Free PS3 in 22 hours

GameTraderWorld

CAG Veteran
I don't want this to come off as advertising. I tried contacting CheapyD about this deal a few days ago, but now there are only 22 hours left and I'm afraid he won't get back to me in time.

We are giving away a brand new, 60gb PS3 tomorrow night at GameTraderWorld.com and have only given away 125 tickets at the time of this post. You can sign up for free and earn up to 10 free tickets, with the option to buy even more. Check out all the details here: http://www.gametraderworld.com/monthlygiveaway.php

Hurry, this deal ends at 11pm EST Jan. 31st, 2007 !!

emeril.jpg

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']This is not a deal. It belongs in Contests/Free Stuff.

Reported.[/QUOTE]

opps. sorry about that. any way that i can move it?

[quote name='GameTraderWorld']opps. sorry about that. any way that i can move it?[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, it was already done! Thanks, you guys are fast :applause:

[quote name='AlphakirA']I signed up but never got any free tix for the contest :whistle2:\[/quote]

I think he's talking about being able to participate to get 10 free tickets.

This place is good. It's new but growing. I've done a couple trades on it and I would definately reccomend it. And whats not to like about a free ps3. It's easy to get 10 tickets (how many you can get free) and you can also buy tickets as well. Join up and list your games. Help GameTraderWorld grow :)

[quote name='Firestorm']I think he's talking about being able to participate to get 10 free tickets.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you do have to participate to get the tickets, but it is pretty easy. Rating games (0-100%) will get you 10 points and takes just a few seconds. You get a free ticket every 100 points. The entire list of ways to get points can be found here: http://www.gametraderworld.com/points.php

Good to see some CAG's have signed up. If anyone can help get the ball rolling for GameTraderWorld it's this place :D

EDIT: To anyone planning to add games to the database, I'll be up for the next hour or two and will make sure it gets accepted asap :)

Hey just a note, Voodoo Vince is not listed and i went to create the page and Beep Industries is not listed as a developer in the drop down box so i can't actually create the page.

[quote name='TheClassicObserver']Hey just a note, Voodoo Vince is not listed and i went to create the page and Beep Industries is not listed as a developer in the drop down box so i can't actually create the page.[/QUOTE]

if a developer/publisher is not listed, you can select '_Add_New' from the top of the dropdown list and a text field appears to enter the name.

I bit and signed up also i got 2 tix by doing various stuff on the site, didnt really take that much time at all either.

thanks op

[quote name='pete5883']No privacy policy?[/QUOTE]

The privacy policy is in the terms of use. It's pretty basic:

"We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. We use your information on computers located in the United States that are protected by physical as well as technological security devices. You can access and modify the information you provide us and choose not to receive certain communications by signing-in to your account."

Perhaps we will create a separate page for a more comprehensive policy. The bottom line is that your information is safe with us. (and we do not collect any payment information, that is done through PayPal).

*NOTE: If we don't have payment confirmation from PayPal by 11:20pm EST 01/31/2007, you will not get your tickets or a refund. So, don't wait until the last minute!

Oh Harsh!

[quote name='Mookyjooky']*NOTE: If we don't have payment confirmation from PayPal by 11:20pm EST 01/31/2007, you will not get your tickets or a refund. So, don't wait until the last minute!

Oh Harsh![/quote]

As long as you pay CC you`ll be fine. Besides you can get ten freebies which are instant :)

[quote name='ZForce915']If I have a ticket, am I entered? Or do I have to enter my ticket somewhere?[/quote]
If you have a ticket you are entered, check the contest page to see your odds

[quote name='Jedi1979']anybody else having problems with thier site?[/QUOTE]
if the site isn't loading properly it could be your web browser. We recommend Firefox 2.0 or IE 7, but IE 6 and Firefox 1.5 do work. The latest version of netscape should work as well. The site is standards compliant, but will not work in some older browsers.

Hypnotix isn't listed under developers...

This is really annoying.

