Free Pixel Junk Monsters (Playstation Home Contest)

Here's the rules for people that don't want to visit the website. It involves logging into PS Home:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited. The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. and are at least 13 years of age at the time of entry. To enter, you must have a PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, a valid PlayStation®Network account, internet access and a copy of PlayStation®Home installed on your PlayStation®3 system. The St. Patrick’s Day Webellion PlayStation®Home Sweepstakes (“Promotion”) begins March 12, 2010 at 12:00pm (noon) PST and ends March 18, 2010 12:00pm (noon) PST (“Promotion Period”).
*Log into your PlayStation Network account and launch PlayStation Home application
*Make your way to Central Plaza within PlayStation Home to view the Weebellion posters. The posters contain either a four digit portion of the voucher code or instructions indicating how to obtain the remaining portions of the voucher code.
*Brother Seamus McSwilly, the leprechaun, will begin appearing randomly in the Central Plaza within PlayStation Home during the Promotion Period. In order to enter to win the full voucher code, you must collect the first two portions of the code and take a picture of Seamus McSwilly.
*The enter the Promotion send an e-mail to [email protected] containing your PSN ID, the pieces of the voucher code collected from the posters and a picture of Seamus McSwilly. Enter “Seamus McSwilly” in the subject line and in the body of the email include your PSN ID, the two four digit voucher code segments you have collected and a photo of Seamus McSwilly. Sponsor will randomly select 100 entries out of all valid entries received. Prize winners will receive the complete voucher code via email redeemable for the entitlement to download one (1) copy of PixelJunk® Monsters. The deadline for email submissions is March 18, 2010 at 12:00pm (noon) PST.
*To be valid, entries must be received no later than March 18, 2010 at 12:00pm (noon) PST. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. (the “Sponsor”) is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrants ability to participate in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Promotion should virus, bugs or other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of this Promotion. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents only aged 13 or older. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
2. PRIZES: Each prize winner will receive via email one (1) unique voucher code redeemable for the entitlement to one (1) download of PixelJunk® Monsters to one (1) activated PS3™ system (ARV $9.99). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal value if prize is unavailable. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions allowed.
3. WINNER SELECTION: 100 prize winners will be randomly selected by Sponsor. Drawings will occur on or about March 19, 2010. Drawings will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions will be final and binding. Winners will be notified and receive their prize via email. Voucher redemption instructions will be included in the notification email.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on number of valid entries received.
5. General: By acceptance of prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliate companies, subsidiaries, parent companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use/misuse of the prize. Winner agrees to the use of his/her name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Neither Sponsor nor its affiliates, subsidiaries, division or related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes (federal, state or local if any), or expenses that winner might incur as a result of entering or participating in this Promotion or upon receipt or use of prize.
6. WINNER LIST: To obtain names of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to St. Patrick’s Day Weebellion PlayStation Home Sweepstakes, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. 4th floor, Foster City, CA 94404. Prize winners’ name request will be fulfilled within four weeks. Requests for winner list must be received by March 31, 2010.
7. RESTRICTIONS: Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
8. SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc, Foster City, CA 94404

Too bad the prize isn't the PSP version of PixelJunk Monsters, I already own the PS3 version. Still pretty cool since it is free for people who don't have it.

Make your way to Central Plaza within PlayStation Home to view the Weebellion posters. The posters contain either a four digit portion of the voucher code or instructions indicating how to obtain the remaining portions of the voucher code.

Brother Seamus McSwilly, the leprechaun, will begin appearing randomly in the Central Plaza within PlayStation Home during the Promotion Period. In order to enter to win the full voucher code, you must collect the first two portions of the code and take a picture of Seamus McSwilly.

