FREE pack of 10 DVD+R @ Office Depot

Damn, the nearest Office Depot is at least an hour drive away from me and I was just there a few days ago. Oh Well, Thanks OP.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Just I know I got the email correctly. It's just an email of test, right?[/quote]thats all i got...just an email with no "image" of a coupon...it had the exp date and code number at the bottom, though...ill try it this weekend

Just got back from sending some items and testing this.

They didn't have any Office Depot brand DVD+Rs left, so they gave me a 10 pack of Ativa DVD+Rs item# 495-620, no questions about the 'coupon' printout.

*You can also just print out a copy of the email here instead of using the other way.
Just print and go.

+1 to confirming this one. Just came back from picking up said DVDs.

The coupon is for 10 of the Office Depot-brand DVD-Rs (either + or - version, for those where it still matters) with jewel cases included.

Edit: Also talked with a CSR concerning the Ativa brand...according to her, it's Office Depot manufacturing under a different name. By no means the gospel, so take that for what you will.

[quote name='The Midget']The coupon is for 10 of the Office Depot-brand DVD-Rs (either + or - version, for those where it still matters) with jewel cases included.[/QUOTE]
Unless there are multiple coupons floating around this is for DVD+R only. Mine explicitly states DVD+R and the item code #682-528. My wife grabbed -R's initially and the coupon didn't work.

[quote name='The Midget']Edit: Also talked with a CSR concerning the Ativa brand...according to her, it's Office Depot manufacturing under a different name. By no means the gospel, so take that for what you will.[/QUOTE]
She's right in that Ativa is an Office Depot store brand.

thanks OP..

printed, will go later

question, I just got a new laptop w/ dvd burner in it and these will be my first dvdrs.. what's the diff b/t +r and -r? anyway, once again thanks these will be fun for those test coasters I'll probably make burning dvd's.

[quote name='aznguyen316']question, I just got a new laptop w/ dvd burner in it and these will be my first dvdrs.. what's the diff b/t +r and -r? anyway, once again thanks these will be fun for those test coasters I'll probably make burning dvd's.[/QUOTE]
They're different only in that they're different standards. There's no practical difference anymore. +R supports a packet burning functionality that I don't think anyone uses anymore. Several years ago there were actually burners that were just +R or -R but they didn't last long although I still know of some people who have them. It was also said that one type was more compatible with standalone DVD players (+R), but again, in the early times of DVD burners they were all flaky to some degree so it wasn't significant in actual practice.

Buy whatever's cheapest and it will serve you fine.

[quote name='aznguyen316']
question, I just got a new laptop w/ dvd burner in it and these will be my first dvdrs.. what's the diff b/t +r and -r? anyway, once again thanks these will be fun for those test coasters I'll probably make burning dvd's.[/quote]

There isn't really any diff, just in the formating, which doesn't effect the data, writing or playback.

You just want to check if your burner supports both dvd+r and dvd-r formats. Also I always burn dvds at slower speeds, 8x or lower to prevent a 'bad burn'

[quote name='Damian']Unless there are multiple coupons floating around this is for DVD+R only. Mine explicitly states DVD+R and the item code #682-528. My wife grabbed -R's initially and the coupon didn't work.[/quote]

Interesting, as small talk with the cashier revealed that previous customers had purchased both the + and - versions with the coupon.

Meh, probably just my local OD being lazy. Certainly not the first time...but that's for another thread.

picked it up today OP, found the item # listed in the "coupon" on the shelves at $9.99 and just told the cashier to punch in the code at the bottom and it was free straight up, no paying of taxes or anything =D

i dont know if you guys have a problem with saying this but...
get a few sent, go in, get your friends to go in. get multiple sets of dvds. leave. come back, return without a receipt, and get whatever you want with the store credit!

i attempted to pick up to +R's and mine didn't have any...so when I asked to get the -R's, the manager freaked out and said that they wouldn't work.

yeah, that's why i never go to office depot

Ahhh it's always good to think about my workplace while I'm at home.
YMMV on returning the Dvds for store credit. My district does not allow returns like that, only exchanges for the same thing.

The closest store is at least a 30-40 minute drive, most likely not going to go just to get "free" DVDs and be hassled by assholes in OD.

[quote name='Quinn Skates']i dont know if you guys have a problem with saying this but...
get a few sent, go in, get your friends to go in. get multiple sets of dvds. leave. come back, return without a receipt, and get whatever you want with the store credit![/quote]

Can a moderator please delete this ^^^^

This kind of stuff belongs at fatwallet

I went to my local OD in Highland Village, TX, walked in and got the last 10 pack. The cashier told me that his last 3 transactions were this deal.

Out of stock for me. Nothing offered in exchange. I suppose I can't ask for too much considering it was free -- and I really didn't drive out of my way to get it.

Yeah I went to an office depot they were out of stock and all office depots in my area were out of stock.

Must be alot of cags in my area.

Got one of the last packs yesterday. But I didn't even notice until I got home that my new PC has a DVD-RW drive, not a DVD+RW drive. So these are basically useless to me since the drive won't recognize the discs.

So if anyone has some DVD-Rs that would trade them for my 10 DVD+Rs, let me know.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']from what i know..

+ is more data related
- is more media related

if you're looking to burn movies and whatnot, get -[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you've got it backwards. Only +R plays on the DVD players I've dealt with.

[quote name='Access_Denied']I'm pretty sure you've got it backwards. Only +R plays on the DVD players I've dealt with.[/quote]all of my dvd players/ps2/ps3/xbox play the DVD-R's with no problem...never tried the +R's

bread's done
Back