Free PS2 demo disc (Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy)

I haven't played Sphinx yet so it's great thq is releasing a free demo, more game publishers should do this. Gamespot/IGN gave the game a 8.2/8.5, so I'm looking forward to playing the demo.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I ordered one of these back when Jesus was still wearing diapers and I still haven't gotten it.[/quote] Wow 2004 years your mail must be really slow

[quote name='unisol']I haven't played Sphinx yet so it's great thq is releasing a free demo, more game publishers should do this. Gamespot/IGN gave the game a 8.2/8.5, so I'm looking forward to playing the demo.[/quote]

Agreed. It's sad that so many companies want us to pay for their game advertisements. But as long as people keep paying for the demos, they are going to keep charging for them. I wouldnt mind paying the cost of a disc, but anything over like 3 bucks seems ridiculus.

[quote name='starman9000'][quote name='unisol']I haven't played Sphinx yet so it's great thq is releasing a free demo, more game publishers should do this. Gamespot/IGN gave the game a 8.2/8.5, so I'm looking forward to playing the demo.[/quote]

Agreed. It's sad that so many companies want us to pay for their game advertisements. But as long as people keep paying for the demos, they are going to keep charging for them. I wouldnt mind paying the cost of a disc, but anything over like 3 bucks seems ridiculus.[/quote]

What game publishers should do is, put a lot of advertisement on the disc to cover the cost and possibly make a profit from selling ad space on the disc (edit: and give out the discs for free). There's certainly enough space on a DVD for the game demo and ads.

I bought th game, but have not got around to playing it though, besides checking it out a few min. There are no voices in the game, so be ready for alot of reading. I picked it up new for $19.99 at EB.

I agree. Especially with retailers having firmer return policies, a pre-buy demo is an excellent tool. There are many games I would consider buying if I could try them out first. And rental places don't have all that many games.
I used to love the PS1 Jampacks. Five bucks for demos of 9-12 games. I know PS2 has them too, but I haven't picked any up yet--I'm full up on games right now : )

Ditto. I also bought the game because I played the demo and liked it. If more publishers would release games on demo, they'd likely get more sales.

Then again, there have been times when I played demos and because of what I saw on the demo decided I would have to BE PAID to play the full version of the game. :D

IMO, this really is a nice game with great graphics. But don't pay retail price for it.

bread's done
Back