Free Sega Genesis Games for PS+ Users

sdragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
391 (100%)
Sega Genesis Games on PSN Network

Huge mistake Sony. Genesis Games for FREE to PSN users, but $4.99 for regular users.

• Sonic the Hedgehog – Available March 1 – April 5
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2 – Available April 5 – May 3
  • Streets of Rage 2 – Available May 3 – May 31
  • Golden Axe 2 – Available May 31 – July 5
  • Comix Zone – Available July 5 – August 2
  • Altered Beast – Available August 2 – August 30
You can buy the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and get all these, and a boatload more for around $15 - $20. :roll:

[quote name='sdragon']Sega Genesis Games on PSN Network

Huge mistake Sony. Genesis Games for FREE to PSN users, but $4.99 for regular users.

You can buy the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and get all these, and a boatload more for around $15 - $20. :roll:

[/QUOTE]

:???: ??? Huh...?

First I'm sure not everyone who has PSN+ owns the ultimate genesis collection, so its good for that.

Second, they're giving value to (and I've heard many complaints over the past year about what are they going to give, so now that they are, they're still getting grief???) having a PSN membership.

While I agree the collection is a better deal, some people just might want one or two of them, also as I said if you sprung for PSN+, and don't own the game, you get it for free, so what's the complaint again?

You can't exactly expect them to sell each game for like $1. And why is Sony being blamed for the pricing? Wouldn't it be Sega who sets that price?

Blaming Sony for the PSN + Pricing to begin with. Most everything they give you FREE are items most people already own or don't want to begin with.

[quote name='lokizz']will you be able to upload the games to your psp ?[/QUOTE]

"All six of these titles will be playable on the PlayStation 3 and will include trophies."
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...ely-to-playstation-plus-subscribers-for-free/

I'm guessing no.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with getting 6 Genesis Games as part of my PS+ Membership. I agree that Sega's price is too high, but they'll go down eventually.

[quote name='KillerRamen']"All six of these titles will be playable on the PlayStation 3 and will include trophies."
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...ely-to-playstation-plus-subscribers-for-free/

I'm guessing no.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with getting 6 Genesis Games as part of my PS+ Membership. I agree that Sega's price is too high, but they'll go down eventually.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget that they charge $8 on the Wii Shop for the same games without trophy support and those never have sales, ever. So the PSN versions are an ok deal. If you got a PSN+ membership, it's free trophy's. Can't complain about that.

man, you can never please all the people all the time.

I for one have owned the genesis collection but even if i still had it this would still be great. these genesis games would definitely get more play time while on the hdd rather than if i had to take out whatever game im mainly playing & insert the collection disc for a quick 5min genesis fix.

I was already considering getting plus. This is a neat freebie, wish they had a few others, but I understand why they would want to go with Sonic

Another good reason to have PS+. I already got the platinum for the Genesis Collection. Now 6 free, classic games with more trophies?! Sign me up.

[quote name='sdragon']Blaming Sony for the PSN + Pricing to begin with. Most everything they give you FREE are items most people already own or don't want to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

You're pissed at Sony for a service that costs $4.16 a month, max, and provides hundreds of dollars in value a year?

Even if you just joined plus in the past month you would have gotten the entire Sam and Max Devil's Playhouse series as well as Stacking for free. Those are hardly "Free" items or something people don't want to begin with. I'm sorry that PSN+ doesn't fit your lofty expectations, but get real.

To me the only downside of PS+ is that you have to remain a subscriber to use the free products you download, however if they keep cranking out the value like they have I don't see myself not renewing. 4 months in PS+ and I have gotten enough value in free items & discounts to pay for the membership costs at least 4 times over. I've been an Xbox Live member since April 2004 and I'm not sure if I've come received that total in free games and so forth (without buying something or renewing).

I honestly can't see the issue here anyhow, it's free for PS+ what more could you ask for. Yes, Sega set the price too high but Sony giving them free to their subscribers seems like a good move on their part not a bad one. As for it being something you may not want or already have perhaps that's true too, but I'd wager alot on the fact that there will be at least 2 to 3 other free games to download for each of those weeks if they keep the status quo.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Seriously?

You're pissed at Sony for a service that costs $4.16 a month, max, and provides hundreds of dollars in value a year?

Even if you just joined plus in the past month you would have gotten the entire Sam and Max Devil's Playhouse series as well as Stacking for free. Those are hardly "Free" items or something people don't want to begin with. I'm sorry that PSN+ doesn't fit your lofty expectations, but get real.[/QUOTE]

PS+ is a way to test the waters for Sony. I won't be surprised when Sony is charging $50+ month ala Xbox Live to play games online, simply because people will pay for it.

These freebies aren't really free, as they are tied into your account.

Sonics_Ultimate_Genesis_Collection.jpg

:: clears throat ::

40 games for less then $15.00 used, WITH TROPHY SUPPORT! I'm feeling a hurp durp moment creepin up. If you don't own the collection on disc, you're missing out on a ton of extra content as well. Oh, and a Platinum trophy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably get the disc collection and spring for PS+ since I've researched and seen on these forums how people get value from the subscription

[quote name='marvinhall05']I'll probably get the disc collection and spring for PS+ since I've researched and seen on these forums how people get value from the subscription[/QUOTE]

I've got no beef with plus at all, as a matter of fact I'm thinking about signing up for it so I can get that cloud storage. I only made a fuss on this thread because buying the actually disc is a better deal no matter how you try and slice it.

I already have Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and Sega Genesis Collection on the PSP.

It seems that you can't transfer these Sega Genesis games to the PSP, so I'm going to sit this one out. I'm not a PS+ user yet either. I would have liked Sonic 3 and Knuckles or the Streets of Rage games on the PSP.

[quote name='sdragon']Sega Genesis Games on PSN Network

• Sonic the Hedgehog – Available March 1 – April 5
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2 – Available April 5 – May 3
  • Streets of Rage 2 – Available May 3 – May 31
  • Golden Axe 2 – Available May 31 – July 5
  • Comix Zone – Available July 5 – August 2
  • Altered Beast – Available August 2 – August 30

[/QUOTE]

Poor Sony. They certainly can't please everybody.
I wonder how many free games XBL is handing out?

bread's done
Back