Free Mass Effect 2 DLC from Dr. Pepper Promo

Warlock82

CAGiversary!
If anyone wants the Dr. Pepper Mass Effect 2 items, I found this topic over at the Bioware forums:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/919782/1

The codes:
CBEEAAA41NWH
CBEEAAAE4L9N
CBEEAAAFQG9J
CBEEAAAE98ZV

Apparently these are re-usable (anyone can use them in other words), but you can only use one per drpepper.com account. The trick to get around that is you can register 3 different accounts to use 3 codes - just make sure you log into the same EA account when you redeem the item.

To redeem these, go here:
http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/signin/

Create an account and enter the code (I picked "No Purchase" for the three questions it asks, but I don't think this even matters). There should be a "redeem" button that will take you to an EA Account login - make sure you log in using the EA account you have linked to Mass Effect 2.

Then once you're logged in, pick Mass Effect 2 from the game list and pick the item you want. To get the other two items, just create new drpepper.com accounts (e-mail doesn't matter, I don't even think it requires you to click a "confirm registration" link) and sign in to the same EA account when you get to that point.

Here are some pictures of the three items:
full-sentry-interface.png

full-recon-hood.png

full-umbra-visor.png

This may work for the other EA games in the promotion, I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I logged in through like 20 sites (ea, dr pepper and bioware, ok so 3) and it just took me to the bioware social network site. Does that mean I activated it? or did click the wrong link?

[quote name='tankass']Ok, I logged in through like 20 sites (ea, dr pepper and bioware, ok so 3) and it just took me to the bioware social network site. Does that mean I activated it? or did click the wrong link?[/QUOTE]

There should have been a list on the Bioware social site of DLC items linked to your EA Account which should include the Dr. Pepper item you picked.

Picked up all 3. Pisser that you have to have the Cerberus network for it, as I'm just renting it for now. I'll pick it up later... but didn't feel like spending $60 on it.

[quote name='gorgo']cool! anyone know the specs on these?[/QUOTE]

Umbra Visor - 5% to power damage
Recon Hood - 5% to weapon damage
Sentry Interface - 5% to shields

nice.. already had bought one dr pepper so i had one of the prizes... just got another using a code above..

will have to register a new email to get the last one..

Thanks OP, grabbed all 3 items.

Now I just need an EA rep (if are there any CAG EA reps that can help, please PM me!) to help me get some promo Dragon Age DLC content, that is no longer available, unlocked on my EA account.

Sweet OP, thanks! Easy to get all 3, going to go well with my dragon armor when I finally get around to getting this game. I love free DLC, I hope more promos like this happen.

[quote name='alexanderpink']Sweet OP, thanks! Easy to get all 3, going to go well with my dragon armor when I finally get around to getting this game. I love free DLC, I hope more promos like this happen.[/QUOTE]

Sadly you can't use them with the dragon armor. Bioware stupidly made all of their pre-order DLC armor "full suits" that can't be mixed and matched with other pieces (you can't even remove the helmet). So Blood Dragon Armor, Inferno Armor, Collector's Armor and Terminus Armor all are full suits :(

Great find OP. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to go drink Dr. Pepper for these items, and you provided a way for me to do it. Thanks!

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Great find OP. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to go drink Dr. Pepper for these items, and you provided a way for me to do it. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Know what you mean :) I don't like it personally. I bought two this weekend and just gave them to my family. This worked out nice to get my third piece. Still have no idea why EA picked Dr. Pepper of all companies. Coke or Pepsi have a much more diverse selection of soft drinks...

Thanks all 3 worked for me. Idk if I will actually use them though because I hate how the helmets and visors stay on during conversations so I have been running helmet less for the 30 hours I have been playing.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Thanks all 3 worked for me. Idk if I will actually use them though because I hate how the helmets and visors stay on during conversations so I have been running helmet less for the 30 hours I have been playing.[/QUOTE]

I agree, though I found the Sentry Interface one is fairly tolerable since you can still see Shepard's face (despite the picture, it is semi-translucent so you can even see the eyes)

Nice, that ought to get rid of the whiners and ragers who didnt catch the 10+ free DLC's when they were up the night before ME2 came out.

Yeah the helmets are definitely annoying. I was using the recon hood on my female shepard, looking pretty awesome I thought. She looks stupid in cutscenes though, ones with actual emotion and movement. I did use a regular item that increases your headshot damage, but as I hardly headshot, I switched to the sentry visor. It's the most unobtrusive head item I have that still actually helps.

It seems like you do have to sign up for the BioWare Social Network to finalize it all, but someone should please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd just like to point out that you can verify it all went through in the Social Network Control Panel on the left hand side. Navigate to Profile -> Your registered game promotions and it should have them listed. It actually shows one of each DLC for both PC and Xbox 360 separately.

Not sure I'm a fan of a BioWare facebook. Has anyone actually used this much? I thought I read it was supposed to be a part of the experience for Dragon Age: Origins. I'd be interested to hear what people think of it. I still haven't been able to get myself into any social networking with any enthusiasm yet, but I'm just curious anyways :).

[quote name='Crazyhowie']It seems like you do have to sign up for the BioWare Social Network to finalize it all, but someone should please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd just like to point out that you can verify it all went through in the Social Network Control Panel on the left hand side. Navigate to Profile -> Your registered game promotions and it should have them listed. It actually shows one of each DLC for both PC and Xbox 360 separately.

Not sure I'm a fan of a BioWare facebook. Has anyone actually used this much? I thought I read it was supposed to be a part of the experience for Dragon Age: Origins. I'd be interested to hear what people think of it. I still haven't been able to get myself into any social networking with any enthusiasm yet, but I'm just curious anyways :).[/QUOTE]

I've only used the forums on it - they are *ok*. I actually got bored last night and made this picture to put in my sig over there:

masseffectfavpost_lg.gif

Only they squish your sig so I had to use this one instead:
masseffectfavpost_long.gif

Man, this whole EA connecting the world thing is pissing me off, Having to logon, reset, remember too many friggin accounts, screen names, blah blah!!

And did I mention the fact that DLC cannot be shared between XBLA accounts on the same xbox. The cerebus network associates to a single XBLA account. I hate EA.

got all three, l feel better about missing out on that dlc leak back before the game released

[quote name='thaima1shu']Just decided to get the Sentry Visor as that's the only one that I wanted, really. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Same here, they look a bit like futuristic sun glasses. Want to see how they look on my femshep.

I couldn't find these EA Dr Pepper bottles near me (not that I made a huge effort to find them) so thanks OP for the codes and saving me some hassle.

Since I can only wear one at a time, I only ordered the Recon Hood - goes well with my playing style.

Thanks Warlock!

I also nabbed all 3 so thanks OP! I like Dr. Pepper but haven't been to the store yet to get any. This saves me the trouble. The gas station I went to today didn't have Dr. Pepper which angered me so right now I'm drinking Sunkist. :)

bread's done
Back