Free stuff give away thread!!

Sorry for the late posting, but I forgot that I have in my position a couple of codes for $7 off an $18 order at Threadless (www.threadless.com):

HOT1_0FBFBCA6BD1E3F0387
HOT1_393A528AE4324FCACC

**Be mindful of the 0's (the #s) and the O's (the letters)

I hope someone can get some use for these before they expire (in like 4 hours EST). Happy New Year CAGS!

Borrowing from Hostile's terms
Rules:

• $3.50 shipped through Paypal for most items (for S&H, bubble mailer, time, gas, post office is a 20 min drive through traffic from my house,, Paypal fees, whatever it's $3.50 so I know I won't lose money giving away stuff)
  • One item per person.
  • I'm only giving freebies to CAG members who have 5+ feedback, or one year tenure with a decent amount of posts. Can be flexible on this, it just depends.
  • Gas is pricey most of this stuff will go out in bulk once a week
  • First come, first served, will be marked on the list as pending and to who
Here's what I have

-COD BO flight suit avatar for psn
-ps2/psx/ps3 av cables with s-video
-ps2 rf adapter
-N64/Snes rf adapter
-FF Tactics Advance Manual
-2x 3-cart GBA game holders
Pm if you want them

Posting some more freebies , even though most of this stuff is the same stuff I've offered in the past. Prices will vary depending on item(s).

[Free Trial Software , no individual purchase , free with just about anything else here]
World of Warcraft 14 Day Free DVD-Rom x3
Microsoft Forefront and System Center Trial Software

[General Stuff]
Set of 4 (of 6) Cat in the Hat Christmas Tree Ornaments (from BK)
Pinocchio 70th Anniversary Water Bottle (from TRU)
Eat this , Not That! (Original 2008? version)
Sonic the Hedgehog Comic - Return to Angel Island Part 4 of 4
PS1 RFU Adapter
Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen Pocket Trainer's Guide (Pre-order bonus)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time Explorers Guide (Pre-order bonus)
OXM Guide to Achievements

[Demos]
:pc:Medal of Honor : Pacific Assualt
:gc:Metroid Prime 2 Echoes (from Nintendo)
:ps2:Syphon Filter : Dark Mirror
:ps2:One Piece : Grand Battle (from Shonen Jump)
:ps2:Square Enix Sampler Vol.1 Drakenguard
:ps2:Square Enix Sampler Vol.2 Front Mission 4
:ps2:Dragon Quest 8 Demo x2
:ps2:OPM vol.110 and 112
:ps2:PSM Oct.2003 preview disc
:ps2:Namco Transmission vol.2
:ps2:Playstation Underground Jampack Summer 2002
:ps2:Playstation Underground Jampack Winter 2002
:ps2:Playstation Underground Jampack Summer 2003
:ps2:Playstation Underground Jampack Winter 2003

:dvd:
Treasure Box Movie and TV Show Collection

• Bonanza
  • Get Christie Love
  • Cold Sweat
  • Betty Boop
  • Beyond Justice
  • The Little Princess
  • Little Shop of Horrors
  • The Inspector General
  • Road to Bali
  • The Snows of Kilimanjaro
  • Guilty Conscience
  • Africa Screams
  • Angel and Badman
The Life of David Game (disk only , fair condition)
Newtype USA Sample DVD - Kaleido Star Episode 1
Megaman NT Warrior Episode 1 Preview (from :gc:Megaman Network Transmission)
IGPX Episode 1 Sneak Preview w/Music , Screensaver
Hikaru no Go Episode 1 Sneak Preview (from Shonen Jump)
Prince of Tennis Episode 1 Sneak Preview (from Shonen Jump)
Bleach Episode 1 Sneak Preview (from Shonen Jump)
UltraManiac Episode 1 Sneak Preview (from Shojo Beat)
Full Moon Episode 1 Sneak Preview (from Shojo Beat)

Also , reposting this for relevance , since I still have them:

Selection #1
Bunch of older sports games that I'm trying to get rid of. $3 shipped for the first and $1 extra each after that. And although nobody may take me up on this , if your willing to forgo cases and just take the game and/or manual I'm willing to go up to 5 of these games for $4. Cheaper even than GS.:D

