Free Stuff from EB

regisphilbi0

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I run down to the EB near me every weekend. A couple weeks ago, I asked if they had any free stuff I could have. They said sure, and gave me a bunch of stuff. Now every week I go, they have some new stuff for me! Its amazing how nice they are. So far:
Pirates Standee
KOTOR 2 Standee
Ghost Recon 2 Standee
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Standee
Mario Power Tennis Promo Shelf Item
Around 15 or so Game Boxes (the oversized ones made of paper they have floating around, including Half Life 2 and KOTOR 2)
Punisher T-Shirt
Reseident Evil 4 Making of DVD
Oddworld Stranger Making of DVD
NBA Street V3 Demo
4 halo 2 posters (2 sets of 2 different ones- one set was for a friend)

All for free. I love that EB!

[quote name='JebusMcLucifer']Wow, thats cool. The only thing I've ever gotten for free from my local EB is a bunch of Sword of Mana holographic postcards.[/quote]

I had one of those.

You must have a very intersting interior decorative style to your house. You could charge admission to the 'Geek Museum' and then be able to actually buy things from EB now and then...

[quote name='bmulligan']You must have a very intersting interior decorative style to your house. You could charge admission to the 'Geek Museum' and then be able to actually buy things from EB now and then...[/quote]

He'd make a fortune if he charged to people hear you whine in jealousy.

At any rate, my local GameCrazy is this way. They've given me some stands, and i'm getting the KOTOR2 stand when they're done with it. Yay!

Yeah, i get free stuff from EB too! and GameCrazy and GameStop as well.

it doesn't hurt to ask, just be nice about it, and remember to thank them. :D (plus, it helps to be a regular and to do-business occasionally.)

that's cool, but I wouldn't be really interested in taking the game standees becausethat thing is just too big for me to carry around the mall.
Only thing I took was the small Kasumi figures for DOAU. The guy gave me all 3 because I wanted 1 to collect, 1 for me and 1 for my lil sis. I want that San Andreas bandanna too because I need something for my hair and I know they would give that stuff for free.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='bmulligan']You must have a very intersting interior decorative style to your house. You could charge admission to the 'Geek Museum' and then be able to actually buy things from EB now and then...[/quote]

At any rate, my local GameCrazy is this way. They've given me some stands, and i'm getting the KOTOR2 stand when they're done with it. Yay![/quote]

Actually, I agree with him... I can't understand wanting all that crap in your house. But then I remember many CAGs still live at home and are decorating a bedroom.. its not quite as bad at that point.

I wouldn't mind collecting some stuff to put into my future game/sports room when i get my own place. as it is now, i just don't have room for stuff like that, but it'd be cool to have

I frequent the local EB's, and they let me take almost all of their displays/promos too. Maybe it's becuase three of the last four months I was their best customer...

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='bmulligan']You must have a very intersting interior decorative style to your house. You could charge admission to the 'Geek Museum' and then be able to actually buy things from EB now and then...[/quote]

At any rate, my local GameCrazy is this way. They've given me some stands, and i'm getting the KOTOR2 stand when they're done with it. Yay![/quote]

Actually, I agree with him... I can't understand wanting all that crap in your house. But then I remember many CAGs still live at home and are decorating a bedroom.. its not quite as bad at that point.[/quote]

Yeah, I remember decorating my room as a kid with mario, sonic, contra, and star wars posters. when i moved away at 19, i had to get rid of so much crap like this that i had accumulated! Yeah, if you're living with the 'rents, you can totally get away with this (or if you have a game room in your house like I do - my wife doesn't mind me keeping all my nerd crap in there), but once you get to the age where you might want to *ahem* have a girl over, that shit's gotta go!

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='bmulligan']You must have a very intersting interior decorative style to your house. You could charge admission to the 'Geek Museum' and then be able to actually buy things from EB now and then...[/quote]

Actually, I agree with him... I can't understand wanting all that crap in your house. But then I remember many CAGs still live at home and are decorating a bedroom.. its not quite as bad at that point.[/quote]

Yeah, I remember decorating my room as a kid with mario, sonic, contra, and star wars posters. when i moved away at 19, i had to get rid of so much crap like this that i had accumulated! Yeah, if you're living with the 'rents, you can totally get away with this (or if you have a game room in your house like I do - my wife doesn't mind me keeping all my nerd crap in there), but once you get to the age where you might want to *ahem* have a girl over, that shit's gotta go![/quote]

Not if you find a girl who's in awe of all that cool junk...they DO exist, y'know...

All I've got are those big advertising posters lining the top of the R-Zone at Toys R Us...but then, working there, I get first choice as we rotate 'em out anyway. I've got Soul Calibur II at home somewhere, and here at my apartment I've got a Nintendo DS one and a Final Fantasy I&II one.

[quote name='crazytalkx']Bastards at Gamestop wouldn't even sell me their Halo 2 master chier standee.[/quote]

They legally couldn't do it. Microosft pays EB to have the Standee in the store, and if a rep walks in and finds it gone they could get in MAJOR Trouble. The guy at EB told me someone offered $200 for it, but he couldn't sell it because of the legal trouble. (M$ might have something similar w/ Gamestop.)

Most of the crap is in the game room. The only stuff I have in my room is Halo 2 posters and a Ghost Recon 2 Standee. The rest are in the game room. I don't have that much room for geek crap!

The Brighton, MI Meijer has a Halo 2 Master Chief plastic statue for $950.00

Who'd be crazy enough to pay thiat kind of money for that ?

those eb fuckers threw away those pennied out halo 2 posters. This is exactly what the guy said: "No we don't have any left. They were pennied out, so I threw them away." What is that? Instead of letting people buy something that is actually in their inventory and system, he trashes it? I wonder if next time there's a price drop on a game, he'll just chuck em in the trash. fuck EB i hate them with a passion.

bread's done
Back