Free USB Drive from Microsoft

I am glad to see that this is still working. Hopefully they are at least 256 MB. But like a few other posters said, can't really complain because of the price. For anyone who wants to know what comes on the USB drive, here is a list:

- FAQs
- Windows Licensing Guide
- License Brief
- Product Information
- Transfer of Volume License Information
- Additional Resources

Now, what that all means is simple: format the USB drive as soon as you get it.

[quote name='PatientZero']I am glad to see that this is still working. Hopefully they are at least 256 MB. But like a few other posters said, can't really complain because of the price. For anyone who wants to know what comes on the USB drive, here is a list:

- FAQs
- License Brief
- Product Information
- Additional Resources

Now, what that all means is simple: format the USB drive as soon as you get it.[/quote]

HAHAHA I was thinking the same, hehehe!MUAHAHAHAHA

[quote name='PatientZero']I am glad to see that this is still working. Hopefully they are at least 256 MB. But like a few other posters said, can't really complain because of the price. For anyone who wants to know what comes on the USB drive, here is a list:

- FAQs
- License Brief
- Product Information
- Additional Resources

Now, what that all means is simple: format the USB drive as soon as you get it.[/QUOTE]
And make sure you have autorun disabled in case it tries to install any DRM crap so you can't format the drive.

Only person here who has a creeping here it's going to be 8mb 16mb. or something. Anyway, I'll believe it once someone posts, or I get mine.

Am I gonna be in trouble? I am using "FCKGW" version of Windows Xp pro. (LOL, anybody knows what I am talking about? Bwahahaha)

[quote name='praystation']Am I gonna be in trouble? I am using "FCKGW" version of Windows Xp pro. (LOL, anybody knows what I am talking about? Bwahahaha)[/quote]

LOL. I know.

For those of you who aren't "in the know", FCKGW are the first 5 letters in the pirated WinXP registration code. I think I have a copy of that around here somewhere.....

[quote name='the ender']LOL. I know.

For those of you who aren't "in the know", FCKGW are the first 5 letters in the pirated WinXP registration code. I think I have a copy of that around here somewhere.....[/QUOTE]

LOL. I am not getting it. Got too many usb drives / flash mem around.

[quote name='miyamotofreak']I alway needed a thumb drive for my mac.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Ditto. My G4 iMac has more character in it's keyboard than my wife's whole Dell PC.

[quote name='mcelfour']Ditto. My G4 iMac has more character in it's keyboard than my wife's whole Dell PC.[/QUOTE]
True dat.

So did anyone actually get one of these? I just got an email today saying that "Supply is depleted at this time"

[quote name='bfg9k']So did anyone actually get one of these? I just got an email today saying that "Supply is depleted at this time"[/QUOTE]

I just got the same email lol
I bet they didnt have any usb drives to begin with

"Thank you for your interest in the Mystery Solved Windows® licensing promotion. We've received your request for more information to help clarify Microsoft® Windows Desktop Licensing pre-loaded on the USB drive. Unfortunately, this Mystery Solved promotion was available in the U.S. only and while supplies last. Supply is depleted at this time, so we encourage you to please utilize the online alternative today."

Damn scammers.

[quote name='bfg9k']So did anyone actually get one of these? I just got an email today saying that "Supply is depleted at this time"[/QUOTE]
Just got that same email a minute ago. Way to go Microsoft.

Same email. Although I can't really say I'm disappointed since I had completely forgotten about signing up for this.

they cancelled mine as well. Same Microsoft as usual. Just a stupid ruse so that they would get you to sign up for their .net thing.

bread's done
Back