:ps2: Games
Madden 2002
Madden 2004
NHL 2001

:xbox:
Madden NFL 2K3 2005
NCAA Football 06
NBA 2K3
NBA Inside Drive 02
NHL Rivals 04
NHL 2K5

Selection #2
Also have a small lot of disk only , heavily scratched ps2 games that I got as a lot deal from GameDealDaily. I have not tried these games so I can't guarentee whether they work or not , but I'm practically giving them away anyway.
Either take 6 by themselves for $3 shipped
or for each 1 selection 1 game you get you can take 1 of these for no extra charge
or if you get a 5 game bundle from selection 1 you can take 4 of these for $1 extra shipped (making it 10 games for $5).

ATV Offroad Fury 2
Dragonball Z Budokai
Dragonball Z Budokai 2
Enter the Matrix
Max Payne
NBA Street Vol.2
Need for Speed Carbon

Selection #3
One more lot of really scratched up disks from GameDealDaily. These are assorted bonus disks and episode disks from various movies , games and TV shows.
Take 9 of these for $3 shipped
Take all 18 for $5 shipped
Take 2 with each selection 1 game for no extra charge
Take 6 with each selection 1 bundle for $1

Best RPGs on Xbox 360 disk
:360:Halo 3 Essentials Disk 1
Lion King Special Edition Bonus Disk
:360:Madden 2007 Hall of Fame Edition Bonus Disk
:gc:Metroid Prime 2 Bonus Disk
Monsters Inc. Bonus Disk
:360:Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition Bonus disk
Sleeping Beauty Special Edition Bonus Disk
Star Trek Enterprise Season 1 Disk 6 (4 episodes and deleted scenes)
The Boogeyman Bonus Disk
The OC Season 2 Disk 4 (4 episodes)
The Last Samurai Bonus Disk
The Lord of the Rings : Return of the King Bonus Disk
The Sopranos Season 4 Disk 2 (4 episodes)
The Wire Season 1 Disk 4 (3 episodes)
Viva La Bam Bonus Disk
:br:Welcome to the Playstation 3 disk
Welcom to the Wii disk
One of the Matrix movies special features disks (not sure which movie or set)

Last edited by a moderator:
Borrowing from Hostile's terms
Rules:

• $3.50 shipped through Paypal for most items (for S&H, bubble mailer, time, gas, post office is a 20 min drive through traffic from my house,, Paypal fees, whatever it's $3.50 so I know I won't lose money giving away stuff)
  • One item per person.
  • I'm only giving freebies to CAG members who have 5+ feedback, or one year tenure with a decent amount of posts. Can be flexible on this, it just depends.
  • Gas is pricey most of this stuff will go out in bulk once a week
  • First come, first served, will be marked on the list as pending and to who
Here's what I have

-ps2/psx/ps3 av cables with s-video
-ps2 rf adapter
-N64/Snes rf adapter
-FF Tactics Advance Manual
-2x 3-cart GBA game holders
Pm if you want them

To the two above asking for shipping prices: Shouldn't a "free stuff give away" be free? When was the last time you won a give away and had to pay for shipping? Come on. If you have to pay money, it's not free.

Free stuff only. List your shit in the regular trade forums if you're charging shipping.

[quote name='Blade']To the two above asking for shipping prices: Shouldn't a "free stuff give away" be free? When was the last time you won a give away and had to pay for shipping? Come on. If you have to pay money, it's not free.

Free stuff only. List your shit in the regular trade forums if you're charging shipping.[/QUOTE]

No. These aren't contests... The way you want it, the person giving the item away for free should then have to pay shipping out of pocket? No. The way Kube puts it is perfect. They're giving away items... At least have the decency to give the person a few dollars towards the mailer, driving to the post office, shipping costs... Besides, you're not even paying for the item, therefore it's free.

I doubt you'll find somebody willing to lose ~$3 for every item they give away. Don't be a dick.

Oh, and by the way, scanning the last few pages, everybody who is giving away physical items are all charging shipping... Should they all take their items to their own threads?

