free makeup

Lucci YaYo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
time for cags to cash in to get free gifts for our girlfriends that halo 3 gears of war and call of duty make us neglect

NEW YORK -- Several high-end department store chains and regular retail stores across the U.S. are handing out free cosmetics, skin care products and perfumes starting Tuesday morning as a settlement in a five-year-old lawsuit involving price-fixing, according to announcements by Federated Department Stores, Macy's, Target, Nordstrom's and several other stores.

The action follows a February, 2004 class action settlement filed on behalf of consumers who purchased cosmetics between May, 1994 and July, 2003, according to a news release from Federated Department stores and the Web site Cosmetics Settlement
High-profile stores, like Nordstrom and Nieman Marcus, and regular outlets, like Target, also were named in the lawsuit and, although they are all handing out cosmetics, they have claimed no wrongdoing.
As part of the lawsuit's settlement, $175 million worth of cosmetics will be given away, one per person, in a first-come, first-served basis.
Stores & Products
Consumers will be able to choose one item per person as long as supplies last. At some Macy's stores, for example, the free products will be set on tables in the cosmetics department so consumers can just take them from there.
Name brands being given away include Chanel, L'Oreal, Estée Lauder, Clinique, Lancome, Clarins, Guerlain, Givenchy, Boucheron, Cody, Calvin Klein and Christian Dior.
The products involve mascara, skin care, moisturizers and fragrances, according to the Macy's release.
The offer will last until all of the products in a particular store are given out.
Consumers are not required to show proof of purchase but some retail stores may require the customers to sign a certification sheet, acknowledging that they purchased the products previously.
The following is a list of stores participating in the cosmetics settlement giveaway:
  • Bergdorf Goodman
  • Bergner's
  • Bloomingdale's
  • Boston Store
  • Carson Pirie Scott
  • Dillard's
  • Gottschalks
  • Herberger's
  • Macy's
  • Neiman Marcus
  • Nordstrom
  • Parisian
  • Saks Fifth Avenue
  • Younkers
The following is the list of retail defendants and the chains they operated at the time of the 2004 settlement:
Dillard's Inc.: Dillard's, Maison Blanche, Gayfers, J.B. White, Castner Knott, Bacons, McAlpin's, Lion, Root's, The Jones Store Company, Joslins, Hennessy's, de Lendrecie's, Glass Block;
Federated Department Stores Inc.: Macy's East, Jordan Marsh, Macy's West, Bullock's, Rich's, Lazarus, Goldsmith's, Burdines, Bloomingdale's, The Bon Marche, Stern's, Broadway, Emporium, Weinstock's, Abraham & Strauss;
Gottschalks Inc.: Gottschalks, Gottschalks Inc., Harris-Gottschalks;
The May Department Stores Company: Filene's, Kaufmann's, Lord & Taylor, Hecht's, Strawbridge's, Famous-Barr, The Jones Store, Foley's, Robinsons-May, Meier & Frank;
The Neiman Marcus Group Inc.: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus Direct, Neiman Marcus Online;
Nordstrom Inc.: Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Façonnable;
Saks Incorporated: Saks Fifth Avenue, Parisian, Proffitt's, McRae's, Younkers, Herberger's, Carson Pirie Scott, Bergner's, Boston Store; and
Target Corporation: Hudson's, Dayton's, Marshall Field's and Target.

© 2008 WKYC-TV

Thanks OP. I told my g/f about it and she's really excited. We are going to head over to Macy's tomorrow and see about get one of the free products.

I went today as well. Macy's was definitely the easiest place to get in and out. They just had a table out, a pad to sign, and I just walked out with item of choice. Dillard's was a little more hetic, but had a wider variety of stuff.

Can't believe there are guys out there who's willing to brave it out to the comestic department and fight the female crowds for free make-up. Kuddos for all of you.

Didn't bother going since I know it'll be cleaned out by the time I get there after work.

Macy's did theirs inside of the mall with which they're connected. It really wasn't advertised as to what the purpose of it was -- I think people just saw a commotion and were lining up haha. Some good stuff though, I picked up Armani Code body wash and my girlfriend got Chanel lotion and Dior perfume.

bread's done
Back