The enter the Promotion send an e-mail to [email protected] containing your PSN ID, the pieces of the voucher code collected from the posters and a picture of Seamus McSwilly. Enter “Seamus McSwilly” in the subject line and in the body of the email include your PSN ID, the two four digit voucher code segments you have collected and a photo of Seamus McSwilly. Sponsor will randomly select 100 entries out of all valid entries received. Prize winners will receive the complete voucher code via email redeemable for the entitlement to download one (1) copy of PixelJunk® Monsters. The deadline for email submissions is March 18, 2010 at 12:00pm (noon) PST.

Thanks!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I am confused on how to do this?[/QUOTE]

Here is the part of the rules that only cover what to do:

*Log into your PlayStation Network account and launch PlayStation Home application
*Make your way to Central Plaza within PlayStation Home to view the Weebellion posters. The posters contain either a four digit portion of the voucher code or instructions indicating how to obtain the remaining portions of the voucher code.
*Brother Seamus McSwilly, the leprechaun, will begin appearing randomly in the Central Plaza within PlayStation Home during the Promotion Period. In order to enter to win the full voucher code, you must collect the first two portions of the code and take a picture of Seamus McSwilly.
*The enter the Promotion send an e-mail to [email protected] containing your PSN ID, the pieces of the voucher code collected from the posters and a picture of Seamus McSwilly. Enter “Seamus McSwilly” in the subject line and in the body of the email include your PSN ID, the two four digit voucher code segments you have collected and a photo of Seamus McSwilly. Sponsor will randomly select 100 entries out of all valid entries received. Prize winners will receive the complete voucher code via email redeemable for the entitlement to download one (1) copy of PixelJunk® Monsters. The deadline for email submissions is March 18, 2010 at 12:00pm (noon) PST.
*To be valid, entries must be received no later than March 18, 2010 at 12:00pm (noon) PST. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address. Subsequent entries will be disqualified.

Says you need to find clues, take a picture and then send them over to an email address... all for a chance at a free Pixel Junk Monsters game. No thanks.

only 100 winners... think of the 12million people that are on PSHome and may know about this... perhaps at least 500k will do this event..

Only 100 winners? I spent all day in the SodiumOne hub and didn't win a copy of that which had more than twice as many winners, I imagine an event that takes place in the Central Plaza for a better game would be pretty difficult to win.

[quote name='vithang']only 100 winners... think of the 12million people that are on PSHome and may know about this... perhaps at least 500k will do this event..[/QUOTE]

Right you are, didn't notice the part about 100 winners.

Sorry guys.

[quote name='mitnosi']Why make people jump through hoops, if you wanna toss the game out for free, then just do it.[/QUOTE]

This!
Make it random, but don't make me jump through hoops! fuck off!

Even if it was a 100% chance of winning, i wouldnt log into HOME >_>. Worst psuedo-game ever. Waiting in lines while waiting in lines while in a game while people are yelling "IM GONNA RAPE YOU". (10x worse if your character is a girl)

[quote name='Satoshi-kun']Says you need to find clues, take a picture and then send them over to an email address... all for a chance at a free Pixel Junk Monsters game. No thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Home is too big of a waste of time to deal with this. It's a great game though, easily the best PJ release.

Thanks for the heads up that it was a contest and I didn't waste my time. They should have posted that in their twitter feed - totally misleading.

"Free PixelJunk Monsters! Join the Weebellion, find the clues, win the game! http://$$$$$$$/dzvSGs | Saint Patrick's Day" SonyPlayStation Twitter feed.

"@SonyPlayStation Should have posted: Sponsor will randomly select 100 entries out of all valid entries received."

[quote name='dgwillia006']Even if it was a 100% chance of winning, i wouldnt log into HOME >_>. Worst psuedo-game ever. Waiting in lines while waiting in lines while in a game while people are yelling "IM GONNA RAPE YOU". (10x worse if your character is a girl)[/QUOTE]

good point

Well, it was actually pretty easy to enter...First code is on a poster by the mall, it's written really tiny on the buff leprechaun's hat. The second one is on the Jointheweebellion.com website; click "Join the Weebellion" link and then click on the FOUR leaf clover four times. Then Seamus was just standing in the Central Plaza in Home...good luck everyone...

