Free Trial Month of Gamefly.

Weird, the link still works for me. And I think if you have an account then you can use a new email as long as you use a new CC too. Maybe they check the address, I'm not too sure.

[quote name='dbzzx']How long is this good for? Did it just start?[/QUOTE]

Not sure how long it's for, I just got the promo in my Netflix envelope yesterday so I think it just started.

can anyone find out how long this free trial is good for? when does this offer expire?
thanks!!

edit: i chatted with gamefly rep Netflix free month ends 10/1/08.
they say that from netflix there is a discounted first month $10 for 2 games (dont have link yet) expires 12.31.08

Last edited by a moderator:
it's working again. Doesn't look like I qualify.

Free Trials and Trial Memberships

We offer free trials of the Service to allow customers to become familiar with the many benefits of the subscription plans we offer. These trials are available to new (first-time) customers only, limited to one per household, and cannot be combined with any other offer. This limited introductory free trial offer is only valid in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. A valid credit card is required. WE AUTHORIZE THE CARD IN THE AMOUNT OF ONE MONTHLY FEE IN ORDER TO VERIFY THE ACCOUNT. We receive no money from this transaction, even if your bank or credit card company temporarily holds the funds in your account.
We will begin billing your credit card for a monthly subscription fee (plus any applicable taxes) on the first day following the end of your free trial period. YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PRIOR TO THE END OF YOUR FREE TRIAL PERIOD TO AVOID HAVING YOUR CREDIT CARD CHARGED.
During the trial period, customers will not be eligible to receive free shipping on game purchases and will not accrue GameFly Rewards.

I signed up for Gamefly a couple months ago - so far it hasn't really met my expectations. I can only ever seem to get games that are way down at the bottom of my Q -- and I can never get new releases. I didn't expect to be able to get all of the newest games immediately -- but I can't even get games that have been out for a few months. I most likely won't be renewing

Of course the downside of this is by everybody and their mother having a free gamefly membership for the next month, their service is going to be TERRIBLE. Hope you guys plan on renting some ollllllllld games, haha.

As a current gamefly subscriber, the service is already terrible. Takes about a week and a half for a full switch. Not only that, its been about a week since i put 2 different games on queue without any of them shipping. I bought a 2 months/ 2 games at a time off ebay, but i most likely will cancel once that is done with.

As a long time subscriber I've learned to time my returns just right in order to get the new releases, and the turn around time is much better ever since they opened up a shipping center in PA. Though it is very disappointing that new releases are never in stock, it would be nice with all these new shipping centers they would increase the amount of games they have.

[quote name='mythus']As a current gamefly subscriber, the service is already terrible. Takes about a week and a half for a full switch. Not only that, its been about a week since i put 2 different games on queue without any of them shipping. I bought a 2 months/ 2 games at a time off ebay, but i most likely will cancel once that is done with.[/quote]

Yeah, well that's been my complaint for a long time. They have no real competition. I actually just finished my 400 XBL points deal they had, and to me the service just seems to be getting consistently worse. Dare I say it, but it wouldn't shock me if they started approaching Gameznflix territory soon.

The only thing that ever made Gamefly worth their outrageous price is that you could get new releases reasonably quick. The only way that happens now is if the game is terrible. In my month that just ended, the newest game I was able to get was Alone in the Dark for 360. I had Madden 09, NCAA 09, Civilization Revolution, etc. on that list, and none of those shipped.

i actually have always enjoyed my gamefly service. its gotten alot better since they opened the tampa facility. before it would take much longer to receive games.

and usually if i have a new release on the top of my list and have an open slot, i get it fairly quickly.

ive also taken advantage of some "lost" games

[quote name='guyver2077']ive also taked advantage of some "lost" games[/quote]

Stealing...awesome! Wow, there's a portrait of ignorance. This would be the exact reason their service gets worse numbnuts. Remember, what goes around, comes around.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Stealing...awesome! Wow, there's a portrait of ignorance. This would be the exact reason their service gets worse numbnuts. Remember, what goes around, comes around.[/quote]

I eventually return the games.. it's not may fault it gets lost in the mail and finally shows up weeks later after I have already claimed it lost and enjoying a new game.

[quote name='guyver2077']I eventually return the games.. it's not may fault it gets lost in the mail and finally shows up weeks later after I have already claimed it lost and enjoying a new game.[/quote]

You're right...they'll never figure that out...

Can't really say I like Gamefly. I mean its good in the game selection, but if you really want to rent a specific game that has low availability, the only way to insure you get it is if you clear your entire GameQ and only leave that game on there. Even then you have to wait for a long ass time. Its been...what, two weeks? I'm still waiting on Too Human....

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Can't really say I like Gamefly. I mean its good in the game selection, but if you really want to rent a specific game that has low availability, the only way to insure you get it is if you clear your entire GameQ and only leave that game on there. Even then you have to wait for a long ass time. Its been...what, two weeks? I'm still waiting on Too Human....[/QUOTE]

Cosign. I've shared a similar experience and it's driving me away from the service. I do agree with the poster that said things have sped up since the opening of the Tampa location, but things are still a little bit slow for my taste.

