Free Reward Zone® Gamers Club Unlocked Membership when you buy any pre-owned game

Kniq

CAGiversary!
Best Buy is offering their paid Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked membership for free with the purchase of any used game $29.99 and up.

Apologize if this was posted before. I checked the first three pages of threads and assumed there would be more discussion on the subject.

This normally goes for $14.99 per year, but I can't comment on the value since I'm not an Unlocked member... yet.

******************IN-STORE ONLY******************

EDIT: Sorry for not including the price minimum in the title, I copied and pasted and I guess it didn't fit. Also, I don't know how to edit the title.

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']Will it renew membership for people who are already members?[/QUOTE]
Good question. I'd like to know the answer to this also.

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']Will it renew membership for people who are already members?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this the other day as well...

[quote name='SleepyHeat']is the membership really worth it?[/QUOTE]

I think so. I like it more than GameStops card. The fact that they send out coupons with their magazines alone is worth it.

Some highlights I can remember (prices are after coupons, don't remember the exact $ off or w/e)

Brink $10
Hunted $10
Ico/SoTC $15
God of War Origins $15
Pre-owned Gears 3 $11

And a bunch of other stuff I can't remember at the moment. The +10% on trade-ins and -10% on used games is ok too.

[quote name='Kniq']Best Buy is offering their paid Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked membership for free with the purchase of any used game $29.99 and up.

Apologize if this was posted before. I checked the first three pages of threads and assumed there would be more discussion on the subject.

This normally goes for $14.99 per year, but I can't comment on the value since I'm not an Unlocked member... yet.

******************IN-STORE ONLY******************

EDIT: Sorry for not including the price minimum in the title, I copied and pasted and I guess it didn't fit. Also, I don't know how to edit the title.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to edit the title if you click Go Advanced while editing like normal, I believe.

Thanks for the info, I may consider it, though I seldom do buy used games that are $30. Typically like to wait until they are $20 or less. If this promo worked so that you got it for spending $30 or more on a combination of used games, then I'm certain that I could find something worthwhile to pick up for sure.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Shadows of the Damned is $29.99. Heard nothing but good things[/QUOTE]

Loved that game. I would probably pay less than that for it myself, but none-the-less.

Good time to pick up a first party 3DS game if you are looking, Zelda and Star Fox are both $34.99 used. Those games so rarely drop in price anyway after all. There isn't a ton that floats around at the $29.99 price, but quite a bit of newer titles clock in at $34.99.

Related note, anyone know if you can get the "free membership" if you buy a $34.99 game and use the $10 off any used game $29.99 or more @Gamer coupon? Is it a manager override situation, or will it actually work?

If I can extend my membership a year more I will, otherwise I'll just sign up my folks and have them mail me the coupons from their copy of the magazine so I get two of them instead of one. Worth it since I was already considering picking up a game in that price range.

^I dont think so. I actually enjoy reading GI, but @gamer seems to lack any pretense of 'depth'. Plus GI has the upper hand (currently) as they get features of games long before anyone else (in print).

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Loved that game. I would probably pay less than that for it myself, but none-the-less.

Good time to pick up a first party 3DS game if you are looking, Zelda and Star Fox are both $34.99 used. Those games so rarely drop in price anyway after all. There isn't a ton that floats around at the $29.99 price, but quite a bit of newer titles clock in at $34.99.

Related note, anyone know if you can get the "free membership" if you buy a $34.99 game and use the $10 off any used game $29.99 or more @Gamer coupon? Is it a manager override situation, or will it actually work?

If I can extend my membership a year more I will, otherwise I'll just sign up my folks and have them mail me the coupons from their copy of the magazine so I get two of them instead of one. Worth it since I was already considering picking up a game in that price range.[/QUOTE]

Probably not as it would be the whole "not valid with other offer" clause. You could be the guinea pig though if you want.

Btw in case you didn't read the other thread, if you preorder ME3 and are a gamers club unlocked member WHEN YOU PURCHASE ME3 then you get a $20 eGC. $10 if you are not a RZGCU.

It has been confirmed that you do not have to be a RZGCU member when preordered, only when purchased. So if you are on the fence now would be a good time.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Probably not as it would be the whole "not valid with other offer" clause. You could be the guinea pig though if you want.[/QUOTE]

hmm I'll try to look for a game with the most resell value.

so can anyone actually confirm if the unlocked membership will stack with existing ones as in someone actually got another year on theirs?

For the games above $29.99 it depends on the selection in store.

The ones I remember above $30:

PS3:
Gran Turismo 5
Resistance 3
Need for Speed Shift 2
Mortal Kombat
Infamous 2 (more expensive than new)
Killzone 3
Little Big Planet 2

Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3
Gears of War 3
Halo Reach

My store did not have any Wii games above $30 (was hoping to find Skyward Sword).

[quote name='Gamer SDP']hmm I'll try to look for a game with the most resell value.

so can anyone actually confirm if the unlocked membership will stack with existing ones as in someone actually got another year on theirs?[/QUOTE]

If you can then the gears coupon would be amazing and easily the resale one

It was pretty hard to find any good used games in stock at best buy that are at $29.99. Luckily I found one copy of Zelda Ocarina of Time for 3DS, and it was shrink wrapped like new with instruction booklet.

I personally think best buy's gamers unlock program is better than gamestop value wise. If your after the magazine, I would go with gamestop for game informer. The coupons for new games and pre-owned games are pretty good plus the bonus RZ points. If you time it right on a pre-owned game, you can stack 10% off plus whatever coupon you get with the magazine and double RZ points(4% off). Coupons in this month's magazine range from $10-$20. Plus you can also price match new games with any other store or price match used game prices with gamestop.

[quote name='Tallkido']Is gamer magazine better than gameinformer?[/QUOTE]
It's about the same quality imo(good reading for the bathroom or if you're really, really bored;)) Otherwise it's a shitrag like GI. Only good part about the magazine is the coupons, if you ask me.
[quote name='BudzMcGee']Loved that game. I would probably pay less than that for it myself, but none-the-less.

If I can extend my membership a year more I will, otherwise I'll just sign up my folks and have them mail me the coupons from their copy of the magazine so I get two of them instead of one. Worth it since I was already considering picking up a game in that price range.[/QUOTE]
I tried this on Sunday when I was out of town with the $20 off Crysis 2 coupon. It would've required a manager's override to do it. But you could always try buying whatever $29.99 or higher game FIRST and then getting it adjusted at the customer service desk with the coupon.;)

FYI: The promo for the "free" RZGCU membership only requires purchase of a $29.99 or higher game, meaning you don't have to buy a $45 used game to get it to work.

bread's done
Back