Free Metal Gear Saga collector's DVD...

GREAT NEWS!!!! thank you so much OP. I really hope they are brining the 3rd disc along with this to the US. We also have a release date! you just made my day OP!

[quote name='whoknows']The 3rd disc IS coming to the US (its on Gamespot somewhere).

Only the first copies out get it though (first copies will be LE's) so pre-order soon.

EDIT: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/mgs3subsistence/news.html?sid=6143108&mode=previews[/QUOTE]

thank you so much. Needed a confirmation on the 3rd disc. This is definitely great news for me. Hopefully my pre-order at gamestop will include this. I will have to call.

btw, gamestop lists it for $29.99, I'm almost certain that is cheaper than its MSRP.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77217

EDIT: OP, I hope you don't mind but I borrowed your saga DVD link and added it to the deal I posted. Gave you credit for it though.

GameCrazy made note of different preorder bonus on their sheet, though I forget what it was. I wonder if it will change.

I put in my preorder at GS's website with that Shadow Hearts deal. FIngers crossed everything updates to the bonus DVD and the three disc LE.

awsome... I was only going to preorder once i would know if the 3rd disc was going to be included... now I can and I am even more happy with the extra DVD :)

not bad... 4 discs for $30 is a great thing :)

20060127_08.jpg

:drool:

I can hear colonel roy campbell now...

bonus features? (dun dun dun dun dun) bonus features!!!??? BONNNNNNNUUSSSS FEAAAAAAATTURRESSSS

Here's what's on the DVD :drool:

Chapters:

CHAPTER 001 METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SNAKE EATER 1964
CHAPTER 002 METAL GEAR 1994-1995
CHAPTER 003 METAL GEAR 2: SOLID SNAKE 1999
CHAPTER 004 METAL GEAR SOLID 2005
CHAPTER 005 METAL GEAR SOLID 2: SONS OF LIBERTY 2007-20XX

Trailers:

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 (E3 2005)
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 (TGS 2005)
METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SUBSISTENCE (E3 2005)
METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SUBSISTENCE (GC 2005)
METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SUBSISTENCE (TGS 2005)
METAL GEAR AC!D 2 (E3 2005)
METAL GEAR AC!D 2 (TGS 2005)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Here's what's on the DVD :drool:

Chapters:

CHAPTER 001 METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SNAKE EATER 1964
CHAPTER 002 METAL GEAR 1994-1995
CHAPTER 003 METAL GEAR 2: SOLID SNAKE 1999
CHAPTER 004 METAL GEAR SOLID 2005
CHAPTER 005 METAL GEAR SOLID 2: SONS OF LIBERTY 2007-20XX

Trailers:

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 (E3 2005)
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 (TGS 2005)
METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SUBSISTENCE (E3 2005)
METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SUBSISTENCE (GC 2005)
METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SUBSISTENCE (TGS 2005)
METAL GEAR AC!D 2 (E3 2005)
METAL GEAR AC!D 2 (TGS 2005)[/QUOTE]
Oh CRAP!!!!!:puke: (No wet dreams, No wet dreams.....):baby:

So if I go right now to gamestop, and pre-order this, they will just give the bonus disc to me right there? And if not, Im intitled to unleash pure oblivion powers on the employee?

[quote name='Riyonuk']So if I go right now to gamestop, and pre-order this, they will just give the bonus disc to me right there? And if not, Im intitled to unleash pure oblivion powers on the employee?[/QUOTE]
No, I don't think they have it yet.

[quote name='Riyonuk']So if I go right now to gamestop, and pre-order this, they will just give the bonus disc to me right there? And if not, Im intitled to unleash pure oblivion powers on the employee?[/QUOTE]

No, not at all. As the article states, mid-February is when retailers will start pimping the DVD. You probably won't get it until the March 7th.

This'll be the first game I've pre-ordered since... Tales of Symphonia (mistake).

I can pre-order Subsistence at GameStop B&M, right? Does it cost extra, or does the money down go towards the game's total price?

This will be the first game I preordered since Halo 2, and I only did that because I had extra credit. I am pumped for this release..I cannot wait to see how the new camera works out.

This will be the first console game I purchase since Killer 7. Metal Gear online is too appealing to turn down, plus I can't wait to use the new camera for another run at MGS3.

I just came back from pre-ordering. I made sure to tell him that it was the LE and not the regular version. Of course he had no clue that there two versions or that the LE came with the MG Saga DVD.

[quote name='jasonlives13']I just came back from pre-ordering. I made sure to tell him that it was the LE and not the regular version. Of course he had no clue that there two versions or that the LE came with the MG Saga DVD.[/QUOTE]

same here. When I told him I wanted to make sure I had the right version, he thought I meant Subsistence versus snake eater. Had no clue there were two versions of subsistence. Although I don't really expect them to know every single game in the database.

hwuipefgewqbf;hq i finally gave in and bought the regular version yesterday. then i see this is coming out, garbage.

[quote name='paz9x']hwuipefgewqbf;hq i finally gave in and bought the regular version yesterday. then i see this is coming out, garbage.[/QUOTE]

That's your own fault. ;) This has been talked about for months. Well, the game, not the pre-order DVD.

[quote name='WebScud']That's your own fault. ;) This has been talked about for months. Well, the game, not the pre-order DVD.[/QUOTE]
my ps2 has been broken for 6 months just bought a new one.
didnt pay attentuon to ps2 stuff.
i new it was coming out but thought it was like the other subsistence's
its the camera and the other metal gears that i want.

Apparently, the LE version is no longer available any more at ebagames and gamestop. The regular edition is still available and so is the bonus saga disc.

Fortunately, I ordered one a day before they pulled it. Hopefully they will fill my order :)

I just called my local Gamestop. The employee told me that they expect to receive the MG Saga DVDs this week but that they're not going to give them out early. They are going to hand them out when the game arrives to those who pre-ordered just to make sure that everyone who pre-ordered gets a copy. He did tell me that those who pre-ordered online will get their Saga DVD earlier as we have now seen. He also mentioned that they are not taking anymore pre-orders of the game regular or LE. I don't know if this applies to all Gamestop stores but the way he broke it down was:

Pre-Orders

MGS3: SE Subsistence LE
= Guaranteed a copy of the Saga DVD
MGS3: SE Subsistence = Will get a copy while supplies last

Those that did not pre-order and are hoping to score a copy of the MG Saga DVD will just have to rely on luck or Ebay.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In opinion however that just sounds like bullshit. I'm pretty sure that you'll be able to get a copy if you go buy it on release day. I already have the LE pre-ordered so no worries for me. :D

DAMMIT! fuck! AHHH!

I had no idea there was a Limited Edition...this sucks. EB and Gamestop won't preorder it anymore, so I might be fucked on this...god dammit!

Is there any possible way for me to still get this?

[quote name='Blind the Thief']What's the difference between the LE and regular version again, aside from a guaranteed copy of Saga?[/quote]
AFAIK, the difference is second DVD with the theatrics - cut scenes from the game so you don't have to go through all the gameplay.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']DAMMIT! fuck! AHHH!

I had no idea there was a Limited Edition...this sucks. EB and Gamestop won't preorder it anymore, so I might be fucked on this...god dammit!

Is there any possible way for me to still get this?[/quote]
Try you luck and see if someone decide not to pick up their LE preorder. Otherwise, try ebay.

[quote name='qtseng']Received my Saga DVD today. Seems like they're already being shipped out.[/QUOTE]
Only to those that pre-ordered online.

bread's done
Back