FREE overnight shipping for Super Smash Bros Brawl @ Gamestop

YoUnGKiLlAh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=230015
230015b.jpg

Coupon Code: Nintendo

I was actually going to take advantage of this offer, but they still have the nerve to charge $5 for handling. Who the hell still charges for handling!?

Probably just going to go with the CC gift card deal.

[quote name='Fizzgig']I was actually going to take advantage of this offer, but they still have the nerve to charge $5 for handling. Who the hell still charges for handling!?

Probably just going to go with the CC gift card deal.[/quote]

I think the handling they charge is to open the brand new games, then put a little clear plastic tab and sell you a "new" copy that has been opened and man-handeld.

Go team gamestop!

[quote name='Fizzgig']I was actually going to take advantage of this offer, but they still have the nerve to charge $5 for handling. Who the hell still charges for handling!?[/quote]

If I ordered through this deal, I'd expect tassels, a nice solid design, and a bell that rings like an angel fart.

They sent out an e-mail saying the free shipping was after you could find the code in four "easter eggs" on their site:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super Smash Bros. Brawl is Hopping Down the Bunny Trail

Until Super Smash Bros. Brawl finally arrives on March 9, you can entertain yourself with an Easter Egg hunt. Peruse our site to find four "eggs," each containing part of a code that will unlock free shipping on your order of Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii.

With so many characters packed into Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we wouldn't be surprised if Peter Cottontail himself showed up, although he probably wouldn't last long against the likes of Mario, Sonic, Link or Snake — unless he's one of those "killer rabbits." Hmm… Killer Easter Bunny. Sleep well, kids! Find the latest Super Smash Bros. Brawl videos and screen shots here.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't notice the OP having the code in the first post.

They're doing this "free overnight shipping" with GoW:Chains of Olympus as well. Put it in my cart and the total came to $50.12 (with handling and tax)!!!! If I wanted this game immediately, I might as well pick it up at a store.

Probably will order from Amazon or Buy.com (if I can use GCO $10 off)

Gamestop.com FTL

[quote name='gobz']I think the handling they charge is to open the brand new games, then put a little clear plastic tab and sell you a "new" copy that has been opened and man-handeld.

Go team gamestop![/QUOTE]
:applause:

Why go for this when you can just reserve at CC and get the $10GC when you pick it up?

And the other thing I loved about that e-mail is how they promoted the SD vs. Raw '08 tournament that had already been going on for like a month, and the qualifying rounds end this weekend. Genius!

the game is supposed to be pre-shipping so if you take overnight shipping you should get it on the 9th. but for a game like this i plan on going to the midnight release and you can never trust the mailing services to guarantee youll get it on time.

[quote name='cmarkham04']the game is supposed to be pre-shipping so if you take overnight shipping you should get it on the 9th. but for a game like this i plan on going to the midnight release and you can never trust the mailing services to guarantee youll get it on time.[/quote]
u kno the 9th is on a sunday right?

You know, as a gamer I love the idea of a dedicated store for what I want. Stores like Best Buy and Walmart are good for shoppers too, but a store where you can go and talk about games or get advice from a fellow gamer sounds like a good idea.

Gamestop however, turns that idea bad and has left a bad taste in my mouth many times.

Acting like an asshat about not reserving a game for 18 months pisses me off. EVERY time a new game that I would like comes out and I am stupid enough to go to my local GS which is closer than BB or wallyworld they give me the same speech. "If you don't reserve and allow us to earn interest on your money we can't sell it to you today" Then I get a look like I'm an idiot and end up leaving.

Gears of War was the worst one, especially since I ended up driving to Best Buy and finding 20-30 copies that weren't "reserved".

Pre-ordering should not be done B&M, online shopping is another story since you can't even get to some sites if a lot of people want something. Not to mention the scammers who'll buy 30 of an item under different names and slow down a site themselves with a script or w/e.

On topic:

5$ for handling!!! what crap. stuff like this is why I'm going to Target, where I work, and buying the game. Even if it comes out a day later it's worth not having to deal with Gamestop.

/rant

[quote name='ivan a rom']You know, as a gamer I love the idea of a dedicated store for what I want. Stores like Best Buy and Walmart are good for shoppers too, but a store where you can go and talk about games or get advice from a fellow gamer sounds like a good idea.

Gamestop however, turns that idea bad and has left a bad taste in my mouth many times.

