Free PS3 with 32'' HDTV Purchase at Best Buy

J7.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Buy a BRAVIA 32" 1080p LCD flat-panel HDTV with a 80GB PS3 gaming system and save a total of $400!

Sony Bravia XBR 32'' Class 1080P Flat Panel LCD HDTV
$1099 + Free 80 gb PS3.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat172500050015

other offers with this deal:
Special Offers:

Financing:

pretty sweet deal, but i was only looking to spend 400-500 on a 32 inch (720P though, for gaming its better and from what Ive heard at 32 inches 1080 isnt necessary or even noticeable)

Yikes. That TV is overpriced for its size. You're overpaying for the TV, and hence it looks like a good deal.
Thanks for the heads up, though.

It's an awesome TV for what is really like getting it for $699 if you wanted a PS3. True 1080 at 32'' is not very noticeable, but it will be nice when you're viewing things that are native 1080, especially future media.

man... if it was free PS3 with any 32" or higher, I'd be there tomorrow morning at open. I'm looking for a TV/PS3 combo right now, but that TV is too much for that size.

Hmm, after tax and selling the PS3, it's probably still cheaper on amazon.

and don't forget to hire the geek squad to plug in the TV for only $300.

u dont even need 1080P under like 50" most people are viewing from 6ft and beyond!

its an okay deal if u were gonna buy the 32" cause isnt that thing like 600 bucks + tax

[quote name='ninja dog']Hmm, after tax and selling the PS3, it's probably still cheaper on amazon.

and don't forget to hire the geek squad to plug in the TV for only $300.[/quote]
Actually its $900 on Amazon & its not from Amazon themselves.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I got my 52" 120Hz for less than that...[/quote]
was it a Bravia XBR? It seems like everyone's knocking this TV's price, but I think this TV has really good specs.

[quote name='safire']If I had a lot more money I would buy this...[/quote]
me too. After seeing PS3 on HDTV at my friends house I do regret still being SDTV :cry:

[quote name='dragonjud']Yikes. That TV is overpriced for its size. You're overpaying for the TV, and hence it looks like a good deal.
Thanks for the heads up, though.[/quote]

This.

If I was in the market for both a PS3 and a smaller HDTV, I would really consider this. I already have a 1080p Sony 46" RPTV and the picture is great. A 32" 1080p set would really be worth it for pc gaming. But honestly, for anything else, it is overkill.

[quote name='joe50000']I used to sell those things. Trust me, the only reason they look that good is because they're calibrated properly in the factory.[/quote]

This is true...

I don't know if I would want to see 1900X1200 on a 32 inch TV....that would be some very small shit if I were to use it for a monitor....

Like I tell everyone (and like people have mentioned in here already); you don't need 1080p unless you're buying a monster size. a 42 inch would be great at 1080p. a 32 inch....hell....

[quote name='ninja dog']

and don't forget to hire the geek squad to plug in the TV for only $300.[/quote]

I really hope you were being sarcastic, lol.

it's a sony hdtv, of course it's overpriced!

really though, that is overpriced to the point of hilarity. thanks for that, best buy.

[quote name='mikesmith']if you do this you are a sucker[/quote]

I think you need to explain *why* you think that.

This wouldn't be bad if you planned on using it as a PC monitor also (certainly not at full price, however)

I was looking at this TV, but I'm not convinced it's worth the price. All one really needs I think is 720p set that will accept 1080p (it just makes life easier)

Samsung LNA32A550 is a much better value for 32 inch 1080p--it's $150 less than this Sony at at Best Buy for example, and available for ~$750 online. Should have better overall image quality too.

I guess this is an OK deal if you really want a PS3 though. Although I agree with other posters that 1080p at 32 inches isn't worth it.

I would just get a Samsung LN32A450 (720p model) for $568 on Amazon and then grab a $350 PS3 from Dell.

[quote name='brighenne']Yeah, xbr's have really spectacular image quality compared to other tv lines. It's not just the name inflating the price.[/quote]

I, along with my 52" samsung 1080p tv would like to disagree.....I have a samsung ln52a650 tv and it totally blew away the 52" bravia xbr.....it is the name inflating the price.....ask any best buy employee how much of a discount they get on anything sony and I guarantee you it will blow your mind....

[quote name='ninja dog']and don't forget to hire the geek squad to plug in the TV for only $300.[/quote]

Come on, man. Don't be a jerk.

They also put the batteries in the remote. :p

[quote name='knightbeauchamp']this tv was 399 during christmas deals. the lg 32 inch was 499 then too. and id suggest it if anyone can get their hands on it.[/quote]

I seriously doubt this Sony XBR series tv was ever $400 but I would believe that the LG was $500. If your paying more that $600 for an HDTV at 32", you sir are getting ripped. In other words your technically not getting the PS3 free.

the sony xbr series are among the best lcd tv's out there. Its expensive, but its an unbelievably good tv. Its a good deal since youre getting the ps3 with it.

[quote name='cmart05']I really hope you were being sarcastic, lol.[/quote]

I hope YOU'RE being sarcastic. Because it was pretty obvious the other guy wasn't being serious.

[quote name='Apostle22']I, along with my 52" samsung 1080p tv would like to disagree.....I have a samsung ln52a650 tv and it totally blew away the 52" bravia xbr.....it is the name inflating the price.....ask any best buy employee how much of a discount they get on anything sony and I guarantee you it will blow your mind....[/quote]

I have an LN46A650, same model, just smaller. I think the image is better on some of the XBR Bravias...if the Bravia was priced more aggressively, I would have bought the Bravia.

Ech. I think I'll pass on buying it and selling the PS3.

By the time you pay for the thing, with tax and shipping it's $1,200.

I picked one up Sunday and I am more than satified with my purchase. I have also been wanting to pick up a ps3, so in all I think it worked out fine for me. There are way to many haters on this board, flame me all you want but I only "use" this site to check out local deals. Once someone starts to discuss a deal they usually tear it apart on why its not good and how they could do better somewhere else. Sorry for the rant.

You can do instore pickup. It's a Bravia XBR guys - that's why it's that expensive. $699 for a Bravia XBR is an excellent deal. Like I said, it just depends if you were wanting to buy a PS3 at this time anyways.

HDTV prices will be super cheap.

#1. After the 2-17 DTV switch over

#2. Black Friday 2009 when stores are desparate.

[quote name='Furashu']u dont even need 1080P under like 50" most people are viewing from 6ft and beyond!

its an okay deal if u were gonna buy the 32" cause isnt that thing like 600 bucks + tax[/quote]A lot of people like to use 32" 1080p TV's to use as a computer monitor so there is definitely a purpose for these televisions.

It's only a deal if you're were looking to purchase a PS3 at retail and love the Sony name. Or live in Alaska and can't normally get online retailers to ship tvs up here. It's not worth it to buy and sale the PS3.

Also the switchover was delayed, but we're seeing $500 32" tv, so there is almost no excuse not to have an HDTV by the end of the year as they're relatively affordable now.

It "looks" good if you don't put much thought into what they are really trying to get you to do. Chances are it's going to be quite successful.

bread's done
Back