Free used copy of Gears of War 1 w/purchase of used copy of Gears of War 2

RyBo13

CAGiversary!
I just received a message from Gamestop that says this:

5/9/2011
Steal of the Week: Get Gears of War for FREE!

Score a pre-owned copy of Gears of War for FREE! Now through Sunday, May 15, you can redeem the Steal of the Week for a coupon that scores you two great titles, for the price of just one! Purchase a pre-owned copy GEARS OF WAR 2 and get the original - FREE! Snag this great deal in the Rewards Catalog NOW!

I apologize if this is a re-post I have never played the gears games and thought this was a decent deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Misleading title. Should change it to something like Free with purchase or something similar. I also thought GOW meant God Of War.

[quote name='dchrisd']Yeah, good job on the contribution, but horrible title. Extremely misleading[/QUOTE]

Well said. Thanks for the post OP! I have the original but would jump on this if I didn't.

Yeah sorry about the title guys Im not so great at this! Thank you for helping to fix it

I recommend changing GOW to GeOW in the title.

Not to thread crap, but if I didn't have either title, I would actually just get the Gears of War Triple Pack because it gets you both games plus the All Fronts Collection (in code form) in 1 brand new package.

But this deal is still cheaper and I think the All Fronts Collection has been as cheap as $5 (may even be right now).

Thought this was for God of War 1 and 2 would rather have that as a deal. I have both Gears of War as platinum hits still sealed.

[quote name='javierlp']May get this since I've ever played Gears...[/QUOTE]

Then you should definitely get in on this... GREAT games - all except the end of the second game - that was not so good... But 3 will finish the story :)

[quote name='chuckywang']Man, Gears of War is a HARD game. I'm on my first playthrough.[/QUOTE]
Yeah no doubt. I had an easier time finishing Gears 2 on Hardcore than Gears 1 on Easy.

[quote name='hellhunde']I thought it was God of War as well. Usually, Gears of War is written as GeoW to prevent confusion.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen that abbreviation ever. Not that I think it's a bad idea, I just have never seen anyone use it on any board until you just did.

[quote name='hellhunde']I thought it was God of War as well. Usually, Gears of War is written as GeoW to prevent confusion.[/QUOTE]

GeoW sounds more like an abbreviation for Geometry Wars. If it really needs to be shortened, why not just call it Gears?

Anyway, this is a decent deal if you don't have either game, but if you're really lucky you might be able to find a used copy of the GOTY/Gold edition of Gears of War 2 that has an unused All Fronts Collection code in it. As far as I know, Gamestop doesn't make any distinction between the different versions of Gears of War 2 in their system, so it should just ring up as the normal game whether it's the GOTY or not (or for that matter, even if it's the collectors edition).

[quote name='Edge']GeoW sounds more like an abbreviation for Geometry Wars. If it really needs to be shortened, why not just call it Gears?

Anyway, this is a decent deal if you don't have either game, but if you're really lucky you might be able to find a used copy of the GOTY/Gold edition of Gears of War 2 that has an unused All Fronts Collection code in it. As far as I know, Gamestop doesn't make any distinction between the different versions of Gears of War 2 in their system, so it should just ring up as the normal game whether it's the GOTY or not (or for that matter, even if it's the collectors edition).[/QUOTE]

I thought the GOTY of Gears 2 had a 2nd disc for the DLC.

[quote name='Edge']GeoW sounds more like an abbreviation for Geometry Wars. If it really needs to be shortened, why not just call it Gears?[/QUOTE]

gears would work in most cases i believe.

[quote name='FireWarrior']I thought the GOTY of Gears 2 had a 2nd disc for the DLC.[/QUOTE]

No, you're probably thinking of the Fallout 3 or Oblivion GOTY editions. Gears of War 2 just had a download code like RE5 Gold did on the Xbox 360. Not even the triple pack includes a separate disc for the DLC, it still just has a token to download it.

bread's done
Back