Free PS+ trials and Playstation All Stars Beta from IGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

thereefernander

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
Didn't see a thread, wanted to be one of the cool guys that make one.

I was browsing my facebook newsfeed and came across a post from IGN, head to this link and sign into your IGN account and receive codes for free PS+ trials!
I received two 30 day PS+ Trials which is awesome and the All stars beta is in the PS Store. US only but heck of a deal for free!

Pardon my absent mind:

http://go.ign.com/RXNT3D

[quote name='thereefernander']Didn't see a thread, wanted to be one of the cool guys that make one.

I was browsing my facebook newsfeed and came across a post from IGN, head to this link and sign into your IGN account and receive codes for free PS+ trials!
I received two 30 day PS+ Trials which is awesome and the All stars beta is in the PS Store. US only but heck of a deal for free!

Pardon my absent mind:

http://go.ign.com/RXNT3D[/QUOTE]

But u have to be a IGN PRIME member to obatin the code grr!! i cant obtain the code because im not a Ign prime member, can anyone spare me a code?? thanx in advance.

[quote name='xBURROx']But u have to be a IGN PRIME member to obatin the code grr!! i cant obtain the code because im not a Ign prime member, can anyone spare me a code?? thanx in advance.[/QUOTE]

what u talking about? i just registered with the site and got it

They must have changed it. Before you had to be a Prime member (their pay service) to get one. But it seems like anyone can get a code now.

[quote name='bjaigorgor']what u talking about? i just registered with the site and got it[/QUOTE]
i went to the site, i have a normal account on ign but when i try to obtain the code it says "Error retrieving code". It seems impossible to me to obtain that code, if anyone can spare or help me with a code...

[quote name='xBURROx']i went to the site, i have a normal account on ign but when i try to obtain the code it says "Error retrieving code". It seems impossible to me to obtain that code, if anyone can spare or help me with a code...[/QUOTE]

Thats what it was doing before last week for me, but I just went and I assure I don't have prime and I got a code just fine.

[quote name='angelfly']Both codes are 30 day plus trials?[/QUOTE]

I think one is a plus trial and the other is for the PS Battle Royal All stars, which doesn't quite make sense since if you have Plus right now you have access to the beta anyway.

I thought one was the PS+ trial and one was the Beta but they both were trials. I'm not complaining either though seeing as we can still download the beta!

[quote name='thereefernander']I thought one was the PS+ trial and one was the Beta but they both were trials. I'm not complaining either though seeing as we can still download the beta![/QUOTE]

So the codes are each a PS+ Trial. Wow, thats cool. Do each of them stack?

It says in the email that these codes only work for a limited time. So the chances we will be able to use all of these codes are slim

So does anyone know if the codes are tied to the email addresses or can you use multiple email addresses to obtain a lot of codes for one profile. Do you think this is done at risk?

[quote name='thereefernander']So does anyone know if the codes are tied to the email addresses or can you use multiple email addresses to obtain a lot of codes for one profile. Do you think this is done at risk?[/QUOTE]

This isn't EA, so yes there's a risk (if you use a ton of codes on 1 account). Sony has banned accounts in the past for abuse like this, however I have no idea if they will for PS+ trials.

[quote name='Snoop221']It says in the email that these codes only work for a limited time. So the chances we will be able to use all of these codes are slim[/QUOTE]Can you post when exactly the expiration date for the codes are? Edit: Never mind, got the e-mail & just says "Hurry, this code only works for a limited time.". Not really specific...

& props for the info. Signed up via directly, Facebook, & G+. Got 1/2 a year for free.

So theoretically, i use 6 of my email addresses and make a IGN account with each and get 12 codes, use them all on my 1 PSN account, I'm at risk for being banned? Is this a high risk of them finding out?

[quote name='thereefernander']So theoretically, i use 6 of my email addresses and make a IGN account with each and get 12 codes, use them all on my 1 PSN account, I'm at risk for being banned? Is this a high risk of them finding out?[/QUOTE]

Seriously quit asking your taking the risk or your not. At this point your just trolling. 12 is pretty greedy. I'm glad you didn't post your PSN when you made these comments or I'd call you a fool.

im not getting anything , just errors, can someone who took a lot of codes just please give me one, i would really appreciate it

[quote name='pandiosity']Seriously quit asking your taking the risk or your not. At this point your just trolling. 12 is pretty greedy. I'm glad you didn't post your PSN when you made these comments or I'd call you a fool.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to clarify the other users post.
I'm not being greedy, what if I only wanted a few and was going to give the rest away? I was just wondering since seeing other users saying they were getting multiple sets of codes.

