Free Sword from King of Swords

shadowtek

CAGiversary!
KingofSwords.com offers unique handmade swords, final fantasy swords, other video game swords, and movie replicas as well as other fantasy related collectibles.

Whether you’re looking for medieval swords or something a little more futuristic, KingOfSwords.com has the internet’s largest collection of swords, knives, daggers, armor and other accoutrements.

http://www.kingofswords.com/blog.php

Click on, submit post for free sword - Easy!

[quote name='Brian9824']You need to have a webpage to do this don't you? If not anyone got a simple site I can enter info on?[/QUOTE]

Not really, I think any blog will do.

[quote name='shadowtek']Not really, I think any blog will do.[/quote]

Actually, they do exclude some blogs:

** Please Exclude: myspace.com, livejournal.com, blogspot.com, wordpress.com, vox.com, xanga.com **

I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks, OP!

WOAH that site has what I'm looking for! A real looking hyrulean shield, SCORE! Everywhere else has crappy knockoffs. Anyways heres to hoping it goes through, always love more steel for the collection.

[quote name='Miranda']Actually, they do exclude some blogs:[/quote]
fuck, is blogspot and "blogger.com" the same thing? Where else can I use that's free and easy to make a blog?

[quote name='vicious7171']fuck, is blogspot and "blogger.com" the same thing? Where else can I use that's free and easy to make a blog?[/quote]
Unfortunately, yes, they're the same thing.

For anyone who has a blog that's in the exclusions list and you don't have your own domain name, you can register an account at

http://www.789mb.com

You'll get a free subdomain. yourusername.789mb.com

Their control panel includes an automatic script installer. WordPress is one of the things included with the installer. So you can install WordPress, make some posts, write about kingofswords.com and request your free sword.:)

EDIT: I just tried out their auto-installer and it kind of sucks. You need to create a database and database user first, then assign all priveleges to the user to the database.

Then run the wordpress installer. When you get to the page that gives you the error that it can't find the config file, click the option to make a config file. Use the database name, database username, and password that you made, then go through the rest of the setup process and your blog should be all set.

I just used Gamespots blog they give you. I knew that site woul be useful for something. Its a shame they don't let you pick what sword you want.

i used my gametrailers blog, got an email from "the king" after submitting my link.

Your Blog Contest Submission has been RECEIVED! Please allow up to 72 hours for confirmation via email that your post is accepted. You will then receive your FREE SWORD within 7-14 days. Thank You for participating!

I agree. KingofSwords.com does offer unique handmade swords, final fantasy swords, other video game swords, and movie replicas as well as other fantasy related collectibles.

Whether you’re looking for medieval swords or something a little more futuristic, KingOfSwords.com has the internet’s largest collection of swords, knives, daggers, armor and other accoutrements.

http://www.kingofswords.com/blog.php

Click on, submit post for free sword - Easy!

If anyone buys the Zelda Shield Sword Combo will you please post some real pictures I cant tell what they look like from the web site.

[quote name='Rhippo']I cant tell what they look like from the web site.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure that's what this whole business is based on.

I just got an e-mail confirmation that the sword was shipping out today. I was authorized for a Final Fantasy sword, but I took a chance and asked for a different one, and I was approved right away!

I'll post again when it shows up. If it's as cool as it looks on the site, I'll break down and get the sister blade as well..

(Not goin' inta specifics until it's in my hands)

you got to choose yours? Wasn't it gonna be shipped randomly? Anyway I got that same email today also, I wouldn't be surprised if the sword arrives and its just a letter opener of some sort :lol:

I got the same email, even using my blogspot blog.

"Just letting you know that your post was successfully
received and your FREE SWORD is shipping out today from
our Atlanta facility via FedEX. You should receive tracking
verification before end of business day today."

[edit] Thanks for the help Miranda. I'm not sure what they do for checking these blogs, since mine went through anyways. We'll see what happens...

I got my free sword shipped but couldnt choose. They told me when I asked that their selection is random but most of it is ninja display swords. They said they would be having more contests each month and some you can choose what to get for prize

[quote name='ahou']i used my gametrailers blog, got an email from "the king" after submitting my link.[/quote] Nevermind got it to work. Going to send it to them now and see what happens.

Thanks op.

recieved shipment notification. package weight is 6 lbs so its probably not gonna be a letter opener :lol:

i also sent a question asking what types of swords are being sent for the promo and the answer i got was a random choosing out of six types of swords at their warehouse.

I put up a blog post and sent them a link and they got back to me saying the "King" was going to review it, but they never got back to me after that. If they don't send me my free sword, I'm gonna update my post stating how they don't send swords and change all the keyword links to "cheapassgamer.com" :)

[quote name='pete5883']I'm pretty sure that's what this whole business is based on.[/quote]
From experiences with these things - I know the Master Sword with the good looking sheath is utter crap. Looks bad, blade looks like it could pop out of the handle, so on. Chances are some of the stuffs better, but I would say a large amount is mass produced in Korea (My Master Sword actualy has "Made in Korea" in large bold black print on the blade.)

But I want the new hyrulean shield and a nice lockpick set.

edit

I submitted something before but had no feedback and ended up changing my site around (Drasticaly, as in old link would be dead) So I tossed a new/better one up and resubmitted it, hopefully I hear back soon.

[quote name='Brian9824']My package is only 3 pounds :whistle2:([/quote]

Ditto. I don't think 3lbs. is terribly light for a sword, but I'm curious to see what we get as opposed to ahou's 6 pounder.

At least you got something from them. I actually paid for two swords from them and waiting about 4 months and recieved nothing. After not being able to get ahold of anyone about where my swords were I ended up getting a chargeback on my mastercard and getting my money back.

[quote name='CAG 79']Maybe they sent you a dagger instead.[/quote]Personally I'm hoping for a dagger over a sword.

bread's done
Back