[quote name='Vulgarism']No. These aren't contests... The way you want it, the person giving the item away for free should then have to pay shipping out of pocket? No. The way Kube puts it is perfect. They're giving away items... At least have the decency to give the person a few dollars towards the mailer, driving to the post office, shipping costs... Besides, you're not even paying for the item, therefore it's free.

I doubt you'll find somebody willing to lose ~$3 for every item they give away. Don't be a dick.

Oh, and by the way, scanning the last few pages, everybody who is giving away physical items are all charging shipping... Should they all take their items to their own threads?[/QUOTE]

As the consumer in this scenario, I would not call something free if I had to pay for shipping. You are still paying for the item, plus a little more in additional charges as these shipping prices are rounded and handling costs are applied to them. Furthermore, since the people I initially wrote that to have posted in here before with "free stuff", it would be more advisable for them to start their own threads in the regular trading section -- especially given that the shipping charges do not necessarily make the items free to the buyer.

It seems we differ on what constitutes a legitimate post in a "free stuff give away" topic. To me, this is a place for people to dump their free codes and other useless junk that is completely free of charge, with free shipping included.

[quote name='Blade']As the consumer in this scenario, I would not call something free if I had to pay for shipping. You are still paying for the item, plus a little more in additional charges as these shipping prices are rounded and handling costs are applied to them. Furthermore, since the people I initially wrote that to have posted in here before with "free stuff", it would be more advisable for them to start their own threads in the regular trading section -- especially given that the shipping charges do not necessarily make the items free to the buyer.

It seems we differ on what constitutes a legitimate post in a "free stuff give away" topic. To me, this is a place for people to dump their free codes and other useless junk that is completely free of charge, with free shipping included.[/QUOTE]

In essence, the item is free, aside from maybe $.50 the person might make in the end. If a shipping fee is enough to stir up a problem, you should probably look elsewhere. I know this is CheapAssGamer, but you have to realize that on both sides; do you really think the person wants to lose money while giving stuff away? Besides, on any commercial, when they give away a second of the item for free, what is the next line? Just pay shipping and processing for the item as well.

Go through the whole thread, and I'm sure you'll find a tiny minority (maybe 5% of the thread, tops) where people were willing to ship for free as well. On top of that, I don't think you'll find anybody else who would complain about having to pay for shipping when they aren't paying for the item at all. Guess you can't please everybody, though.

You're paying a third party for the service of shipping it to you, not paying someone in exchange for an item. You're still not giving that person anything in return, which is what makes something free.

[quote name='Blade']

It seems we differ on what constitutes a legitimate post in a "free stuff give away" topic. To me, this is a place for people to dump their free codes and other useless junk that is completely free of charge, with free shipping included.[/QUOTE]

I've been following this thread since two days after it was created and have just about no idea what you're basing this on. Shipping has always been on the recipient unless it was a code or maybe something small like a gift card since that is only the cost of a stamp but for the most part people pay shipping for free stuff. Has been happening since 2008.

Exactly as stated, the way Kube is running his freebie post is perfect. Why should anyone have to pay additional out of pocket expenses, in addition to the original cost of an item (if applicable) just so you could get something for free? If I were to be required to cover shipping out of my own pocket, I'd much rather just throw the item in the trash or dump it at GoodWill down the street.

If it were a contest, then shipping charges would be uncalled for. This is not.

Blade, you don't run this thread, so you have no place to dictate what this thread should be for, as you are currently trying to do. If you feel slighted by the request to cover shipping costs, then don't waste anybody's time and move along. Simple as that.

EDIT: And reporting your personal grievance against a 3-year-old thread to the mods is just being absolutely childish.

Thanks for the support guys. That little amount we charge covers gas and the shipping supplies.

Didn't want to re-edit my post just for this. Have a $7.50 Hollywood movie money coupon towards either Narnia : Dawn Treader or Gulliver's Travels which expires 2/28 (though it's unlikely either movie will be in theaters till then). I was hoping to try and use it myself but my local theater has already dropped both movies. So I'd rather someone use it then let it go to waste.