It seems that you can only redeem 2 per account. I tried 2 more from my other IGN account and my PS+ expiration date is still 12/21.

[quote name='Zonic505']Can you post when exactly the expiration date for the codes are? Edit: Never mind, got the e-mail & just says "Hurry, this code only works for a limited time.". Not really specific...

& props for the info. Signed up via directly, Facebook, & G+. Got 1/2 a year for free.[/QUOTE]

Email says it expires tomorrow.

[quote name='Saiyan']It seems that you can only redeem 2 per account. I tried 2 more from my other IGN account and my PS+ expiration date is still 12/21.[/QUOTE]

See, pandiosity this is the kind of answer I'm looking for. This is useful information.
Jeez and you think 12 is greedy look at Angelfly over here with 28! I'm not judging anyone though. I was just kind enough to start the thread. :)

[quote name='angelfly']Ok I'm done as it's getting hammered now. Thank you IGN for the 2 years and 4 months worth of free PS+ :)[/QUOTE]

are the codes PS subs or the all starts beta/trails?

i cant get one either, and i would appreaciate people giving out some to people who cant get them seeing as how you can only use two per account. hint hint ! thanks!

I did get a error pop up once but if you just refresh and try again it might work. I don't have a problem paying it forward seeing as you can only use the two per account. Maybe we can start a new thread for everyone that is having trouble.

[quote name='angelfly']I just redeemed 4 in a row. So the 2 per account isn't true.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but what is the expiration on your PS+? Is it 12/21 or 2/21?

[quote name='shinn']i cant get one either, and i would appreaciate people giving out some to people who cant get them seeing as how you can only use two per account. hint hint ! thanks![/QUOTE]

I would if PSN didn't eat up my codes... Gotta give my props to IGN/Sony, seems like the joke will be on the abusers when their cards get charged on 12/22. :lol:

[quote name='angelfly']They're stacking fine. I just checked.[/QUOTE]

You sure? I've got 4 on my transaction history, yet my services says 12/21.

[quote name='Saiyan']I would if PSN didn't eat up my codes... Gotta give my props to IGN/Sony, seems like the joke will be on the abusers when their cards get charged on 12/22. :lol:

You sure? I've got 4 on my transaction history, yet my services says 12/21.[/QUOTE]
Remove your card after you stack.

I stacked 3 years and just reported my card missing so they don't have any way of charging :roll:

[quote name='Saiyan']I would if PSN didn't eat up my codes... Gotta give my props to IGN/Sony, seems like the joke will be on the abusers when their cards get charged on 12/22. :lol:

You sure? I've got 4 on my transaction history, yet my services says 12/21.[/QUOTE]

Starts: 11/22/2012
Expires: 03/21/2013
Next renewal date: 03/21/2012

I'm still entering them in.

There is enough people exploiting the free codes, I was going to buy a year of PS+ but if it's free, shit I'll do it. I have them but I just don't want to put myself or my account at risk. I always remove my billing information on PSN after I put it in anyway.

Angelfly, or anyone else still entering codes, do you feel your at risk?

[quote name='styl3s']Remove your card after you stack.

I stacked 3 years and just reported my card missing so they don't have any way of charging :roll:[/QUOTE]

Ha, you're right. All you have to do is cancel automatic renewal. I guess I take it back, Sony still can't get it together. :roll:

At risk of what exactly? You're entering a legitimate code so there no problem at all. It's not like they're stolen codes that they plan on giving away later.

[quote name='thereefernander']There is enough people exploiting the free codes, I was going to buy a year of PS+ but if it's free, shit I'll do it. I have them but I just don't want to put myself or my account at risk. I always remove my billing information on PSN after I put it in anyway.

Angelfly, or anyone else still entering codes, do you feel your at risk?[/QUOTE]
Risk of what? no where does it say you can't stack this or it's against TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back