Acting like an asshat about not reserving a game for 18 months pisses me off. EVERY time a new game that I would like comes out and I am stupid enough to go to my local GS which is closer than BB or wallyworld they give me the same speech. "If you don't reserve and allow us to earn interest on your money we can't sell it to you today" Then I get a look like I'm an idiot and end up leaving.

Gears of War was the worst one, especially since I ended up driving to Best Buy and finding 20-30 copies that weren't "reserved".

Pre-ordering should not be done B&M, online shopping is another story since you can't even get to some sites if a lot of people want something. Not to mention the scammers who'll buy 30 of an item under different names and slow down a site themselves with a script or w/e.

On topic:

5$ for handling!!! what crap. stuff like this is why I'm going to Target, where I work, and buying the game. Even if it comes out a day later it's worth not having to deal with Gamestop.

/rant[/quote]

I just tell them I already pre-ordered everything they ask me about. I find it entertaining

[quote name='cranguy']Is it confirmed to be OVERNIGHT shipping? As Exodus just pasted, it only says "free shipping" on the email[/quote]
When you enter the "NINTENDO" code, you get this message:
"Free Overnight Shipping on Super Smash Brothers. May not be combined with other offers. One discount per order. Continental United States only."

I just went and tried to check out, and I didn't get a handling fee. It actually was $0.00 for shipping/handling.

ssbborderju6.jpg

[quote name='WhytePanther']Why go for this when you can just reserve at CC and get the $10GC when you pick it up?[/QUOTE]

What he said! :applause:

[quote name='OneWingedAngeI']never support gamestop, those bastards.[/quote]

seconded.

i know quite a few people that work at one of my local ones..

dont know shat about video games -__-

I hate Gamestop, but I love not leaving the house...I also love getting mail (it's like Christmas)...anyway...

I received the 'free overnight shipping' on my order. And I didn't get any handling charges.

A few questions...

First, is there absolutely ANY guarantee at this point that GS will be able to fulfill all pre-orders by the release date?

Second, to all you people talking about the CC deal... what exactly is making you trust CC here? They usually find a way to screw things up, so that's why I'm wondering if something changed.

Either way, I'm likely just going to walk into a store and pick it up whenever they arrive. Seems simple enough to me.

[quote name='007']Second, to all you people talking about the CC deal... what exactly is making you trust CC here? They usually find a way to screw things up, so that's why I'm wondering if something changed.

Either way, I'm likely just going to walk into a store and pick it up whenever they arrive. Seems simple enough to me.[/quote]
Sounds almost like you answered your own question. I trust that they will at least honor their advertisements, and I trust that if I put down money for a preorder ~1 month in advance it should be in stock. And I trust that if they sell my copy then I can take my money elsewhere. But for $10 back, what the hey?

[quote name='WhytePanther']Sounds almost like you answered your own question. I trust that they will at least honor their advertisements, and I trust that if I put down money for a preorder ~1 month in advance it should be in stock. And I trust that if they sell my copy then I can take my money elsewhere. But for $10 back, what the hey?[/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='Veronica Mars']CC is probs gonna screw some people over.[/quote]
I guess I'm pretty lucky that theres, 2 targets, a best buy, 2 gamecrazies, 2 gamestops, a walmart and a few smaller shops within 5 minutes driving time from my house....

so if they screw me over and i don't get my game/deal....i'll just take my money to one of the other place...

pre-ordering is useless to me unless i get something with it because there's just too many options where i live...san jose, ca

Is the CC deal ongoing? I just walk into the store and preorder and get a free 10$ gift card when I pick the game up or was it just advertised for a certain week a month ago or something?

I would have gone with this, but I'm having people over that weekend, so I want to get it at midnight. My GS better do a midnight release, like they may or may not do. (They don't know yet)

[quote name='Poolking99']Is the CC deal ongoing? I just walk into the store and preorder and get a free 10$ gift card when I pick the game up or was it just advertised for a certain week a month ago or something?[/quote]

I was just at CC, and the gift card offer is printed on the preorder ticket you take to the register, so yes, it's still in effect. The ticket however also still has the wrong release date (d'oh!)

[quote name='WhytePanther']I was just at CC, and the gift card offer is printed on the preorder ticket you take to the register, so yes, it's still in effect. The ticket however also still has the wrong release date (d'oh!)[/QUOTE]

I did mine online... didn't know it was instore as well. Looks like I'll have to go and take care of that.

Thanks for this deal! I also love getting stuff in the mail, reminds me of christmas as well.

Nicko

bread's done
Back