Free Southern Chicken Sandwich or Biscuit at McDonalds Thursday 5/15

smoger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
McDonalds has a new Southern Chicken Sandwich (and biscuit for breakfast) a.k.a Chik-Fil-A ripoff right down to the 2 pickles, and they're giving them away for free next thursday with purchase of a medium or large soft drink .

As someone who has eaten McDonalds a total of 2 times in the past 8 years, I'll be checking this out simply because i love Chik Fil A.. hopefully it tastes JUST like it, because McDonalds is 1 block from my apartment, and open on sundays.

Enjoy everyone!

picture1bf7.png

It's been out for several months in certain markets. While I wouldn't eat the sandwich on a regular basis, the biscuit isn't actually bad. Depending on if your CFA uses frozen or fresh biscuits on a regular basis, it could be better or worse.

It's certainly not a replacement, though.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']It's been out for several months in certain markets. While I wouldn't eat the sandwich on a regular basis, the biscuit isn't actually bad. Depending on if your CFA uses frozen or fresh biscuits on a regular basis, it could be better or worse.

It's certainly not a replacement, though.[/quote]

good info. Might be a nice filler for CFA on the sabbath at least. being mcdonalds, i don't think i'd expect a complete replacement, and would sooner give my money to CFA anyway(they always give back with little giveaways, buy 4-get 1, etc) :)

[quote name='lilboo']Man, I don't wanna wait! I wish I had some sort of coupon for these things.....[/quote]

I received two free coupons (one for each type of chicken sandwich) with my order from Amazon a few days ago. Keep an eye out for it if you placed an order with them recently. :D:drool:

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']I received two free coupons (one for each type of chicken sandwich) with my order from Amazon a few days ago. Keep an eye out for it if you placed an order with them recently. :D:drool:[/quote]

I was about to post the same thing, and these don't even require a drink purchase. Might make me go to mcDs for the first time in 3 or 4 years, just to see how it is.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']I received two free coupons (one for each type of chicken sandwich) with my order from Amazon a few days ago. Keep an eye out for it if you placed an order with them recently. :D:drool:[/QUOTE]

:lol: It was a joke. Some people would get it. If you got in on the Pepsi stuff fiasco, A LOT of us got A LOT of chicken sammich coupons :lol:

But seriously, these sammiches are pretty awesome.

[quote name='lilboo']:lol: It was a joke. Some people would get it. If you got in on the Pepsi stuff fiasco, A LOT of us got A LOT of chicken sammich coupons :lol:

But seriously, these sammiches are pretty awesome.[/quote]

whoops! I never looked through the original pepsi stuff thread and it looks like I missed out big time. I'm jealous lookinag at all the pics you all are posting in the pepsi shwag thread! :)

I have had one, and being in the Chicagoland area, and having no Chick-fa-lay, I love em', they aren't quite as good but pretty damn close.

I'm gonna be such a fat ass on 5/15.
I have several of those coupons.
It is also Free Iced Coffee Day @ Dunkin Donuts :lol:

[quote name='lilboo']I'm gonna be such a fat ass on 5/15.
I have several of those coupons.
It is also Free Iced Coffee Day @ Dunkin Donuts :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ooh, thanks for that. I don't need a coupon or anything, do I?

I've never had Chick-Fil-A (NYC/LI has none), but I had this with the free coupon I got in an Amazon package. It's one of the better tasting fast food breaded chicken breasts (behind Wendy's Spicy Chicken, though). It needs more than two stinkin' pickles though, like lettuce, tomato and onion.

We've had these in our market in the midwest for awhile now. I went down south the last 2 weeks, Chick-fil-A smokes this by miles, bigger piece of meat, better seasoning. I guess I'm stuck with McD's up here though :(

[quote name='lilboo']:lol: It was a joke. Some people would get it. If you got in on the Pepsi stuff fiasco, A LOT of us got A LOT of chicken sammich coupons :lol:

But seriously, these sammiches are pretty awesome.[/quote]

Think we got roughly 20 I gave to my uncle.

This isn't at every McDonalds. Check to find out, I work at one and we are not having this promotion.

Yeah those sandwiches well not the lunch/dinner one has been around for a while. Just never called it southern style. When I lived in GA and NC I loved going to get a chicken biscuit at Mcdonalds...those things were huge and only a dollar. The chicken actually was biger than the biscuit.

Then I moved to Cali and and FL and they didn't have those sandwiches available. Was sad until I got back to the "South" when I moved to MD. It's still good, but not as big...and now is 1.99 still very delicious. I want to try the other sandwich to compare it to the chik-fil-a sandwich though.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']It's been out for several months in certain markets. While I wouldn't eat the sandwich on a regular basis, the biscuit isn't actually bad. Depending on if your CFA uses frozen or fresh biscuits on a regular basis, it could be better or worse.

It's certainly not a replacement, though.[/QUOTE]

Does Chick-fil-a actually use frozen biscuits? Every one I've encountered makes them from scratch...

