Free shipping at GoHastings.com with minimum $20 purchase

ohhhh dear. I was just wondering when we'd see another free shipping promotion from them. This site is almost useless with their normal shipping rates, but any time a promotion like this kicks in they do a complete 180 and become my best friend. Dunno if I'll even get any games but I'll definitely buy tons of dirt-cheap music CDs. Thanks OP!

Unless anyone spots some major price drops this is not great for games. Only really a good deal on games

i GIVE THEM ONE MORE CHANCE but i doubt anything will ship or they will mess up the order

got

Imagine: Reporter ds GIFT

NBA 10: The Inside PSP will dump off somewhere if i own it already i got one NBA game but cant remember what

Cake Mania 2 Ds fun little game to pass the time

Battle of Giants: Mutant Insects SAYS NEW

each game was 5 bucks

now to see if they really ship

EDIT I GOT NBA2K10 So seems i will keep that other baseket ball game.... Looking at stop buying PSP games since im doing to dump the PSP this fall since the new PSP comes out this winter and its NOT BACKWARDS

How are the condition of their used games? I've never bought anything from GoHastings but am considering getting some of the cheaper (under $10) PS3 games I never got around to buying.

Anyone know? This sale is as good as the ones GameFly has. I bet half of the games would already be sold out if this was a GameFly sale.

[quote name='Lucky13']Anyone know? This sale is as good as the ones GameFly has. I bet half of the games would already be sold out if this was a GameFly sale.[/QUOTE]

Of the 10 or so games I've purchased from GoHastings, not one disk came in bad condition. I've had one case with minor damage, but for the price of the game, can't really complain. Nothing but good experiences so far with them.

How are the condition of their used games?
While I have heard otherwise upon occasion, I've always received everything practically like new.
My only irritation with goHastings is with used DVDs they sometimes sent me the BBV cases :bomb:

Great deal. This is the time to stock up on cheap ($1) DVDs. Did it a while ago and still have a fun little backlog (watched Infestation the other night, loved it). Watch old movies then sell them to the local pawn shop for $1.50. Get paid to rent movies = win.

Also: This is why it's good to have a stack of items in your cart/wishlist with them. As soon as this kind of a sale is announced, you can check out without spending hours perusing the site for diminishing deals.

SLIDE: you KNOW you're going to play Imagine: Reporter yourself :). Without seeing the boxart, it almost sounds interesting.

For the record these guys are pretty good with customer service. Any time I had a problem with a used CD, they just gave me a refund and told me to keep the merchandise. The vast majority of their discs were in great condition though, including a lot of sealed items that were clearly brand new but sold as "used" for whatever reason (kinda like an anti-GameStop). The free shipping was also faster than I expected.

I've been waiting for free shipping to pick up some cheap movies. Just received my shipment of games from the 30% sale earlier this week, all complete and in great condition once again. So far I've been really happy with gohastings, hopefully this order goes well also.

[quote name='thereefernander']Do there games usually come with case and manual? I want to buy a game off there but I'd rather spend paypal :([/QUOTE]

All of the used games I've bought have come with at least the case.

And most of them also include the manual.

If someone wants to be the coolest person on this site and do me a favor if they are going to order $20 or more for free shipping,

If you could order Call of Duty World at War for me, I'll Paypal you for it...I'll make it a even $11 of the $9.35. PM me PLEASE!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thereefernander']If someone wants to be the coolest person on this site and do me a favor if they are going to order $20 or more for free shipping,

If you could order Call of Duty World at War for me, I'll Paypal you for it...I'll make it a even $11 of the $9.35. PM me PLEASE![/QUOTE]

Shipping's, what, $2? That's pretty much the same price. And no, I don't believe people can ship it to you cheaper than Hastings can. ._.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Shipping's, what, $2? That's pretty much the same price. And no, I don't believe people can ship it to you cheaper than Hastings can. ._.[/QUOTE]

If it's a disc you "can" ship it for less than fiddy cents in the proper box. Not saying I'd ship games that way, but others have and got it just fine.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Hmmm, 28 bucks for Tactics Ogre used...still a lot of moolah. But its sticking at 39.99 everywhere[/QUOTE]

37.99 amazon

How long does the free shipping usually take? I made a couple orders... I'm hoping to flip a couple of them to Gamestop while the extra $10 is still available.

Does anyone have any customer service experience with GoHastings? I placed an order a few days ago and got the 3 games in today but one has the wrong game in the case, all of the cases are disgusting and caked in gamestop and blockbuster stickers and adhesive, and only one has a manual. Will they send me the right game if I email them? After this I dont think I'll bother ever ordering from them again.

[quote name='genfuyung']Does anyone have any customer service experience with GoHastings? I placed an order a few days ago and got the 3 games in today but one has the wrong game in the case, all of the cases are disgusting and caked in gamestop and blockbuster stickers and adhesive, and only one has a manual. Will they send me the right game if I email them? After this I dont think I'll bother ever ordering from them again.[/QUOTE]

Dats why i only buy a new games..or GS used game (STORE i mean..i can check the conditions)

[quote name='genfuyung']Does anyone have any customer service experience with GoHastings? I placed an order a few days ago and got the 3 games in today but one has the wrong game in the case, all of the cases are disgusting and caked in gamestop and blockbuster stickers and adhesive, and only one has a manual. Will they send me the right game if I email them? After this I dont think I'll bother ever ordering from them again.[/QUOTE]A while ago I got a CD with some gunk on it. After I emailed customer service they gave me a refund and told me to keep the CD. Same thing happened when they sent me the wrong version of a CD. The only time I actually had to send something back was with a new-release movie (box got banged up pretty bad by the post-office). So you should definitely email customer service!

