Free Promo Code for Dragon's Lair (Iphone/Ipod Touch Game)

Torque

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Rules:
1) Must have been a CAG member for at least 6 months
2) No Lurkers!!!
3) One post per person, double posts will be disqualified

To have a chance to win this promo code you must:
1) State your favorite Non Gaming app in the app store and why.
2) List your favorite game in the app store and why.

Good Luck All! Contest end Wednesday August 18th @ 5 PM EST

1. Toss up between Remote Pad and Apple Remote
Why? Because they facilitate laziness. Remote Pad because I can carry a mousepad/keyboard for my comp in my pocket (and next to my bed). And I can play some tunes hassle free from a spiffy looking interface.
2. Defender Chronicles hands down, it's my biggest iPod time sink without contest. I'm a sucker for tower defenses then leveling and upgrading in RPG fashion just puts a nail in the coffin.

1) Last.fm - Great because I can sit around the house listening with headphones to random good music with ease
2) Space Invaders Infinity Gene - Great style, no-brainer controls, alot of content, + endless replay value due to use of your own music library... nothing to complain about it.

1 Sound grenade, because one time I set it off to annoy a friend while in a line waiting for a movie to start and saw dozens of people
cringe their faces.

2 Pocket God, because one time I threw a pygmy at a shark while in line waiting for a movie to start and saw dozens of little pygmies
cringe their faces.

1. SimplifyMedia - Being able to listen to my entire iTunes library over 3G is awesome. It works great.
2. Peggle - Do I need to explain why? It's Peggle! Plays great and got it when on sale (.99).

BTW, the OP says the content ended yesterday, but was posted today? Date wrong?

My favorite non gaming application is probably Sound Box. I love all of the funky sounds it can make. Example of a good use: Last semester in college, I had a photography class. Sound Box provided me with the glass shattering sound, which was used in the dark room and freaked my professor out.... good times.

My favorite gaming application is Rolando. It is a fantastic game. It is LocoRoco, but much better (I own LocoRoco... so I am allowed to pass judgment). It simply has more to do, and uses the touch screen in creative ways. I still haven't picked up Rolando 2, but I will get that shortly.

Let's see... My favorite nongame app is iSSH. I manage tons of Linux servers at work, and iSSH allows me to get into them from where ever I'm at. Need a permissions change a webserver? Not at work? No sweat. The only thing that sucks is that I can't make SSH keys work :cry:

My favorite game app is definitely Bejeweled 2. My girlfriend and I have an ongoing contest to see who can keep the highest score. She's winning... 166,000 to my measley 96,000 :D

Nongame: LogMeIn - allows you to control your home/work PC from your iPhone. Even heavy duty stuff like running Photoshop works. The downside is that it's $30

Game: Peggle - seriously, it's Peggle. I have probably two dozen games but it's the only one that keeps me coming back for more.

1) Favorite non-gaming app is MotionX-Dice. Great for replacing dice for board games, and no more rolls onto the floor! Still technically not a gaming app!

2) Favorite gaming app is Scrabble. Close second is either Peggle or SpeedFiend.

1. Pandora is the best nongaming app IMO. I have discovered so much new music through pandora. Everyday I find at least 1 new song that i want. Pandora is the best nongaming app.

2. Best gaming app easily goes to bloons. That game can keep you playing for hours, it's crazy. Some of the levels are extremely easy, while the others are insanely difficult. I have played bloons far more than any other iPhone game. Bloons is one of the most addicting games on the iPhone/iPod Touch.

1) Pandora is my favorite non gaming app due to the sheer amount of music available.

2) Peggle still gets my vote. I've played it so much on XBLA that I had to play it on iPhone.

Favorite non-gaming app is Pandora. I like all the music available with no charge.

Favorite Gaming App is Poker Quest. It is a simple easy to pickup for a few minutes at a time of rolling the dice and winning more money.

1) Tweetie is my favorite non-gaming app, b/c I'm on Twitter alot.

2) Peggle is my favorite game, b/c its easy, addictive, and perfect for short play sessions (and was only 99 cents when I bought it!).

1. Documents 2 because it offers enables the iPhone with office capabilities such as editing google docs and uploading the changes, transfer files over Wi-Fi and has a sound recorder.

2. Defend your castle because it is fun and addicting

1) My favorite non gaming app has got to be AppMiner. I love having a constant feed of all the apps that have temporarily dropped in price. Knowing when apps drop to free for a day or two has saved me a ton of money.

2) My favorite game is, without a doubt, Drop 7. It's one of those games that took two or three playthroughs to learn the rules, ten to learn the basics of the strategy behind it, and after dozens of games I still find myself conceptualizing new ways to attack the game board. It's like Tetris and Sudoku had a baby. If you're a fan of both, you'll love Drop 7.

Thanks for the contest/raffle OP!

