Free Sly 3 Demo @ Fry's YMMV

Orga

CAGiversary!
I went yesterday to pick up a network cable and found some Sly 3 demos on a shelf. Left the rest for other CAGs. Oh yeah, this was at the Fry's in San Jose.

Were you able to just grab one from Fry's? I'll have to stop by the one in Sunnyvale tonight to see if I can grab one. Definitely looking forward to Sly 3.

[quote name='Sockey']Gamer Advisory Panel Members can also get it from the GAP site.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I just signed up to get mine.

[quote name='Orga']I went yesterday to pick up a network cable and found some Sly 3 demos on a shelf. Left the rest for other CAGs. Oh yeah, this was at the Fry's in San Jose.[/QUOTE]

Does the demo come with the 3D glasses?

[quote name='Sockey']Gamer Advisory Panel Members can also get it from the GAP site.[/QUOTE]

I just signed up for the demo. The site says you must request by 8/16 (which was yesterday), so we will see if I actually get it. Thanks for the heads up though. Guess I should check out GAP every now and then looking for demos.

Oh, and I checked the Fry's in Sunnyvale, CA, and they had the demos, but they had taped them to copies of Sly 1, so you got the demo for free if you bought Sly 1 (They didn't have any copies of Sly 2, probably waiting for GH-badged versions to come in).

[quote name='lebowsky']
Does the demo come with the 3D glasses?[/QUOTE]

This version of the demo does not come with 3D glasses like the E3 one.

Not anymore. The deadline was the 16th to register for a drawing out of 100 G.A.P. members. Then there was a review writing contest and the top ten got the full version.

cool, thanks for the heads up OP. i swung by the Fry's in Sunnyvale today, and picked up 2. one i gave to my co-worker; she has an eight year-old that loves PS2 games, and the other for my brother. (i don't even have a PS2, but i pick up extra 'freebies' for people i know whenever i can)

they weren't taped to anything, the sales associate just pulled a bunch out from underneath the arcade stick panels and handed them to me.

they also PM a game for me; plus i bumped into one of my gaming buddies; very nice afternoon indeed.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']cool, thanks for the heads up OP. i swung by the Fry's in Sunnyvale today, and picked up 2. one i gave to my co-worker; she has an eight year-old that loves PS2 games, and the other for my brother. (i don't even have a PS2, but i pick up extra 'freebies' for people i know whenever i can)

they weren't taped to anything, the sales associate just pulled a bunch out from underneath the arcade stick panels and handed them to me.

they also PM a game for me; plus i bumped into one of my gaming buddies; very nice afternoon indeed.[/QUOTE]

There was a pile or you just asked for them? I saw that they were taped to the Sly 1 game and assumed that this was the only way to get one from Fry's. Man, I should have asked about it. Well, I'll try to go by this weekend to see if they still have any.

bread's done
Back