Anyone around the Little Rock, AR area have a subscription and know how decent the service is around here? I was about to sign up for the 9.99 for 2 disc deal w/ 400 ms points, but I'll just jump on this one instead. I really only want it since this holiday season is gonna have a lot of games I'd like to play but don't wanna throw down the cash on for all of em - but I'm just wondering how good the odds are of getting stuff like Fallout 3 or Fable 2 within the first week or so of release is. Just a random crapshoot? Or can you put them on your waiting list ahead of release and 'get in line' so to speak?

GameFly is the best $25~ I spend every month...well...after like paying for electricity and stuff, but you know. It really helps save me a lot of money on the gaming front. I no longer feel compelled to buy games that I am on the fence about. I rent them, play the hell out of them for a week, and then ship them right back. At the same time, I also like having the freedom to hold onto a game for a month, if I do end up really getting into. Plus, the rewards and access to cheap used games with free shipping is nice, too.

Also, my turn around is excellent, thanks to fast FastReturn. They usually ship the game out no more than two days after I drop the last one in the mail (even quicker if I go into the post office), and because Pittsburgh is so close, I end up with the new title in my hands within two days.

Turnaround Times are poor, and popular title are often out of stock.
It's still cheaper than buying games, and other online rental services are worse... so I stick with them.

If you want the popular titles.... you have to remove all the games in your queue except for the ones you want. They won't send out a game to you for a couple days, but each day that goes by that they haven't sent you out a game, moves you up higher on the priority list.

I think all the people getting the popular titles are doing this, or you can just get lucky and more copies of that title are returned than people on the priority list gaming the system.

They should really buy more copies of the popular titles. And they shouldn't limit your queue to 50 games... there are more than 50 future release titles I could put in my queue alone.

For those of you who don't know, you have a way better chance of getting the game you want if it is the only game on the list. I always get what I want whether it is on low availability or not.
Edit- just seen the post above. It works very well though, I have been able to easily get the most popular game out there using this method.

just signed up, thanks OP! Only games on my Q are Force Unleashed and Brothers in Arms

either way TFU looked like a rental so ill save a 7 bucks doing this.

so many great games coming in october like far cry 2 and fallout 3 but those are buys from me

[quote name='zizo79']thanks to magnumus

just follow the link ..you have to open a new account !

http://www.gamefly.com/netflix1/

enjoy one month free of gaming[/QUOTE]

VERY VERY VERY INTERESTING... Wonder if netflix and gamefly are thinking about doing a merger.. Why would they give netflix members a 30 day code??

unless it was a one time thing... Netflix gets 30 days of gamefly... Gamefly gets 30 days of netflix.

It would kick so much ass if NETFLIX takes over gamefly. 1 day shipping games that would be freaking awsome

[quote name='jason506']For those of you who don't know, you have a way better chance of getting the game you want if it is the only game on the list. I always get what I want whether it is on low availability or not.
Edit- just seen the post above. It works very well though, I have been able to easily get the most popular game out there using this method.[/quote]

lol Too Human's been the only game on my list for two weeks. Finally got it today. >_< You must be some lucky person in order to get the games you want really quickly. O_O

[quote name='chelosera91']anyone know if I can cancel my paid membership, and make a new one with a different email, but same card and mail address?[/quote]

This evening I started a new account, after previously being a subscriber, and I had no difficulties registering it. The only thing I was required to change was the e-mail address, but I am still using the same debit card that I used when I was a subscriber.

[quote name='helmet']This evening I started a new account, after previously being a subscriber, and I had no difficulties registering it. The only thing I was required to change was the e-mail address, but I am still using the same debit card that I used when I was a subscriber.[/quote]

same address too? if so thats awesome, since tomorrow is the last day of my membership, I can just start right away again for free!

VERY VERY VERY INTERESTING... Wonder if netflix and gamefly are thinking about doing a merger.. Why would they give netflix members a 30 day code??

unless it was a one time thing... Netflix gets 30 days of gamefly... Gamefly gets 30 days of netflix.

It would kick so much ass if NETFLIX takes over gamefly. 1 day shipping games that would be freaking awsome

about people with memberships already. It takes up to 7 days for them to catch you and then they will automatic cancell your account saying your household already had a deal.

[quote name='chelosera91']same address too? if so thats awesome, since tomorrow is the last day of my membership, I can just start right away again for free![/quote]

Yep, same address as before.

[quote name='slidecage']VERY VERY VERY INTERESTING... Wonder if netflix and gamefly are thinking about doing a merger.. Why would they give netflix members a 30 day code??

It would kick so much ass if NETFLIX takes over gamefly. 1 day shipping games that would be freaking awsome[/quote]

YES! THIS! I want this done! Netflix + Gamefly = best rental company ever. Just one thing, what are they gonna call it? Gamesnflix is already taken.

bread's done
Back