Well this ended up being disappointing as I read through the thread. At the beginning of the thread I was considering installing Home, but only 100 winners? What a fucking joke.

Too much work for a free game.
WAYYYYYYYYY too much work for a chance to win a free game.

Masively great game though.

[quote name='aoa']too much work for a free game.
Wayyyyyyyyy too much work for a chance to win a free game.

Masively great game though.[/quote]

this. And...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']make people jump through hoops and then only give away 100 "copies" to random people? Awful.[/quote]

this

Home isn't anywhere near as bad as people say anymore. A lot more content now. I'll admit, userbase is rather bad, but it's not as bad as say, XBL, or WoW.

[quote name='[email protected]']Well, it was actually pretty easy to enter...First code is on a poster by the mall, it's written really tiny on the buff leprechaun's hat. The second one is on the Jointheweebellion.com website; click "Join the Weebellion" link and then click on the FOUR leaf clover four times. Then Seamus was just standing in the Central Plaza in Home...good luck everyone...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Would you mind telling me where to find the Step 2 poster?

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Thanks for the info. Would you mind telling me where to find the Step 2 poster?[/QUOTE]

clicking on the four leaf clover 4 times? (the same one?) then how does the code appear?

[quote name='lilman']Unless it was a guaranteed free game, nothing can make me log onto ps home.[/QUOTE]

this!

And PixelJunk Monsters is my favorite PSN game of all time.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Thanks for the info. Would you mind telling me where to find the Step 2 poster?[/QUOTE]

The first poster is outside the mall entrance. It cycles through images, wait for the ripped leprechaun. Then look very closely at the brim of his hat.

The second is on their official website, www.JointheWeebellion.com. Click on the "Join the weebellion" link on the main page. After clicking, look for the four-leaf clover in the background, and click it four times.

[quote name='BeerBro']clicking on the four leaf clover 4 times? (the same one?) then how does the code appear?[/QUOTE]

It just appears on the page after you click it four times...like a flash game...

[quote name='[email protected]']The first poster is outside the mall entrance. It cycles through images, wait for the ripped leprechaun. Then look very closely at the brim of his hat.

The second is on their official website, www.JointheWeebellion.com. Click on the "Join the weebellion" link on the main page. After clicking, look for the four-leaf clover in the background, and click it four times.

It just appears on the page after you click it four times...like a flash game...[/QUOTE]

thanks Spitduck, i finally got the 2 sets of code. I'm having trouble spotting Seamus McSwilly. I'm looking all over Central Plaza for him, can't seem to find him. :\

I bet I could get a copy of it. It seems like I always get free stuff from PSN or invites and I rarely even use it :p

[quote name='[email protected]']The first poster is outside the mall entrance. It cycles through images, wait for the ripped leprechaun. Then look very closely at the brim of his hat.

It just appears on the page after you click it four times...like a flash game...[/QUOTE]

Thank for the help, I was having trouble finding poster for Step 2, if there is one.:roll:

[quote name='BeerBro']thanks Spitduck, i finally got the 2 sets of code. I'm having trouble spotting Seamus McSwilly. I'm looking all over Central Plaza for him, can't seem to find him. :\
[/QUOTE]

Seamus was in Central Plaza about an hour ago. I ran around following him for a while.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I bet I could get a copy of it. It seems like I always get free stuff from PSN or invites and I rarely even use it :p[/QUOTE]

Share with me if you are not going to use it.;)

Would anyone care to share the code on the brim of the ripped leprechaun? I've got an SD set, and there's no way I'm making out the fine of a detail.

EDIT: Nah, scratch that. I don't get into Home enough to know my avatar has a camera with a zoom lens, apparently. Disregard. :p

I think they forgot to mention you need to send in your SSN, a photocopy of your driver's license and your first born.:roll:

[quote name='Trace17']I think they forgot to mention you need to send in your SSN, a photocopy of your driver's license and your first born.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Okay! I love tower defense games.

bread's done
Back