Free Marine Corps gear

moleman

CAGiversary!
yes you have to fill out a form and stuff, and they might give you a phone call, but the stuff actually does come because they sent my Dogtags priority mail in a week.

the site is www.marines.com/thecall

the form will pop up, and you get to choose from a Tshirt (sizes from small to XXL) A watch, and a wristband.

it's worth a shot.

[quote name='vera']they will call often and will visit your house as well.

(former Marine here)[/QUOTE]

He is not lying... they will call and pay you a visit.

(former Marine here)[/quote]

That's the killer, no way I'm doing this then. Thanks anyways OP.

[quote name='atomsk']So what? they go to your house, you tell them to GTFO. what's the problem?[/quote]

From what I heard, they don't give up that easy. I have heard of them calling more than once in many cases.

When they show up just wear your t-shirt and greet them at the door all retarded like. Then walk around with a severe limp. They'll never call you again.

[quote name='kaw']When they show up just wear your t-shirt and greet them at the door all retarded like. Then walk around with a severe limp. They'll never call you again.[/quote]

Lol, that's one way I guess. Seriously though, these recruiters can be sneaky asshole, so be careful. Oh and don't sign anything like a dip shit.

I did the "free stuff from military" before, probably around 2000. They called once, I talked to him all civil like, but when I told him about my ankle (I had broke it a couple of years before and it still bothered me) he said "Well that right there would disqualify you." Never heard from them again.

I ALMOST went to the Marines after high-school after my friend had signed me up. I never really had any intention of joining the Armed Forces, because I wanted to go to college and I knew that it was not for me. Long story short, after my friend signed me up they picked me up at my house and took me to the recruiting station and asked me all sorts of questions. I did not know how to get out of it because I was so naive, so I finally told them no; they did not stop. They will call and harass you forever. The time and aggrevation are not worth a t-shirt and wrist band, just me 2 cents.

I wonder what would happen if I signed up for this and when they did the pressure calls and what not if I told them I am already in the Air Force and have been since '99.

[quote name='matth00lt']I wonder what would happen if I signed up for this and when they did the pressure calls and what not if I told them I am already in the Air Force and have been since '99.[/quote]
They can look you up...

[quote name='help1']From what I heard, they don't give up that easy. I have heard of them calling more than once in many cases.[/quote]

I'm scared now. I'd block them from calling me :D

[quote name='help1']From what I heard, they don't give up that easy. I have heard of them calling more than once in many cases.[/QUOTE]

Great. I'm definitely not doing this then. The Army already calls every week or so and no matter how many times I say "Not interested, stop calling" they do indeed just call again.

I don't need both of them calling me.

[quote name='hec204']They can look you up...[/quote]
I realize this, and they would find that I'm and E-5 and have been in since '99.

I have never signed up for any of these, and I get constant calls from the Marines. I tell them every time they call that I am not interested in joining, and still they call back trying to persuade me to join.

Any chance we can get these types of threads banned? No offense to the op, he is just trying to spread a "deal." But trust me, this is not a pleasant process. You WILL be harassed. And this is worse than any sales man, because they know your situation very well. I love America as much as the next guy, but these prizes are terrible anyway. The watch is comparable to what you can get from a machine at the supermarket where you put in 2 quarters and turn the wheel. T shirt and a key chain. Again a big deal.

My 2c, stay way. This is far from a deal.

Wow, aren't you guys lovely? You fill out a form requesting more information and don't expect to get a lot of calls from them? It's their job to get people to join. We are at war, and we need people. Second off, most of them aren't as bad as you guys make them out to be. My recruiters around my house are pretty nice guys who have a tough job. I was in the Air Force so I know how recruiters go.

Recruiter have to meet a quota, it's like any other sales job. Kinda sad really. It all depends on your local recuiters, and how far off from their quota they are. Back when I was interested, the army called once and I met up with them, they were nice. But the Marines kept calling my home and even at work. They stopped after a while though.

tell them you have asthma or are on anti depression medcines, the two main disqualifiers for the military, i was booted from the airforce because they tested me for asthma after i passed out on the drill pad

yeah i did this thing for a t-shirt way back when
they called a few times, and sent out a recruiter to my home
i just told him i thought one of my friends did it to me as a practical joke

i wouldn't do this again xP

I'm a going-on-senior in High School. HATEEEE when any armed forces people call my house and I'm foolish enough to pick up.

I'm not doing anything to increase those calls.

I signed up for the free copy of America's Army for PC years ago from the Army site. Every since then this mid 40's recruiter calls my house usually 4-5 times a year and wants me to come downtown and chat with her. She also flirts heavily. I got invited to dinner the second time she called, then she just made general calls when I turned her down. Never again.

With my luck she'd spike my wine with something, I'd pass out, and wake up in a humvee in Fallujah.

Just start talking to inanimate objects while on the phone. Like, start yelling at the door to stop talking to you. They'll hang up real fast. Works great on telemarketers too.

[quote name='ryanflucas']I signed up for the free copy of America's Army for PC years ago from the Army site. Every since then this mid 40's recruiter calls my house usually 4-5 times a year and wants me to come downtown and chat with her. She also flirts heavily. I got invited to dinner the second time she called, then she just made general calls when I turned her down. Never again.

With my luck she'd spike my wine with something, I'd pass out, and wake up in a humvee in Fallujah.[/quote]:lol:

"I want to learn more about: Musician Opportunities" ???

If everyone here agrees that they want nothing to do with the marines, why would you even think about wanting cheap marines swag?? It should be about as appealing to most of us as an "I BROKEmyBACK on the Mountain" T-shirt. Not a hard decision here...

vilanch.jpg
...well, for some of us.

UPDATE: I wonder if the "I'm a gay" line would work for stopping the phone calls/visits. I'm sure if you add "please come visit me" the calls will stop cold.

(former Marine here)[/QUOTE]

Then you should know there are no FORMER Marines, only retired ones :)

[quote name='atomsk']So what? they go to your house, you tell them to GTFO. what's the problem?[/QUOTE]

Just had to jump in here and say I would love to see you say that to a marine, you terd...

"Oh my, is that a M1911?"
"Yep, standard issue."
"Oh boy, where do I sign?"
"Hey, are you even 18?"
"Yeah, I uhhh...have that Webster disease..."
"Oh, alright. Hey, you get a $50 bonus if you sign up a friend."
"Oh ho, I know a certain someone who's gonna be surprised."

[quote name='Quintox']I couldn't go, I'm blind w/o my contacts :)[/quote]
Yeah, thankfully my reliance upon my glasses exempts me, among other things.

[quote name='Halo05']No, no, no...

There are former Marines. There are no Ex-Marines.[/QUOTE]

While some will say they are former Marines, they're not living up to the motto..Once a Marine always a Marine.

[quote name='Kerig']"I want to learn more about: Musician Opportunities" ???
[/quote]

There are eleven active duty Marine Corps field bands and one civilian corps. The eleven active duty bands are composed of United States Marines who attend bootcamp and then "A" school at the Navy School of Music in Norfolk, Virginia.

The President's Own is a military corps band. Members of "The President's Own" are active duty members of the United States Marine Corps, serving under a 4-year Marine Band only contract for military service, however they do not attend Marine Corps recruit training.

"The President's Own" also includes the Marine Chamber Orchestra and Marine Chamber Ensembles. The band is separate from its sister Drum and Bugle Corps, "The Commandant's Own".

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Band

bread's done
Back