Free Portal: First Slice, Peggle Extreme, HL2: Deathmatch, and HL2: Lost Coast

Attempted it, but it said that it was activated by a different steam account? I own hl2 death match and lost coast by the way, that may have to do with it.

I dunno why unless they're not letting people who did the ATI offer before? Did you do that before?

I added it just fine even though I already had everything included. Wish I knew that it wouldn't give me anything before I did it =(

hm, trying again, and it started working, but my freaking router went out.. So now whenever I try it, it says unexpected error, and that it wasn't completed. I sent out some question to steam support, but i just get auto responses... I want these games..

[quote name='Dem Pyros']I don't think deathmatch is included in the orange box...[/quote]Yup.

I bought the orange box and it does NOT include Deathmatch. Just did this deal and got it for free.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='Dem Pyros']Yup.

I bought the orange box and it does NOT include Deathmatch. Just did this deal and got it for free.

Thanks OP![/quote]

If you own HL2 you can download deathmatch and lost coast for free on steam.

Buuuuuuuull fucking shit! I'm having the same problems as some people getting an error about the games already being activated on a different account. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow and if it doesn't work keep trying again and again and again.. But at least it's not just me that has this problem after all.

[quote name='PuNK45S']If you own HL2 you can download deathmatch and lost coast for free on steam.[/quote]Really?

I knew about Lost Coast, but when I went to download Deathmatch it asked for the 10 dollar fee to purchase the game.

So....maybe a glitch, but I got it onto the account via this so "meh."

[quote name='Dem Pyros']Really?

I knew about Lost Coast, but when I went to download Deathmatch it asked for the 10 dollar fee to purchase the game.

So....maybe a glitch, but I got it onto the account via this so "meh."[/quote]

Almost all versions of HL2 include deathmatch, I guess maybe if you bought HL2 by itself on steam you won't, but every "package" with HL2 contains both, which all retail versions were that I can remember.

[quote name='PuNK45S']Almost all versions of HL2 include deathmatch, I guess maybe if you bought HL2 by itself on steam you won't, but every "package" with HL2 contains both, which all retail versions were that I can remember.[/quote]Well I got the orange box (non-steam version) so I don't know what to tell you.

[quote name='Firestorm']I downloaded The Orange Box off Steam and I got it. Maybe it's only for the downloadable version?[/quote]Who really knows.

Either way, i have the game on my account. But viewing the game's page on the steam store says I should purchase it for 9.95.

Ah, the mechanics of Steam. I will never understand it.

[quote name='Dem Pyros']Who really knows.

Either way, i have the game on my account. But viewing the game's page on the steam store says I should purchase it for 9.95.

Ah, the mechanics of Steam. I will never understand it.[/quote]

Its strange, pretty much anyone that has orange box is entitled to deathmatch. If I were you and I didnt have it just get it off of filefront, as long as the half life 2 game files are there it will work just like any other mod.

Well I already have HL2 Lost Coast and Deathmatch....and plus, Id rather buy the Organge Box...pretty cool though. Im sure many people will appreciate this

err, this sucks. I run a DirectX diagonostics test, shows version 9.0c. When I run portal, says i need a minimum of 8? WTH!! What's that supposed to mean?

Thanks OP. I almost passed this up because I thought it was just portal which I already own. I was just about to buy HL2:DM which was definately NOT included with the B&M copies of The Orange Box.

[quote name='Darklighter']Tried again this morning and the promo worked for my computer/account! Maybe the bug is fixed?[/quote]

Yaaaaaay -- I was getting that same error everyone else was getting last week and just tried it again after seeing your post -- and now it's working!!! Thanks for the head's up!

bread's done
Back