[quote name='BustaUppa']A while ago I got a CD with some gunk on it. After I emailed customer service they gave me a refund and told me to keep the CD. Same thing happened when they sent me the wrong version of a CD. The only time I actually had to send something back was with a new-release movie (box got banged up pretty bad by the post-office). So you should definitely email customer service![/QUOTE]
Will do. Thanks.

i wonder what happens if you order just enough to get free shipping and then one of the items get cancelled...

going to be total BS if they attempt to charge shipping cause your order falls under 20

[quote name='slidecage']i wonder what happens if you order just enough to get free shipping and then one of the items get cancelled...

going to be total BS if they attempt to charge shipping cause your order falls under 20[/QUOTE]A while back you could get free shipping on the whole order if you bought a new-release movie. I ended up returning the movie that activated the promotion (damaged in transit) and there were no negative effects; I still got free shipping on the forty-ish CDs I ordered.

Not quite the same example as your scenario, but it shows that they'd probably be reasonable about it.

[quote name='sixghost']Is there any difference between someone labeled "Previously Viewed" and "Used"?[/QUOTE]

Someone labeled Used equates to Slut. Someone labeled Previously Viewed equates to Crack-Whore.

[quote name='sixghost']Is there any difference between someone labeled "Previously Viewed" and "Used"?[/QUOTE]

Stay far, far away from Previously viewed. That stuff was rented and treated as such. I've bough PV stuff and it's never worked for me. I always had to send them back. Used is your friend. Whenever I've bought used, it looked brand new. I just bough Fallout 3 GOTY, when I opened it, it smelled new, the case and manual were in excellent condition, and the discs didn't have even 1 scratch on them.

On the GoHastings website, Used games refer to games which were traded in. They are generally in better condition. Previously viewed games are games in which the company has rented out to members. Most of the time, discount codes only apply to "Used" games and not "Previously Viewed."

Hope that clears it up.

[quote name='genfuyung']Does anyone have any customer service experience with GoHastings? I placed an order a few days ago and got the 3 games in today but one has the wrong game in the case, all of the cases are disgusting and caked in gamestop and blockbuster stickers and adhesive, and only one has a manual. Will they send me the right game if I email them? After this I dont think I'll bother ever ordering from them again.[/QUOTE]

They won't ever re-send you a game or any other item. They force you to place a new order, usually after whatever promotion you used has expired and the item price may have even fluctuated.

They will probably just send you a PDF to Media Mail the stuff back to them and then they'll refund you when it arrives. I still haven't been fortunate enough for them to say "Screw it, keep the wrong item" even when the shipping to me and the return shipping costs more than the damn DVD is worth.

I've been ordering 360 games from them on a regular basis and have never had an issue. As a matter of fact on my last order they double shipped my games from 2 different locations. Of course I checked to see if I was double charged and was not. Got like 40$ in free games.

[quote name='kodave']They won't ever re-send you a game or any other item. They force you to place a new order, usually after whatever promotion you used has expired and the item price may have even fluctuated.

They will probably just send you a PDF to Media Mail the stuff back to them and then they'll refund you when it arrives. I still haven't been fortunate enough for them to say "Screw it, keep the wrong item" even when the shipping to me and the return shipping costs more than the damn DVD is worth.[/QUOTE]

They actually price adjusted my Oblivion copy because the first one I bought didn't work. I picked it up during the 30% off sale, and now the current sale is the 20%. I called CS and they're really friendly. I'll continue to order games from them.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']They actually price adjusted my Oblivion copy because the first one I bought didn't work. I picked it up during the 30% off sale, and now the current sale is the 20%. I called CS and they're really friendly. I'll continue to order games from them.[/QUOTE]

Wow.

A CS rep I got refused to do that for me when they erroneously cancelled a game that they had in stock. They refused to price adjust to whatever promotion I was supposed to get it under if I ordered it again. I explained they were no longer the cheapest retailer for the game, and I would order it off Amazon Warehouse instead. His only response was that all I could do was place another order with Hastings, but no price adjustment. I placed my order with Amazon.

Received 2 outta my 3 games yesterday bioshock 2 was in great condition but F.E.A.R case was disgusting and had sticky residue all over it and am not talking sticker residue I think someone spilled soda on it and neglected to clean it oh well the game was disc was in good condition surprising considering how old the game is.

This is my 3rd time ordering from gohasting so far so good.

I've also gotten a price adjustment on a new order when my original order was messed up so I guess it's YMMV with CS like anywhere else.

Just ordered World at War used for just under $10 shipped...Way cheaper than I could get from anywhere else or from anyone on here for that matter! And shipped, psh!

I'm not hoping for any screw ups for a chance at bonus merchandise, ALL I want is for it to have the right case and manual and I'll be happy as a clam.

bread's done
Back