Free Mass Effect 2 DLC from Dr. Pepper Promo

Warlock82

CAGiversary!
If anyone wants the Dr. Pepper Mass Effect 2 items, I found this topic over at the Bioware forums:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/919782/1

The codes:
CBEEAAA41NWH
CBEEAAAE4L9N
CBEEAAAFQG9J
CBEEAAAE98ZV

Apparently these are re-usable (anyone can use them in other words), but you can only use one per drpepper.com account. The trick to get around that is you can register 3 different accounts to use 3 codes - just make sure you log into the same EA account when you redeem the item.

To redeem these, go here:
http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/signin/

Create an account and enter the code (I picked "No Purchase" for the three questions it asks, but I don't think this even matters). There should be a "redeem" button that will take you to an EA Account login - make sure you log in using the EA account you have linked to Mass Effect 2.

Then once you're logged in, pick Mass Effect 2 from the game list and pick the item you want. To get the other two items, just create new drpepper.com accounts (e-mail doesn't matter, I don't even think it requires you to click a "confirm registration" link) and sign in to the same EA account when you get to that point.

Here are some pictures of the three items:
full-sentry-interface.png

full-recon-hood.png

full-umbra-visor.png

This may work for the other EA games in the promotion, I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bbbc']Thanks!

Now to wait for BC2![/QUOTE]

If I associate the codes with my EA Account, must I immediately use them to download content, or can I use them down the road when other games (BFBC 2, Medal of Honor, etc.) are part of the promotion?

Thanks.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']If I associate the codes with my EA Account, must I immediately use them to download content, or can I use them down the road when other games (BFBC 2, Medal of Honor, etc.) are part of the promotion?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Update- I just entered my first code, and it clearly states that you can either redeem the code offer immediately, or choose to wait until a later time to do so. The code will remain associated with your account to use.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']If I associate the codes with my EA Account, must I immediately use them to download content, or can I use them down the road when other games (BFBC 2, Medal of Honor, etc.) are part of the promotion?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You can wait. Just don't click the redeem prize button. The prize tokens will stay in your Dr. Pepper account.

Thank you so much, I dont think the promo was even in Canada so without this I wouldn't have had he opportunity. Much appreciated

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Update- I just entered my first code, and it clearly states that you can either redeem the code offer immediately, or choose to wait until a later time to do so. The code will remain associated with your account to use.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I used code 1 three times, so no problem ... as long as you make a new Dr. Pepper account each time it doesn't matter.

thanks OP, in for all 3. Collector's Edition will arrive any day now from Amazon; not like I have any time to play it until late April...

Nice find, in for all three. Should go nicely with my Terminus Armor and Inferno Armor once I get the latter from Amazon.

has anyone else had problems redeeming these lately?

I put in the codes, or try to sign in, and all I get is a black screen. I've tried in IE, firefox, and safari, on PC and mac, with no luck whatsoever. Is the site down/messed up or something?

Thanks got the Hood. I will be a soldier again whenever I plan to pickup the copy for PC (waiting for prices to drop in next few months).

Awesome thanks. Wife likes Dr P but not me, so nice way to grab it without searching for specific bottles. She definitely drinks enough to have earned it.

Thanks OP. Just downloaded one item, didn't feel the need for all of them, and didn't feel like jumping through hoops to get all 3.

So I've got these input and linked all to one bioware account, and they are registered in my bioware account, but how do I get them on my xbox? Just activate Cerebrus?

[quote name='kapkorn']"The trick to get around that is you can register 3 different accounts to use 3 codes - just make sure you log into the same EA account when you redeem the item."[/QUOTE]

Awesome - got all 3 - thank you!!!

..now i just have to get the game - probably will be a while since im waiting for my pre-ordered bioshock 2 and still have fallout 3 GOTY to play..

Mad props on this. Big ME2 lover but I don't drink much soda and definitely not Dr. Pepper. Nice to have more of the dlc.

anyone else clicking the link and getting redirected to the dr pepper mobile site? once there, no way to get to anything ME2/EA related. wtf!!! :(

[quote name='drktrpr1']Nice, I've got every current piece of ME2 DLC! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I think I have it all as well. I did a search, but couldn't find a complete list. Is this right?

Collectors armor and gun
Terminus armor and gun
Inferno armor
3 Dr. Pepper pieces of content
Zaheed mission
Normandy Crash Pack

[quote name='LuisRM']I think I have it all as well. I did a search, but couldn't find a complete list. Is this right?

Collectors armor and gun
Terminus armor and gun
Inferno armor
Zaheed mission
Normandy Crash Pack[/QUOTE]

Don't know if you count the Blood Dragon armor but you get that if you have Dragon Age registered with Bioware's website.

[quote name='weeskwee']anyone else clicking the link and getting redirected to the dr pepper mobile site? once there, no way to get to anything ME2/EA related. wtf!!! :([/QUOTE]

Someone in the topic at the Bioware forums was having the same problem. I have no idea what causes that, but he said he installed Google Chrome and it worked in that browser. Assuming you are using IE, I imagine Firefox would work too.

[quote name='LuisRM']I think I have it all as well. I did a search, but couldn't find a complete list. Is this right?

Collectors armor and gun
Terminus armor and gun
Inferno armor
Zaheed mission
Normandy Crash Pack[/QUOTE]

The Incisor Sniper Rifle was free when Xbox.com had all the DLC for free. Don't think you can get it any other way currently.

bread's done
Back