Free Webcams for Military Families.

wow if you bs this to get a free webcam, you're an asshole.

thanks for the deal op, but it looks like we have cags that will stoop down that low for a free webcam..

Thanks OP! Seems I managed to snag one, or at least that's how the email is making it sound.

EDIT: And to make things clear I do have a family member in the military. It's actually my aunt's husband, so I plan to send the camera to her so she can talk to him. I realized my post made me sound like I'm stooping low for a camera, and I'm not lol :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Got one for my sister and her husband. Both are military, sis is in the Airforce and her husband is in the Navy.

I am torn T_T I am joining the Army in a couple of months but I don't want to request a free webcam since I am planning on going to join.

[quote name='Penguin1084']wow if you bs this to get a free webcam, you're an asshole.

thanks for the deal op, but it looks like we have cags that will stoop down that low for a free webcam..[/QUOTE]
An asshole....? Stooping down....?

What...?

Also, thanks got mine coming.

Ya my cousin's husband is going back to Afghanistan so it would be nice to have a working webcam to talk to him. Thanks op :)

My entire family is military (Navy, Air Force, and Army Reserves). It would be great to talk to them as well as have a webcam just to have. My brother-in-law has gone over to Iraq/Afghanistan about 3 times now.

And yeah, anyone who just searches for a base name just to get a free webcam... well my words aren't polite for those who do that.

people misuse military discounts/promotions on this website all the time. I'm done being upset about it.
I'd get one, but my wife and I both have webcams in our laptops so when I go to the Philippines in a few days we'll be able to talk.

anything that can get abused/misused will, on any site, this is on other sites too. just like how great deals posted get killed by the CAG/FW/SD effect.

Just cause it does get abused doesn't make it any better. But if some people can live with themselves by abusing something like this... then whatever. They just won't be MY friend, most definitely and I won't pity them if they get in trouble for abusing the program.

[quote name='Shane_For_Wax']Just cause it does get abused doesn't make it any better. But if some people can live with themselves by abusing something like this... then whatever. They just won't be MY friend, most definitely and I won't pity them if they get in trouble for abusing the program.[/QUOTE]

Ditto! The only time I ever truly "hoarded" was when You're in the Movies was clearanced at $5 (grabbed about 12). I only did it to get the cameras to send to my military buddies over in Iraq so they could communicate with me and their loved ones. Before that, I was buying ISights (mac camera) for about $50 a pop from people on Craigslist to send over there.

I really don't believe any CAGs would have abused this deal, but once something goes up on SD, it's toast.

[quote name='James1221']got mine already and talking to my gf in the army as we speak![/QUOTE]

Nice should be getting mine soon then id assume

I just checked the tracking just now and it got delivered today at our apartment office. Too bad the office is close already, so I'll get it tomorrow.

Just got it. It's a HP Deluxe Webcam model #KQ246AA. I looked online for the prices, and I guess it's over $20. Not bad.

Well the confirmation email says to contact them if you don't receive tracking info after a week. I did and they said to wait 3-4 weeks for tracking.

Just got it today. Nice little webcam. Going to ship it off to my aunt tomorrow or Thursday with a little note from me. It'll be a nice surpise for her.

bread's done
Back