Free Stuff Friday - Assassin's Creed II

Thanks. This week is going to have features on the original BioShock - lots of game audio and our second music section (the first was on Morrowind a few weeks back)!

If you've tried to enter since Saturday afternoon, the site has been down because our Web host has had some catastrophic system failure. Thet assure me that our server is intact (despite the NOT FOUND error you get when you try to access anything) and it's simply a routing problem.

They keep pushing back the ETA for things to be fixed; now they're saying 7p Pacific Sunday.

Needless to say, we are NOT happy. This has delayed the release of the podcast we put so many hours into. And it's kept people from entering the giveaway so we're thinking we might extend the entry period.

Stay tuned, and thank you for your patience.

all i get when i click ur link

Not Found

The requested URL /2010/02/free_stuff_friday_-_assassins.html was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) Server at busygamernews.com Port 80

We're back. The hosting provider, WestHost, had a catastrophe Saturday. They were testing fire suppression equipment and it went off, damaging the servers and infrastructure. Our site came back today after 27 hours of downtime.

The very good news is that it appears no entries or site data were lost. I've approved all comments from this weekend (at least up until about 2 hours ago) so check to ensure your entry posted, There's a very slight chance that if you happened to post while the outage was going down, your entru might not have been saved (though you'd probably have received an error at that time).

The epic Busy Gamer Podcast has now launched as well. If you've played the original BioShock, you'll enjoy the revisiting of Rapture audio and music tour. If not, this spoiler-free look (no later plot points are mentioned) may finally entice you to give this innovative series a chance.

It was a ton of work, but it came out really good I think. Anyway, we'd love to hear your feedback.

And thanks for your patience. Not sure exactly what we'll do about the giveaway. Give me a day to consider what to do there.

To make up for the downtime over the weekend, we're going to extend the entry period by 24 hours - until 5p Pacific on Friday, Feb. 26.

What this means is that, for the first time, the next Free Stuff Friday will have begun before the previous one has finished. We'll see how that goes.

Don't forget, because our hosting provider fail this past weekend, entries after 5p tonight are still valid - you have until 5p Pacific on FRIDAY now.

bread's done
Back