Free three months of OnLive for the first 25k subscribers

I preregistered, as nice as it seems though, I don't think I'll do any more then the first 3 months, I like actually owning the games I buy. But I think OnLive will blow services like GameTap out of the water.

Preregistered. Figured if nothing else it'll be interesting to try out the service with some demos. Pretty sure they initially advertised a flat fee for access to all games though and I'm pretty pissed they're moving to an ala carte model along with the fee.

Just FYI:

"Waiver of Service Fee includes free access to OnLive’s Game Service including game demos, video profiles and community features, but does not include playing full versions of games, which are to be purchased or rented separately."

Waiver of Service Fee includes free access to OnLive’s Game Service including game demos, video profiles and community features, but does not include playing full versions of games, which are to be purchased or rented separately.

Does that mean what I think it means?

hmmm I signed up... but I don't like the idea of buying a game, cancelling my subscription down the line, and losing the ability to play the game i bought.

so i have to pay $15 a month to get in and i don't have access to my games unless i pay it? and you have to pay a full retail price?

um, no

I've heard a lot about this service; it's supposed to revolutionize the gaming industry. Although streaming games (ahem, DEMOS) is a brilliant idea, the price isn't very attractive. Why would we pay for such a service when we can go to Gamestop, Amazon.com, Walmart, etc and get BETTER prices for a hard copy of the game?

This "revolutionary" service lacks logic if you ask me.

Now.. if we could stream the entire game without the burden of having to upgrade our rigs at a low monthly rate of $14.95.. now that's genius.

Anyway, thanks OP for the heads up! :)

bread's done
Back