free playstation 3 with purchase of sony vaio.

vaio is a pc, so woldnt it be funny with vaio pc is one of the qualifying brand of pc that offers a 360 with purchase. even funnier if both console were offered.

[quote name='hoi1ma']vaio is a pc, so woldnt it be funny with vaio pc is one of the qualifying brand of pc that offers a 360 with purchase. even funnier if both console were offered.[/QUOTE]

i wish, i dont think it possible since sony store is not one of the participating retailer.

btw, anyone got the free carrying case when they ordered it?

[quote name='Demise_Angel']Did you get the ultrabook T13? Case is backordered for now, I might get this, my alienware m17x is not portable...lol[/QUOTE]

yea, i got that one. i think they took out the case after i put in the freeps3 coupon, because on the "discounted price" section it only said $249 and the case dissapeared afterward. here hoping they will ship it to me later.

vaio computers suck i've had two and they didn't even last a year each. i bought the second one because of the blue-ray player. i would recommend getting the extended warranty.

I bought it. Got Ultrabook and the vita for $800. Its a damn good deal. Also, you don't get the free case, if you buy the vita. Came out to $800, w. free shipping. Also, laptop's getting good reviews.

[quote name='kart007k']I bought it. Got Ultrabook and the vita for $800. Its a damn good deal. Also, you don't get the free case, if you buy the vita. Came out to $800, w. free shipping. Also, laptop's getting good reviews.[/QUOTE]
Wish the carrying case was included. If this was a 15" I would bite. Already have a netbook (back when those were a thing).

[quote name='kart007k']I bought it. Got Ultrabook and the vita for $800. Its a damn good deal. Also, you don't get the free case, if you buy the vita. Came out to $800, w. free shipping. Also, laptop's getting good reviews.[/QUOTE]

Will that ultrabook Run Diablo 3?

[quote name='jaygood17']Will that ultrabook Run Diablo 3?[/QUOTE]

The Ultrabook doesn't have a separate gpu, it's got the integrated Intel graphics in the cpu so really not the best thing for heavy gaming.

That being said, Diablo 3 is pretty retro looking for a 2012 game and it's not exactly the most taxing thing you can run on a PC. There's youtube videos of people playing D3 with Intel HD graphics so it should be fine, though you may need to turn some of the settings down a little.

Really? I don't see that many reviews for it since it just came out.
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Is this deal ONLY for students and teachers? If so, please change the title.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, how do I do that?

Must have an active .edu email address to get the deal (same with the 360/laptop offer). Besides, the FREE item is just a gimmick anyway. If you look around you can find a damn fine laptop for under $500 . I got a loaded HP for $450 at staples a few months back. This was after looking around for a decent rig with the 360 deal.

$700+ is simply too much for a laptop these days. They're pretty much selling these with the "FREE" Vita/ps3/Xbox instead of putting them on sale for sub-$500. If you honestly think this is a good deal then you are buying into their marketing. IT IS NOT FREE! Buy the laptop on sale at BB or Staples then buy a ps3/vita/360 separately and you will still save $50-$100, if not more, easily.

[quote name='brewin']Must have an active .edu email address to get the deal (same with the 360/laptop offer). Besides, the FREE item is just a gimmick anyway. If you look around you can find a damn fine laptop for under $500 . I got a loaded HP for $450 at staples a few months back. This was after looking around for a decent rig with the 360 deal.

$700+ is simply too much for a laptop these days. They're pretty much selling these with the "FREE" Vita/ps3/Xbox instead of putting them on sale for sub-$500. If you honestly think this is a good deal then you are buying into their marketing. IT IS NOT FREE! Buy the laptop on sale at BB or Staples then buy a ps3/vita/360 separately and you will still save $50-$100, if not more, easily.[/QUOTE]

I kinda agree but with these new Sony and other companies ultrabooks you get normal laptop speed in a really thin and light form. So you are also paying a little more for the design and form factor.

[quote name='wingzero16']vaio computers suck i've had two and they didn't even last a year each. i bought the second one because of the blue-ray player. i would recommend getting the extended warranty.[/QUOTE]

My Vaio has been fantastic. Running strong for 4 years now.

So, the question is...Is anybody going to try buying a laptop for the free PS3/Vita and resell the laptop? Even if you knocked $50 off the price of the laptop, sweet deal getting a $50 PS3.

I'm gonna buy the laptop and free PS3, then return the laptop, keep the PS3.

bread's done
Back