Hoping you mean August 19th :)

Non-gaming app- Free Drinks - Lots of fun while you're out and looking to try something new to drink, or when you go to a wedding and get free drinks you can just try anything. Plus the app was free and has thousands of drinks. Amazing!

Gameing app- iDracula - one of the best looking games I've seen on the app store and the game play is tons of fun. I enjoy the controls and just staying alive for as long as possible.

Since Mail isn't a part of the app store, I'd say my favorite "non game" app is AIM. I use it constantly for work, and not having to be attached to a laptop when I'm home is a huge plus.

Favorite game so far is Space Invaders: Infinity Gene, there's so much content in there with the ability to play through unique levels based on any song, and the style/presentation is amazing. One of the best shooters I've played on any platform.

1. IFitness, because it's an awesome app to get workout programs and has every exercise demonstrated.

2. Fieldrunners, that game ate away tons of my time because of the infinite level feature, too bad it seems they've stopped supporting it and haven't updated the levels in a while.

1) Facebook, because I love stalking people LOL! Runner-ups: LogMeIn, Shazam, FuelGauge
2) Baseball Slugger, because it's addicting and it's the 1 game I always go back to playing. Runner-ups: Let's Golf, reMovem free

non-game: Whiteboard cause I love to draw

game: Trace cause its a very clever game with 100's of different levels and save feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Favorite Non Game: Pandora Box because I love checkin' for deals (Honorable Mention to Calc10Bill because I'm an accounting student and it's nice to have a financial calculator handy)

Favorite Game: Knights Onrush because it's fun and I can pick up and play Endless Siege wherever and whenever.

1) Does WoW Armory count? You can't really play the thing, after all.
2) Space Ace is the only game that I've paid for, so it wins by default.

FML - Bite sized chunks of people having a worse day than me makes my day better.

Geodefence - Its the first time I've enjoyed a tower defense game in quite a while.

My favorite non gaming app is Fandango because I see way too many movies.

My favorite game so far is still Peggle. Its by far the most addicting portable game I have ever played. =)

My favorite non-game is the Comcast TV listings app because I still don't have digital cable, and it's my only way to know what's on. I use it constantly.

My favorite game is Oregon Trail. I love the nostalgia factor and the simplistic controls.

1. Favorite Non gaming - Count It off, It is a weight watcher app and works really good. Kinda depend on it

2. Favorite Game - Baseball Slugger, so much fun. Seem like the perfect iphone game. Can just play one matchup and feel satisfied. Good touch controls and the sound is great also.

1. The Daily Plate app from Livestrong.com #1 tool for my 40 lb weight loss this year.
2. Peggle...because of "Ode to Joy"

My favorite non-gaming app is the at&t U-verse remote scheduler, because I can view my TV listing and schedule recordings when I am out of the house.

My favorite gaming app is Metal Gear Solid 4 Touch, because I just love to play Metal Gear on the go.

Okay guys, my bad i did mean August 19th. The Contest ends in about 40 minutes so for those who haven't posted , get your entries in! I will be using a random generator from Random.org using a list of all your usernames to pick out the winner.

last.fm because it's incredibly useful!

scoops because it saves, and doesn't require a lot of thinking to move a stack of ice cream cones from left to right (and it despises vegetables)

1. Messenger is favorite non gaming app - Next to calling, its next best thing to stay in touch
2. Gaming app - MGS Touch, because its Solid Snake!

1) State your favorite Non Gaming app in the app store and why.
2) List your favorite game in the app store and why.

Non-Gaming
Doodle Buddy
Its a paint application and just like pictochat on the DS. I just paint a picture and play around with it. Paint applications like that never get boring on the go.
Gaming-Zenonia
I love hack and slash, And this one has some depth but not so much it loses its portable appeal. I can pull it out anytime and just save and recontinue from that spot. The games pretty comedic too.

1) For non-game app i would have to say it would be the Twitterfon, just because it allows me to continue the Opie & Anthony experience during and after the show.

2)favorite game still has to be FlightControl. I just can't get enough of that game. Perfect length of time to play on the toilet!!!!

1.) Zombie Weather Why? Because it's a zombie weatherman giving you the weekly forcast. Plue you can beat the zombie up.

2.) The Treasure of Montezuma Why? It's a unique twist on Columns and it's really, really addictive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nongaming is Twitterrific because it is the best Twitter client I have used yet.

Favorite game app is The Creeps because it is tower defense + cute fun

8-bit Synth: it is an excellent synth app that allows you to make 8-bit music using various settings. the presentation on the app is really neat to it's pretty fun to use on my way to school and when i'm bored.

Assassins Creed: it's more of a game than the actual console version and has awesome graphics for an app store game. it's also quite lengthy and has tons to do. this truly is one of the best games in the app store.

bread's done
Back