks OP, love you!

I wonder if it's the "Gamestop" version of the Beta, or if it's the original Beta that was available? I ask because I had the original Beta (played it once or twice- wasn't that thrilled with the game), and deleted it because I was no longer able to access it. There was a message saying that it would be re-opened for people who preordered the game from Gamestop.

Any info about this would be appreciated. It'll save me the time (and PS3 HD space) to redownload it.

got mine thanks OP
from what I've read it's a new version of the beta that isn't able to be updated from the last version

When reading the thread I thought there was no way this would work as usually Betas you have to stalk to get one but I clicked the link and boom I got one...early Christmas present IMO.

Thanks.

[quote name='darthballz']Thanks OP. Less than 300mb! Finally a PS3 download that won't take forever. Now, to find some time to actually play.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's another 1.8 GB to download once you fire that up though....

[quote name='mkernan']Yeah, there's another 1.8 GB to download once you fire that up though....[/QUOTE]

Yep. Hence the reason I asked if this is the "Gamestop" version of the Beta or not? I believe it took me over an hour to download the update when I had the Beta previously.

[quote name='darthballz']Thanks OP. Less than 300mb! Finally a PS3 download that won't take forever. [/QUOTE]

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahaahhahahhaah!

(he doesn't know!)

Got myself a code as well, Many Thanks OP!

I hope it is a updated version. Can someone please confirm?

Is this Beta running 24/7 now? the previous one was only a few hours a day and not on weekends....:whistle2:k

[quote name='mkernan']Yeah, there's another 1.8 GB to download once you fire that up though....[/QUOTE]
Yep. 1.8 GB on top of the system update (DL, install and restart) I had to do before that even started to DL. I ended up going to be before I even got to play it. Now I am headed to the parent's for Turkey Day and wont even get to try before Saturday. :bomb:

[quote name='Viol8tor']Got myself a code as well, Many Thanks OP!

I hope it is a updated version. Can someone please confirm?

Is this Beta running 24/7 now? the previous one was only a few hours a day and not on weekends....:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Oh, dear god. I'm downloading right now as we speak, I hope its not like that I barely had a chance to play because of that reason.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Yep. 1.8 GB on top of the system update (DL, install and restart) I had to do before that even started to DL. I ended up going to be before I even got to play it. Now I am headed to the parent's for Turkey Day and wont even get to try before Saturday. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Oh man this is one monster download...

Anyone know when the 'hours' to play are?

Sorry, there are no more MAG Beta codes available. Please check blog.MAG.com for additional MAG Beta code opportunities.

WTF!

There will be a new batch of codes released today (Wednesday) at 3pm Pacific, on the site's blog according to the last entry. In other words, just a few hours from now.

[quote name='ccohen322']Glad everyone managed to grab one. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

I didn't. :-({|=
But I'll get one in about 45 minutes hopefully. :twoguns:

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back