If interested PM me , the only request I make is (to borrow it from kube and Hostiles terms) you must have a feedback score of at least 10 or at least 1 year of tenure with a decent amount of posts. While I don't mind giving/selling free junk to a new user since I'd rather someone have it then throw it away , but something thats a total freebie I'd give to someone that seems like that at least "earned" it.

Edit:Highlighted the important parts.

My freebie post, terms borrowed from Hostile

READ THESE FIRST:
  • $3.00 shipped through Paypal for most items (for S&H, gas, bubble mailer, time, a past free item costed me extra, Paypal fees, whatever it's $3.00 so I know I won't lose money giving away stuff)
  • The free items may or may not come complete. It might very well be disc only. If you care at all or have questions, PM me... or bump up my tradelist with a question.
  • One item per person.
  • I'm only giving freebies to CAG members who have 10+ feedback, or one year tenure with a decent amount of posts. Definitely not ironclad but I don't want complete newbies to ask me for free stuff.
List
-N64/SNES rf adapter
-MLB 2000 disc only psx
-ps2 a/v cables 3rd party

PC games
-Half Life 1 pc, I think its the collection with Opposing Forces and Blue Shift, I bought it at a garage sale
-Rogue Squandron disc only
-Axis and Allies disc only
-Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun Disc only
-Simcity 3000 Unlimited Disc only

I have: 1 Dragon Age II Isaac Clarke Armors, 2 Halo Banshee Props, and about 10 - 15 Fable III Weapon codes!
I want: PAX East Thrashball Cole Plushie Avatar Item.

If there is anyone that plays League of Legends...

Here is a code for a free Limited Edition skin for the champion Jax, designed by the Penny Arcade team. It was given out to PAX East attendees.

Redeem it under the "Codes" tab in the Store section of the game.

FQ9V7WJVKTH79FD9

Enjoy

I want to dump all these guides. I want them gone ASAP or will be tossing them.

I think the below set should fit in large flat rate box, so whoever wants these (and provided that they all fit in the box when I pick on up) can have these for $16 (via no fee). If one cant fit, I'll let you know. The following guides are all new from various penny sales except PBR which was a clearance and it has more folding/bends on the front cover (qty of one each).

* Singularity
* Modnation Racers
* Mirrors Edge (HC Sealed)
* Pokemon Battle Revolution (was clearanced not pennied, and it has some wear)
* Prince of Persia Collectors (with the hand/claw on hard cover)
* Kane and Lynch 2 Dog Days
* Fear 2
* Zelda Spirit Tracks Hardcover green guide

Then I still have some extras from which I can make another batch. I have 1 more each of
* Prince of Persia Collectors (with the hand/claw on hard cover)
* Modnation Racers
* Mirrors Edge (HC Sealed)
That fit in priority flat rate envelope so $5.50 total.

PM me if interested. Priority will be given to anyone wanting the guides as either set above via priority. Will deliberate about any mixing/matching/parting in the future.

Gone, thanks for interest! If I didnt get back to you its because I didnt want to split them.

^^^ you and everyone else. at the moment its not and may never be. I dont want to deal with finding packaging. its priority or trash (maybe goodwill) at this time. convenience for me is what i want.

READ THESE FIRST:
-$3.00 shipped through Paypal for most items (for S&H, gas, bubble mailer, time, a past free item costed me extra, Paypal fees, whatever it's $3.00 so I know I won't lose money giving away stuff)
-The free items may or may not come complete. It might very well be disc only. If you care at all or have questions, PM me... or bump up my tradelist with a question.
-One item per person.
-I'm only giving freebies to CAG members who have 10+ feedback, or one year tenure with a decent amount of posts. Definitely not ironclad but I don't want complete newbies to ask me for free stuff.

List
-N64/SNES rf adapter
-MLB 2000 disc only psx

PC games
-Witcher Enhanced edition minus the game discs.

I have a guest pass for WoW including 10 free days of gameplay. First to PM me gets it!

Have the following free stuff, just pay shipping:

:xbox: Splinter Cell (original, non PH version)
:xbox: RF Adapter
:xbox: Memory card
:360: White controller battery cover
Roxio Videowave 7 and some other software that came with it
USB extensions for normal PC USB ports

Please take this crap off of my hands, I need to rid myself of a lot of stuff here.

