Free Quil Pen Stylus with your registration of Phantom Hourglass!

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!
Hello Again!

Hot of the feet of the Nintendo DS Light Brain Age 2 stylus deal comes another chance for free swag from Nintendo.

Here at Cheap Ass Gamer we like free stuff, right? Of course we do! What CAG wouldn't jump at the chance for something free!

It's a free Quil Pen Stylus, IF you register Phantom Hourglass over at My Nintendo. Oh, Opening Poster, how do we get this free stuff? Well....

There is no picture up on the main Nintendo site. No details about it. I found the article on GoNintendo.

Then as soon as you get your game, register it over here:

http://www.nintendo.com/productregdes

Nintendo is starting to get a little better about the free swag. Though it's nothing like Club Nintendo in Japan. Let's take all the free stuff we can get!

As soon as there a better link, or picture I'll put it up.

Happy CAGing!

UPDATE!

Go here and take the survey!

http://www.nintendo.com/hourglass/survey.jsp

And the point of clicking on the gonintendo.com "article" is what, exactly...? Surely you're not a representative of that site. I don't suspect that AT ALL.

[quote name='Vegan']And the point of clicking on the gonintendo.com "article" is what, exactly...? Surely you're not a representative of that site. I don't suspect that AT ALL.[/quote]

The point was to prove that the offer is real. There is no link on the main Nintendo site, so I wanted to to validate it for non-believers.

Yes, it's old news, Rocko, but no one knows about it so I might as well advertise free stuff.

i saw a nintendo rep at gs last week that had one of these. i asked him for it he said no. i asked if i reserved ph if i could have it he said no. i offered him 15 bones for it he said no. it was for the manager, must be bff's or something.

[quote name='monkeydeew']i saw a nintendo rep at gs last week that had one of these. i asked him for it he said no. i asked if i reserved ph if i could have it he said no. i offered him 15 bones for it he said no. it was for the manager, must be bff's or something.[/QUOTE]

LOL

Well, now you know how to get one.

How did it look?

I'm going to be getting Phantom Hourglass soon, so this sweetens the deal.

As for the Brain Age 2 free stylus deal, is that still going on? I might pick up the game in a couple of weeks, and it would be nice to get that.

And as long as I'm on the subject, does anyone know if the Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree free keychain is still going on?

AND! Have there been any more of these deals recently?

THANKS!! :D :D :D

[quote name='jimijumper']I registered my copy of PH today but no mention of the free quill stylus, anyone else in the same boat?[/quote]

Yup, I registered mine earlier and yet there's no mention of the stylus.
Thats odd...

Assuming the offer for the Quill stylus is real, it'll be up when they put it up. Don't worry about registering your game early. As far as offers for the Brain Age 2 stylus set and the Wii Remote Keychain from Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, both are still being offered.

After the Brain Age 2 stylus fiasco, I think I'll wait a little bit to register Phantom Hourglass. I don't want to spend the next week trying to get it to work

[quote name='princessamy10']After the Brain Age 2 stylus fiasco, I think I'll wait a little bit to register Phantom Hourglass. I don't want to spend the next week trying to get it to work[/quote]

what happened with Brain Age 2 registration?

I believe the page for the tsurvey that you had to take for the styluses (stylii?) kept going down and you had to be lucky to be able to complete it for a couple of days.

Yeah the page didn't always lead you to the survey. Someone on here came up with a very elaborate way of closing windows, logging out, logging in, etc that seemed to work for most people.

i see no mention of it on the current promotions page, as people have said. i assume it's retroactive? like..if they put the offer up next week people who registered this week will be able to access it?

Wierd that this is old news to some - it's the first I've heard of it. As soon as it becomes "easy" to do I'm in. Though I probably ought to pick up the game first ;).

I don't see anything on the register game page i'll probably just register it anyways i'm guessing the survay page will be up soon. I also seen something mentioned about this stylus on nintendo.com site in some article not sure which.

I just found the article about it.
http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=mePD8Co1IPtVVF0gBjk_X5ZOHVFC9d_u&page=newsmain

(My Nintendo members who register the game and their DS hardware at Mynintendo.com and fill out a short survey will receive a special Nintendo DS Stylus in shape of a quil pen..)
Not sure what this means.. I already registered my DS so i'm not sure I got a DSLite so I guess i'll try that I don't know. >,

Maybe this is just a delay while they work out the issues with their promotion sign-up procedure?

I'll have to admit that half the reason I bought it at release instead of later was for the stylus. The other half was to get the free strat guide (thanks, TRU!).

I'm sure it'll pop up in a day or so. If I remember right, the Brain Age 2 survey wasn't out until 3-4 days after the release date.

And it was a pain to get the survey to work, just as it was somewhat painful getting the remote jackets... but everything has ended up working just fine in the end

Perhaps the delay is planned this time since we'll be taking a survey about the game? I know the Brain Age 2 one had a short survey as well, and I'm sure they had many people fill out the survey early that had hardly played the game.

I could have swore I'd seen a pic of the stylus somewhere on teh internets...but my Google skills are total fail right now. I mean, I remember what the pic looked like, the way the stylus looked, the ZPH logo in the upper left corner...frustrating.

[quote name='eugaet']I could have swore I'd seen a pic of the stylus somewhere on teh internets...but my Google skills are total fail right now. I mean, I remember what the pic looked like, the way the stylus looked, the ZPH logo in the upper left corner...frustrating.[/quote]I remmebe seeing it to. No idea where though.

I don't think we are seeing any survey or notification on Nintendo.com for a couple of reasons. One being the "overhaul" they are doing on the website (i.e. the n-sider forums being taken down) and also they are experiencing tons of influx because of the Wii Remote free jacket ordeal.

I was having trouble with ordering mine so I called the number on the site and the operator told me to wait a couple of days because they were receiving "a staggering response since the news was posted."

If they are receiving a lot of response to the Wii Jacket messages Shipping, Receiving and Customer Service are likely all busy with that.

I don't think a picture was every released. Sure you're not thinking of another PH stylus? There are a few.

[quote name='Rocko']I don't think a picture was every released. Sure you're not thinking of another PH stylus? There are a few.[/quote]Do you have links to pics of some of the others? Well, aside from the promotional ones that are being given out w/ ZPH purchase at various retailers. The one I recall seeing was not a pen, but an actual stylus w/ a quill on the end.

Eh, maybe I was dreaming.

I just got an email from Nintendo that said I qualified for the bonus after I finished a survey. Everything went through without a hitch.

[quote name='Draccius']I just got an email from Nintendo that said I qualified for the bonus after I finished a survey. Everything went through without a hitch.[/quote]For the Quill stylus.

Sweet. Completed the survey and got the customary 4-6 weeks message. No email yet, but I only did it just now.

Thanks again CAG. :cool:

Thanks for the link Steve. When you filled out the survey, did you get an email instantly, or should I just assume nintendo's systems are still slow from all the remote jacket traffic.

Huzzah. Completed the survey. Fun fact, before you take the surbey it says "Stylus gift box". Guess they didn't edit it from the BA2 offer?

Can someone take a screencap of the picture of the stylus and post it? I want it for my DS Promotional Styli thread in the DS forum, but now that I've signed up it doesn't show me the picture.

Thanks.

[quote name='Draccius']I just got an email from Nintendo that said I qualified for the bonus after I finished a survey. Everything went through without a hitch.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up! I had to dig through my junk mail to find it!

bread's done
Back