Free posters at Gamestop - YMMV

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Grabbed one of these while at Gamestop yesterday. They're giving out a pack of 8 posters for free that are about the size of movie posters.

Included in the pack is posters of:

Super Mario Galaxy
Assassin's Creed
Ace Combat 6
Clive Barker's Jericho
Time Crisis 4
Nights: Journey of Dreams
Unreal Tournament III
The Golden Compass

Thought I'd pass this along, since it's free.

Are you sure this isn't something your local GS is doing? Because that seems like an odd combination of posters to give away so I don't see it being a promo.

[quote name='Vinny']Are you sure this isn't something your local GS is doing?[/quote]

It's not something just my local GS is doing. They were bagged with a cardboard sleeve in between the posters(I'm guessing so they won't fold). Inside the front is a poster showing all 8 posters and in the upper right hand corner, it says "Free- Take One".

I'm guessing this is something GS sent to stores hoping it might spark interest in pre-ordering those games.

Yeah I picked up 2 packs of these posters at a GS last week but I haven't seen them at any other stores. It seems not every store got them, or they gave them away quickly.

I'll take pics in a sec... They're 17" x 22"
DSC02332.jpg

DSC02333.jpg

DSC02334.jpg

DSC02335.jpg

DSC02336.jpg

DSC02337.jpg

DSC02338.jpg

DSC02339.jpg

DSC02340.jpg

Picked these up today too. The Golden Compass is for my classroom (a lot of my younger students love that book) and the rest are for my nerdery at home.

The Ace Combat one is really nice looking. If anyone wants to pay me shipping for a set of these, let me know ASAP and I'll check my local EBstops (they had them a couple days ago). I'm unemployed and between semesters, I need to do something to feel worthwhile.

I got a pack of these for finding morrowind (xbx) still in its case, so the guy joked about firing one of the others, then gave me and my friend a pack of these. This was a few weeks ago. The assasins creed one is the best, and is on my wall right now.

This is actually for real I beleive. I DO remember going to the movies two days ago, but going to GS before. This little kid was holding something that looked ALOT like what you posted.

I have two spare sets at the moment. I'm going to take one of them to the post office tomorrow and see how much shipping will run. PM me if you'd like one of the remaining sets.

Yea they are pretty nice for being free. Assassins Creed, Time Crisis 4, and Unreal Tournament all are pretty cool.

Exactly the ones I like, Chodax :)

I've hung UT3 and AC, couldn't do TC due to no space or ideas on where to put it.

Awesome! I hope my Gamespot will have them when i finally pick up Persona 3(damn air conditioning people need to be here all day and keep me from my SMT). Since I'm not getting a 360, the Ace Combat poster will be the closest thing to a new AC game I'm getting...

I just want the Assasins Creed poster. Hopefully my Gamestop has them. If anyone doesn't want the Assassins Creed poster please let me know. Thanks.

[quote name='Chronis']Awesome! I hope my Gamespot will have them when i finally pick up Persona 3[/quote]

If they dont have it try IGN ;)

[quote name='tenzor']I just want the Assasins Creed poster. Hopefully my Gamestop has them. If anyone doesn't want the Assassins Creed poster please let me know. Thanks.[/quote]

i dont know if i want any of them. but keep checkin your stores i saw them lying around

Those are real nice, I'd love the UT3 and AC poster on my walls, too bad it's a slim chance any of my Gamestop's will have them.

I'm all out of them at the moment, I could only get 3 extras from my local GS. However, like everyone else, I'll be heading back to GS on Tuesday for Bioshock. If I can get any more of them, I'll mention it in here. Shipping with media mail to pretty much anywhere in the continental US is 4 bucks (that's including about a dollar for me, I don't want more than $4).

[quote name='RESmonkey']^What does IGN have anything to do with...?[/quote]

*ahem*

[quote name='Chronis']Awesome! I hope my Gamespot[/quote]

If anyone has any extra posters, please be kind to send some to me, i'll pay for shipping. im really into the assassin's creed one though. thanks!

[quote name='Wario64']that time crisis 4 poster looks nice.[/QUOTE]

2nded.. I am not a huge time crisis fan, but out of all the posters shown, that's the one game I can show my most love to.

[quote name='chodax']If they dont have it try IGN ;)[/quote]

XD :applause:

But yeah, I didn't check the GS where I got picked up Persona but at an EB inside the mall. They had a bunch of them basically hidden. They have one of those GBA game towers right next to the counter and it was behind the tower.

*sign*

My EB Games must be getting the news at the last minute. I've asked them three things i've learned on here & Kotaku and they had no clue what the hell I was talking about...

New PSP? No clue.
New HDMI 360? No clue.
Free Posters? Oh we give out display pos- WRONG. No clue.

Seriously, get some of your employees to move over to MD, these guys don't even check the news. Every time I go there I hear some bogus news like the last time I was there they told me that Sonic was in Brawl... riiiiiiight.

Damn. I went to two GameStops and didn't notice if these were in. Assassin's Creed, Mario Galaxy and NiGHTS are definately going on my walls when I get them.

[quote name='SanjiX']*sign*

My EB Games must be getting the news at the last minute. I've asked them three things i've learned on here & Kotaku and they had no clue what the hell I was talking about...

New PSP? No clue.
New HDMI 360? No clue.
Free Posters? Oh we give out display pos- WRONG. No clue.

Seriously, get some of your employees to move over to MD, these guys don't even check the news. Every time I go there I hear some bogus news like the last time I was there they told me that Sonic was in Brawl... riiiiiiight.[/quote]

Actually, over in Calvert County, the Gamestop employees are actually pretty great. The free posters were sitting out right in the middle of the store and employees were encouraging people to take them. Also, some employees even know about gaming news before me.

Too bad no where around here seems to have them (the employees didn't seem to know anything about them). Really would've liked the Mario Galaxy one.

Oh well.

I'm wonderin about the displays now... How do you guys get them? Do you just ask "Hey, got any displays that I can take off your hands?" Cuz I never noticed them trying to give them away or something...

You know what I want? That Halo 3 posterboard display that is like a pop-up book, and it holds a few Halo 3 display cases in it. All the GS/EBgames have them.

Hey pretty cool I went in and got my posters today and they are pretty awesome. I definately want the Ace Combat and Assassin's Creed ones and if anyone wants the others let me know via PM and I just might ship them to you.

I got the poster pack at the Gamestop in Midstate Mall in East Brunswick, NJ. Not the former Funcoland which is also now called Gamestop, but the old one with the old-style Gamestop sign. They weren't on display. They were behind the counter, so I had to ask for one. I don't know how many are left, but the guy didn't say it was the last one.

bread's done
Back