Don't know if this is allowed or a good deal, but I have a free shipping code (good up to $25 worth) for use at HSN.com on one single item. The email I received says it can also be applied towards "clearance, sale, and event priced items". One time use and expires on August 15.

First person to PM me with "CM Punk Rules" in the subject line gets the code.

I've got two, really old PC games: Heavy Metal FAKK 2 and Oni. These are the jewel case versions (complete). These will need some modding and patching to work on Windows Vista and 7, because they weren't designed for them. These work fine on 98 and XP.

Either take one or both. Shipping will be $3 for one, $3.75 for both.

I have three promo codes for 25% off an HP order $599 or higher that were received with today's HP TouchPad update to giveaway. First three members to PM me their email will have the promo code email forwarded to them!

Deleted old post to repost that all of the items are still available.

Have the following free stuff, just pay shipping:

:xbox: Splinter Cell (original, non PH version)
:xbox: RF Adapter
:xbox: Memory card
:360: White controller battery cover
USB extensions for normal PC USB ports

Please take this crap off of my hands, I need to rid myself of a lot of stuff here.

READ THESE FIRST:
-$3.00 shipped through Paypal for most items (for S&H, gas, bubble mailer, time, a past free item costed me extra, Paypal fees, whatever it's $3.00 so I know I won't lose money giving away stuff)
-The free items may or may not come complete. It might very well be disc only. If you care at all or have questions, PM me... or bump up my tradelist with a question.
-One item per person.
-I'm only giving freebies to CAG members who have 10+ feedback, or one year tenure with a decent amount of posts. Definitely not ironclad but I don't want complete newbies to ask me for free stuff.

List
-N64/SNES rf adapter
-MLB 2000 disc only psx

PC games
-Witcher Enhanced edition minus the game discs.

Guides-

Halo 2 Guide (You pay shipping)
Stack of 10 GameInformers (You pay shipping)

VHS-(Make an offer)
Dirty dancing
Fried green tomatoes
Black hawk down
The glass house
Proof of life
6th sense
First knight
What lies beneath
Xfiles
The others
A river runs through it
Animal house
All the pretty horses
Enemy at the gates
Spiderman
The saint

Below are 12 codes for $1 DVD rentals from Blockbuster Express kiosks. These codes expire on 10/17/11 and are able to be applied one per cart.

8650BW9
75DWTM8
36MAYB5
37ABDP5
37KRFT6
26SLRH6
37WHZS4
73NCCC5
33KJRD7
26BPSP2
94JRTW2
63JBHG6

Below are 13 codes for DVD rentals from Blockbuster Express kiosks. These codes expire on 11/11/11 (at Midnight) and are able to be applied one per cart.

25JRTW9
92BPSP9
85JBHG8
64SGLM7
59CDJS4
45KWMR4
23DABC5
45CEHW6
JDLJTA
4NLESJ
XKXRTG
KVQCLH
QH84TD

FAQ

1. How many movies can I rent with these codes?
A: There is a maximum of 5 rentals per credit card/per day.

2. What do these codes apply to?
A: These codes apply to any regular DVD movie rental.

Effective 10/17/11 - The $1 discount will also apply to "Hot List" titles, Blu-ray, and Video Game rentals. However, it will only reduce the daily rate by $1.

For Example: $2.99 Hot List Title - $1.00 Promo Code = $1.99 Rental

3. Are these one-time use codes?
A: No, they are multi-use codes. You can use each code 1 time per credit card.

4. Can I use these codes for an online reservation?
A: Yes, you can. The codes should apply a $1 discount just as they would at a kiosk. However, in certain locations, some people have reported trouble using the discount codes online. If such is the case, please apply them directly at the kiosk.

[quote name='Jack']I have 8 broken NES games:

Tiny Toon Adventures
Paperboy
Kung Fu
10 Yard Fight
Excitebike
Baseball
Donkey Kong Jr
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt

If you want them, they're yours for the cost of postage.[/QUOTE]

How much for postage? I would be interested.

bread's done
Back