I haven't been to a McDonalds in years, and I'm not even sure if a free sandwich is enough to entice me to go...

I went and got my free sandwich from amazon and it was alright for free food, but not great, and 2 small slices of pickle? Maybe some lettuce and enough pickle to actually do something could improve it (I'm not a tomato person). That said, I suppose I can't complain about lunch for under 1.50 (I got some fries)

[quote name='hero101']It is a trap. You get raped on corn syrup water.[/quote]

Won't that give girls yeast infections? Is it free yeast infection day, too?

I tried it... it's not bad. it really is a Chik-Fil-A knockoff. It's actually kind of interesting to see McDonalds, the biggest fast food place in the world, mass market a sandwich that has three main ingredients: bread, chicken, pickles. Food prices too high or something?

Also, what's the deal with the free food coupons? Haven't heard anything about it. I'm interested. Tell me more!

This isn't some sort of Chic-fil-A creation people-- it's a Po' Boy on a hamburger bun. Arby's also has them right now (right down to calling it a southern chicken), and in the L.A. market, they're 2/$4 right now on sale. I bought a pair. It's basically a chicken patty with the aforementioned pickles and mayo.

But seriously, these sammiches are pretty awesome.[/quote]i have 20+ coupons
EDIT: these fail anyway, i think its $3 for the sammich by itself and all it consists of is bread, pickles and chicken....
my mc'ds tried to charge me extra for ketchup!!!
i just took it over to the ketchup dispenser and put some on it LOL

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Does Chick-fil-a actually use frozen biscuits? Every one I've encountered makes them from scratch...

[/QUOTE]

All CFAs have the option of ordering frozen biscuits to help on busy days or emergencies. The fresh version is obviously what they want you to make.

[quote name='Watchman']This isn't some sort of Chic-fil-A creation people-- it's a Po' Boy on a hamburger bun. [/QUOTE]

Wrong, and wrong. There wasn't anyone serving chicken sandwiches at the time, and they certainly weren't cooking them in a pressure cooker.

Cathy also single-handedly created the food court in the mall.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']I received two free coupons (one for each type of chicken sandwich) with my order from Amazon a few days ago. Keep an eye out for it if you placed an order with them recently. :D:drool:[/quote]

Yeah so did I. Ill see if I can scan it for you guys!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']All CFAs have the option of ordering frozen biscuits to help on busy days or emergencies. The fresh version is obviously what they want you to make.

Wrong, and wrong. There wasn't anyone serving chicken sandwiches at the time, and they certainly weren't cooking them in a pressure cooker.[/quote]

And you're horribly wrong.

From Wiki:
"A po' boy (also po-boy, po boy, or poor boy) is a traditional submarine sandwich from Louisiana. It consists of meat or seafood usually fried, served on a baguette (in the US usually referred to as from French bread). ...A "dressed" po' boy has lettuce, tomato and pickles; mayonnaise and onion are optional."

All this is nothing more than a bastardized po' boy. There's no pressure cooking involved, and never was. Pickles and mayo on a chicken sandwich are the only things that make this "southern", as in Louisiana-created Southern.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']All CFAs have the option of ordering frozen biscuits to help on busy days or emergencies. The fresh version is obviously what they want you to make.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... That's rather interesting, maybe that wasn't a policy at any of the CFAs I worked at? As I recall, the biscuits we made were always made from scratch, even on busy days.

i dont know if this is national or local but locally they have all large drinks for a dollar. I would have to imagine that they would suspend this during this sale or something.

That breakfest burrito thing they did a few months back. The menu outside said 1.59 for a large oj. They said 1.89 plus tax. I asked and they said to get the burrito free you had to pay the 1.89 price. So I said so its not really free its 30 cents and they had no answer. it was theft/ false advertisement but i let it slide as a burrito for 30 wasn't worth the fight.

[quote name='floormat']i dont know if this is national or local but locally they have all large drinks for a dollar. I would have to imagine that they would suspend this during this sale or something.

That breakfest burrito thing they did a few months back. The menu outside said 1.59 for a large oj. They said 1.89 plus tax. I asked and they said to get the burrito free you had to pay the 1.89 price. So I said so its not really free its 30 cents and they had no answer. it was theft/ false advertisement but i let it slide as a burrito for 30 wasn't worth the fight.[/quote]
Its YMMV
Ive seen large drinks range from $1 to $3.50 (it was like $5 in D.C)

I had this for lunch and might have it again for dinner. Wasn't bad really. A bit dry, but ketchup can rectify that. Fairly tasty and definitely their best tasting fried/crispy chicken. Hot a bit of a tanginess to it. The pickles were lame, as usual, but overall I liked it. Not for $2.5 that they want for it, but for a $1-1.5 , yeah I'd bite.

I didn't much care for it; if they were trying to create a Chick-fil-a knockoff they failed pretty miserably, because it tasted like a large McNugget on a bun.

bread's done
Back