FREE Motorstorm RC for PS Vita (starting tomorrow!)

Probably a stupid question, but I currently have neither a PS3 nor Vita. Is there any way for me to "buy" this game for a future Vita? I.e. like on Xbox you can buy things on the web? PSN newb, here.

[quote name='EarthKing']Getting a vita in a few weeks...Can I get it through my PS3 and redownload it on my Vita??? That's great news!![/QUOTE]
I'm also wondering the same thing. I dont have a vita yet.

Thanks for the heads up! My Vita is arriving tomorrow. I can't pass this up for Free Ninety-Free!

I really hope you can download this on the PS3 now and transfer to Vita later - don't have a Vita yet but I'll definitely get one hopefully soon.

[quote name='EarthKing']Getting a vita in a few weeks...Can I get it through my PS3 and redownload it on my Vita??? That's great news!![/QUOTE]

Yes that works. You don't even need to redownload it though, "purchase" it and download it on your PS3. Just leave it in the "install bubble" until you get your Vita, connect over usb and use the content manager to transfer it to your Vita.

[quote name='crunchewy']Probably a stupid question, but I currently have neither a PS3 nor Vita. Is there any way for me to "buy" this game for a future Vita? I.e. like on Xbox you can buy things on the web? PSN newb, here. [/QUOTE]

The only way (if you already have a PSN account) I can think of would be to "purchase" it with Media Go software on your Windows PC. Then when you get your Vita tie it to the same PSN account and it should show up in your transaction history and you could download it then.

Joystiq is stating that the free Vita version still unlocks the PS3 version.

Everyone's favorite Toyota spinoff car line, the Scion, is hooking you up. Actually, Scion's hooking all of us North Americans up (for a limited time, at least) with free copies of MotorStorm RC on the PlayStation Vita. And while the game is also launching on the PlayStation 3 this week for the not-so-free price of $9.99, the Vita version unlocks the PS3 version (also for free). That's your reward for dropping upwards of $250 on a Vita, we suppose.

[quote name='edison']Yes that works. You don't even need to redownload it though, "purchase" it and download it on your PS3. Just leave it in the "install bubble" until you get your Vita, connect over usb and use the content manager to transfer it to your Vita.

The only way (if you already have a PSN account) I can think of would be to "purchase" it with Media Go software on your Windows PC. Then when you get your Vita tie it to the same PSN account and it should show up in your transaction history and you could download it then.

Joystiq is stating that the free Vita version still unlocks the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. I wonder how the unlock for the PS3 will work...Do we just download the thing for the PSV using our PS3 and then get the PS3 version via the PS store or must we install it on the PSV for the system will recognize our PSV "purchase".

I would not count on being able to get the PS3 version free with this. It's stated in the offer BUY 1 get the other free, and the vita version is free if you don't choose to buy one. To me this means you will have to buy the PS3 version if you really want it.

PS I did see on Joystick where they are saying it is so, I guess we will see tomorrow. I hope so.

[quote name='Mugatu']I really hope you can download this on the PS3 now and transfer to Vita later - don't have a Vita yet but I'll definitely get one hopefully soon.[/QUOTE]

I second that!! Im getting a Vita next month.
I seriously hope that I can purchase free vita version tomorrow via PS3 for next month...

I haven't touched my Vita in a week (since 2/15), but I'm downloading this ASAP..very exciting news! and I do love the Vita, only have 4 games for it and PvZ is the best of those, which gets old..

If this is like the FL0W promotion last year, then the game will not stay on your download history for future downloads. Only time will tell.

Also, I hope that I can score both the PS3 and Vita version :whistle2:D

So if I don't have a Vita yet, but plan on getting one within a year, is it possible to download it to my PS3 like a PSP game and save it until I can transfer it to a Vita?

[quote name='ICHIRO51MVP']So if I don't have a Vita yet, but plan on getting one within a year, is it possible to download it to my PS3 like a PSP game and save it until I can transfer it to a Vita?[/QUOTE]

350362_large.jpg

At this point, we don't know.

[quote name='WyldRyce']Awesome! Too bad I purchased a $20 PSN card today just for this. Guess I'll just use it for something else.[/QUOTE]

DL GTPSP well worth it, much better on bigger screen, I bought $20 psn card on launch day first game I DLd.

This MS RC game reminds me of REVOLT, I loved that game.

[quote name='strait edge follower']What is the file size of this game ? I only have a 4 gig vita card[/QUOTE]

766 mb

Don't have a Vita, but I'm happy for all those that will be able to DL this for free. I'll still be buying the PS3 version with the ps plus discount though, unless someone finds out the ps3 version can be had for free as well.

[quote name='pun123']DL GTPSP well worth it, much better on bigger screen, I bought $20 psn card on launch day first game I DLd.

This MS RC game reminds me of REVOLT, I loved that game.[/QUOTE]

Me too I loved that game on Dreamcast!

It's killing me how they use the ambiguous term "afternoon (Pacific Time)"; I can't wait to grab this. I hadn't really looked into this game, but I watched the little trailer and it looks fun, and for FREE it looks freakin' awesome!

[quote name='JoshTX']Don't have a Vita, but I'm happy for all those that will be able to DL this for free. I'll still be buying the PS3 version with the ps plus discount though, unless someone finds out the ps3 version can be had for free as well.[/QUOTE]

I don't trust any company that says something is free. This is a blatant ad induced app just like 'free' iOS games.

Wonder if this game will have trophies to go along with it. Also eager to see how Dust 514 turns out considering the free to play direction with micro transactions.

[quote name='crazedimp321']Wonder if this game will have trophies to go along with it. Also eager to see how Dust 514 turns out considering the free to play direction with micro transactions.[/QUOTE]

Dude didn't you hear? Dust 514 is only coming out with a "companion app" for the Vita. Whether or not they bring the actual game over is in the air, but when it launches it won't be for much other than load outs and planning strategies.

[quote name='camelking6969']i cant find the game to download[/QUOTE]
Won't be on the store until the regular PSN update typically around 8-11 PM EST.

[quote name='iowaholdem']Won't be on the store until the regular PSN update typically around 8-11 PM EST.[/QUOTE]
thanks i thought i was going crazy lol

[quote name='camelking6969']thanks i thought i was going crazy lol[/QUOTE]

Me too.

PSN should at least include a place keeper ad for games with release dates. Like a pre-order page or something. Another missed opportunity.

No flame, I dig this hardware, just want more to play on it.

[quote name='Romeo']I don't trust any company that says something is free. This is a blatant ad induced app just like 'free' iOS games.[/QUOTE]

You should definitely avoid it then, sounds like some dangerous spyware type stuff. :roll:

[quote name='sikboy1029']So another 5 hours at least, great.[/QUOTE]

Who knows - I just expect sometime today :eek:

They usually update at night like someone already said but the blog posts says this afternoon so who knows?

I hope it's early enough because I don't have a Vita yet but I plan on getting one - if I can't download it to my PS3 then I'll run out and get a Vita.

[quote name='chimpmeister']You should definitely avoid it then, sounds like some dangerous spyware type stuff. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I guess you forgot about Sony rootkits? :p

[quote name='Wario64']I guess you forgot about Sony rootkits? :p[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure we're past that...anyway, free is always welcomed, sponsored or not.

I'm curious when we can access our PSN download history through the Vita like I can on my PSP and PS3. It's annoying I can't download my mini games and prior purchases on my Vita.

bread's done
Back