Free Star Trek for Itunes

finsfan0210

CAGiversary!
Feedback
199 (100%)
I got this today but won't be using it so the I'm giving it away to a lucky CAG! Please post if you redeem it.

Your purchase of tickets for Star Trek Into Darkness has earned you a download of Star Trek (2009) on iTunes as a gift to you. We hope you enjoy the movie!
If you have iTunes installed, click here to start your complimentary download.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE iTunes INSTALLED:

1. Download iTunes for Mac or Windows, free of charge at www.iTunes.com. 2. Open iTunes and click iTunes Store. 3. Click Redeem under Quick Links. 4. Enter the code below. Your download will start immediately. Enjoy. Download code: EELXRJW3RLWL

So what's the difference between this and a bluray rip, asides legality? Is it encoded at a higher quality or come with extra features? The reason I ask is because I never been into digital videos. 99% of the time I'm popping in a disc or watching Netflix. I have millions of UV codes just sitting around and I'm wondering it I should take leap and start going digital.

I prefer downloading a file instead of waiting or relying on a connection with streaming.

I guess you can't scratch a digital file, harder for someone to steal? Idk it's 2013!

Edit: did you receive the movie code from the esurance promotion when you redeemed or were you not apart of that and just purchased tickets via fandango?

I say that as I notice it on there too for those that purchased and wasn't sure if winning and redeeming was considered a purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll see what it's all about. I just got a email from Fandango stating I earned a code the the iTunes version. Funny thing is that I actually won a code from the Esurance contest on Facebook, and used that credit to purchase my two tickets for the film.

[quote name='tokyostomp']I guess I'll see what it's all about. I just got a email from Fandango stating I earned a code the the iTunes version. Funny thing is that I actually won a code from the Esurance contest on Facebook, and used that credit to purchase my two tickets for the film.[/QUOTE]

I just won the Esurance tickets as well. How does the process work? Do you just redeem the codes, pick a day and time, and then it's free?

[quote name='imJustCHEAP']I just won the Esurance tickets as well. How does the process work? Do you just redeem the codes, pick a day and time, and then it's free?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, the theaters actually showing it are few and far. Be prepared to drive.

[quote name='tokyostomp']Pretty much, the theaters actually showing it are few and far. Be prepared to drive.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? I thought the promo code was basically like that Hollywood movie cash except only for star trek. We can't use it for tickets at any theater before the expiration date?

[quote name='tokyostomp']Pretty much, the theaters actually showing it are few and far. Be prepared to drive.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's because it's not out yet and you're only seeing theaters who are doing early screenings or midnight showings. Come tomorrow, there'll be a lot more theaters to choose form.

bread's done
Back