How come you don't have an option to manually type the developer's name?

[quote name='PyroGamer']Starbreeze and Tigon Studios are not listed under developers... what's up with that?[/QUOTE]
Developers can be added when adding games to the database (using '_Add_New') if they are not there. Devs are just added as games by them are added to the database.

Oh you've got to be kidding me! Simon & Schuster Interactive isn't listed as a publisher.

Wow.

EDIT: Oh, I see. Sorry, didn't see that "Add New" option. :D

[quote name='MillerTime2523']fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!

I log in today and find 500+ tickets...

damnit! There go my chances.

Good Luck CAGs.[/QUOTE]
lawl.

All thanks to Cheapassgamer :D

i'm a little confused about the way a winner is picked...it seems the chances are greater for a larger number to be picked and if you entered early on then you have no shot at winning at all...am i looking at it wrong?

[quote name='Jedi1979']i'm a little confused about the way a winner is picked...it seems the chances are greater for a larger number to be picked and if you entered early on then you have no shot at winning at all...am i looking at it wrong?[/QUOTE]
The odds of winning are equal for everyone because we use the MOD function. The random lottery number will be something huge like 10,428,412 and we definitely won't have that many entries. To get the winner, we divide it by the total number entries and the remainder+1 is the winning number.

cool...im in for ten...

btw, what other contests do you guys have lined up?

I really like the site....hope it grows up to be as great as it could be...
As soon as I have some time I will add some info on missing games...

lol what if the remainder is something like 125444444444444444444444 -> nonstop :)
and i think jedi1979 is right it's hard to get a to those low/early entries as a remainder

[quote name='m3talst0rm']cool...im in for ten...

btw, what other contests do you guys have lined up?

I really like the site....hope it grows up to be as great as it could be...
As soon as I have some time I will add some info on missing games...[/QUOTE]

We'll see what happens tonight... This is the second PS3 that we are giving away from a lot of 4 that a colleague had bought at a high price from ebay. Last time we broke even for what he paid, but as we are giving away free tickets this time, we might not do as well. If we don't break the retail price in tickets, he will probably return them to the store for a loss. In that case, maybe we'll do a Wii next month ;)

[quote name='Guavazo']lol what if the remainder is something like 125444444444444444444444 -> nonstop :)
and i think jedi1979 is right it's hard to get a to those low/early entries as a remainder[/QUOTE]
It can't be, the remainder is a whole number. For example, the remainder of 23 / 10 is 3.

[quote name='GameTraderWorld']It can't be, the remainder is a whole number. For example, the remainder of 23 / 10 is 3.[/quote]
haha now people are buying them in 30 tickets, this is not bad idea :applause:
good luck everyone;)

i think i understand but does your example that you show on the site actually figure out that way? it seems i come up with 943 rather then 1261...

[quote name='Jedi1979']i think i understand but does your example that you show on the site actually figure out that way? it seems i come up with 943 rather then 1261...[/quote]
lol i think u are right
is the windows calculator is correct that 102,030,405 / 1,337 = 76312.9431

[quote name='Jedi1979']i think i understand but does your example that you show on the site actually figure out that way? it seems i come up with 943 rather then 1261...[/QUOTE]
Yes, it does. 102,030,405 MOD 1,337 = 1261. Try it on the windows calculator. Make sure you are using the Mod function (between '/' and 'And' on the scientific mode of the windows calc.)

[quote name='Guavazo']lol i think u are right
is the windows calculator is correct that 102,030,405 / 1,337 = 76312.9431[/QUOTE]

No, you guys aren't calculating it correctly. The remainder isn't a decimal.

1,337 doesn't go into 102,030,405 exactly 76,312 times. It leaves a remainder of 1,261 afterwards.

76,312 * 1,337 = 102,029,144

102,030,405 - 102,029,144 = 1,261

Hope that makes sense.

Easier example:

10 divided by 3 = 3 + a remainder of 1

3 * 3 = 9
10 - 9 = 1

bread's done
Back